Pegasus 3 - Jan 2008 London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
    Yeah, I remember. The first time I saw that I was like "what the hell are they all doing?!"
    I'm just relieved no one talked me into doing either 'sharking' (I had to cling to my chair to prevent being dragged up for that) and that Bohemian Rhapsody one. The...ahem...'non-PG' one.
    I've never heard of those two.....sounds like I don't want too either.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
      I've never heard of those two.....sounds like I don't want too either.

'Sharking' involves running in circles around people standing on chairs pretending to surf. You have one arm over your head like a fin and another arm behind your back like a tail. It was rather bizarre! I think it was done to a Beach Boys song but I'm not 100% sure.

And don't even get me started on the Bohemian Rhapsody one! All I know is I can't remember the words and that's probably a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky View Post
        Ummmm.....yeah, being drunk will help - a lot! I don't generally dance, but the Con dances are a different matter entirely lol
        LOL, yeah i'm the same, usually there's no way you'd find me on a dance floor, but cons are different...it's like living in a mad little bubble for the weekend!

You uploading any to You Tube? I've found some - to show my hubby (probably not the best idea in the world as now he thinks I'm madder than ever lol) - but haven't found a decent one of Dr Who or Star Trekkin' though. Anyone else found any?
        heheh.... I think I have a vid of Dr Who around somewhere that I must put up on youtube. And I think teknikal took one of Star Trekkin at P3... don't know about showing them to people in RL lol! I'm not sure they'd understand

It's so funny when eveyone goes wrong. As you say, it's part of the fun of the Con dances. Even though I've been to lots of Cons I never used to go to the parties initially (mad I know) & don't know half the dances, so I'm up for learning some more.
        I've been going to cons for 10 years...up till P3, the only con dance I really knew was Star Trekkin (and I suppose the macerena, but that wasn't from cons )

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky View Post
          LOL Brilliant! It is such a funny dance & so much fun. What a giggle.

Eric Breker said at Wolf SG11 (I think it was 11 - whichever most recent one he was at) when we were chatting to him at the bar, that he was doing the Star Trekkin' dance at the last Con & someone shoved him on the floor when it came to the 'he's dead Jim' so he ended up being one of them lol

Me & my friend said we always wondered how they chose who colapsed on the floor & now we knew <g>
          "If" I do Star Trekkin' I just drop to the floor - no need to push!
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

'Sharking' involves running in circles around people standing on chairs pretending to surf. You have one arm over your head like a fin and another arm behind your back like a tail. It was rather bizarre! I think it was done to a Beach Boys song but I'm not 100% sure.

And don't even get me started on the Bohemian Rhapsody one! All I know is I can't remember the words and that's probably a good thing
            That's what that was! I had no idea what they were doing.

The Bohemian Rhapsody one was another dance where I had no idea what they were doing, and wasn't really paying attention to the dance floor. Like you said, it was probably a good thing.

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            "If" I do Star Trekkin' I just drop to the floor - no need to push!
            That's what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
              Oh you need Listy to show you - she picked them up really quickly! She is our nominated con dancer ( which means the rest of us basically just watch)
              The ones I had a go of were really easy, and loads of fun, although I really didn't know what I was getting myself into on the star trekking one, came as a bit of a shock when I found my self hurtling towards the centre of the room at speed, in high heels!!!

Oh for sure!!!!! I think it is a requirement! Although for me to do them I would have to be so drunk I think it would be dangerous!

I have clips of a fair number of con dances somewhere on my PC
              Must remember to get SheppyD and the whumpers sloshed on champagne so we can all con dance together

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
              Star Trekkin' was crazy, but fun. (I was one of the dead people.)
              crazy..... yeah it really was but hilarious!!

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                The ones I had a go of were really easy, and loads of fun, although I really didn't know what I was getting myself into on the star trekking one, came as a bit of a shock when I found my self hurtling towards the centre of the room at speed, in high heels!!!
                The look on your face was priceless.

Must remember to get SheppyD and the whumpers sloshed on champagne so we can all con dance together
                Like we need an excuse!

I loved the Dr Who one, I don't remember the ones where they all sat on the chairs though. Did I sleep through those?

Comment

Oh I may give it a go at P4!!!

BTW put some con dances on you tube - you can find them in my LJ ( links on P4 thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                    The look on your face was priceless.
                    I bet it was, I had no idea that was about to happen, no warning whatsoever

Comment

Oh I may give it a go at P4!!!

BTW put some con dances on you tube - you can find them in my LJ ( links on P4 thread)
                      ha!! such a giggle

Comment

I can't believe I didn't get to meet half of you at P3!
                        Right, next year will be different. I'll be dressed as Sheppard (again lol) so if you see me say hi

Comment

I can't believe I didn't get to meet half of you at P3!
                          Right, next year will be different. I'll be dressed as Sheppard (again lol) so if you see me say hi
                          Once I saw your pics that you posted, I realised I had seen you in passing, but not to talk to, will make sure I find you at P4 I won't be quite so shy next time

Comment

I think i can say the same....i probably was standing right beside most people !!!!

Comment

I'll second or third that. I'm usually pretty shy around people, especially large crowds of people. I did like (and will make for myself for P4) people who had nametags with their GW and LJ names. Made things a little easier...
                              sigpic

Comment

Once I saw your pics that you posted, I realised I had seen you in passing, but not to talk to, will make sure I find you at P4 I won't be quite so shy next time
                                You'll have to post a pic of you so I can let you know whether I saw you!

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
                                I think i can say the same....i probably was standing right beside most people !!!!
                                Well I *definately* saw you

Comment

Working...
                                X