This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    I've got a recipe for Lamingons (or should that be Lemming-tons ) Good old Aussie Womens Weekly, I have a lot of their cook books. I cannot for the life of me make Anzacs
    Oh no Anzacz are easy but you have to make sure not to make the mixture to watery because with all that syrup they spread like mad in the oven and you end up with a huge Anzac square. Yeah been there done that and ruined a few baking trays in the process.
    Originally posted by mrtvr4
    I'm sure I had one in the USA when I was there, damnit I want one now, thanks mate
    *hands mrtvr4 national charity fundraising style Lamingtons* No pink icing ones though they are just evil.

Comment

I think its really halarious how much people get worked up over a paragraph in a blog.

And in reality Joe is 100% correct.

We know nothing about the conciquences of the situation on the show.

They gave him the opportunity to be the star of an emotional episode and he accepted.

Why aren't we blaming Paul McGillion for accepting? Why don't we have threads calling for a riot against the actor?

Of course it was sad for him to leave in the way he did, but will my life change from him not appearing on a weekly television show anymore?

Absolutly not.

Do I wish that he could of stayed on?

Absolutly.

It's just not my place to question what goes on in the inner-workings of their writing/producing deparment or even if their was some personal issues behind the scenes for his departure.
      I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

It is the nature of TV, and dare I say it, being an actor.

If every actor wanted to stay on their TV shows and never leave until cancellation, where would that leave shows? Some shows benefit from these changes. And until season 4 is half way through I don't think anyone can say with certainty that the changes are good or bad, they are for now just changes. I am feeling more positive every day about them but I am still more wait and see.

And I agree, Joe had every right to post about food or his politics or his disdain for shows killing off his favourite characters, it is freedom of speech it is his blog after all. If I had to ask people on my flish *small as it is* for permission to post on a topic before hand it would be pointless having a blog/LJ account.

Oh and even if you think these things come with a responsibility I think in this case Joe was responsible in his post and he even went out of his way to clarify things for others, he really didn't need to buy into the ranting by fans.

*someone help me I think I like Joe* The world is ending....

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Oh no Anzacz are easy but you have to make sure not to make the mixture to watery because with all that syrup they spread like mad in the oven and you end up with a huge Anzac square. Yeah been there done that and ruined a few baking trays in the process.
          Ah that's the secret is it, thanks for the hint

Comment

I apploud Joe for his blog and words.
            Its very refreshing from all the usual babble most writers and showrunners spill out to keep everyone happy.
            It shows that he is just a person like everyone else.
            And of course he is right about what he says as well.
            So, Hallowed is the Joe or sumthing

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
              I think its really halarious how much people get worked up over a paragraph in a blog.
              It isn't just that blog. Some of us have been around since the days when Joe was a regular poster here at GW. He was snarky and vile then too. He loves to stir the pot, and he really does enjoy a good flame war.

I hate to say it, but he CAN be a very good writer as well. He has written some of the best episodes of SG1, but he has also written the absolute worst episodes of SGA, by far. If he is going to be show runner on SGA, he needs to stop dumping the characters just because he doesn't understand them. Fans have invested 3 years in these characters and tossing two of them to the wind in rapid succession is a bit hard to swallow. . .even for a lemming.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                I hate to say it, but he CAN be a very good writer as well. He has written some of the best episodes of SG1, but he has also written the absolute worst episodes of SGA, by far. If he is going to be show runner on SGA, he needs to stop dumping the characters just because he doesn't understand them. Fans have invested 3 years in these characters and tossing two of them to the wind in rapid succession is a bit hard to swallow. . .even for a lemming.
                Oh no doubt... he's very witty and I did enjoy the way he handled persistent ship questions on his blogs and Ask thread.

What you said about the SGA eps goes someway in highlighting that both shows are quite different kettles of fish.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                  It isn't just that blog. Some of us have been around since the days when Joe was a regular poster here at GW. He was snarky and vile then too. He loves to stir the pot, and he really does enjoy a good flame war.

That's even more reason to ignore it or at least be used to it.

If someone like Rob Cooper, or someone who isn't as snarky/vile said it, I would completely understand the outrage.

And I remember that this hasn't been the first time and 100% likely it wont be the last in some form.

He probably gets a high off of starting controversy, after the first few times I just learn to ignore it. Personally season 4 is the make or break for me, if they actually get through a year without slaying another major character or bringing Lucius in again then it might be alright.

Then again another side of me thinks that Sci-Fi will can Atlantis whether or not it gets good ratings.
                  I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Er, I guess I am an odd duck who is "pro" the blog and the lemmings thread. Do I think both get dramatic at time, sure, but the great thing about the web is free speech. I enjoy his blog and am a giant advocate of "If it hops you off, don't read it". But the lemmings are entitled to have opinions, whether they are considered valid, over-the-top or embarassing. I think its funny that his comment created such a "flurry" (like a hundred people on a forum) and then he felt the need to address it (for whatever reason). A bit OT- I also laughed out loud at the "Why the Board Has Gone Nuts" Thread title and I will whole-heartedly admit I am crushed at what happened in Sunday. But I'll of course keep watching. But I can only speak for myself.

Sorry, I have always played Switzerland in spats, so why not on a forum to?

sigpic
                    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                      I'm not saying Joe couldn't have said things in a more gentle or less provocative manner, but I think if people were talking about me and my colleagues the way we talk about the people behind Stargate, I might blow a gasket too. It's got to be very frustrating to see things from a different POV, not be able to talk publicly about what's really going on, and then read some of the outrageous speculation that goes on. I think it would be hard to take.
                      nails it in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                        Er, I guess I am an odd duck who is "pro" the blog and the lemmings thread. Do I think both get dramatic at time, sure, but the great thing about the web is free speech. I enjoy his blog and am a giant advocate of "If it hops you off, don't read it". But the lemmings are entitled to have opinions, whether they are considered valid, over-the-top or embarassing. I think its funny that his comment created such a "flurry" (like a hundred people on a forum) and then he felt the need to address it (for whatever reason). A bit OT- I also laughed out loud at the "Why the Board Has Gone Nuts" Thread title and I will whole-heartedly admit I am crushed at what happened in Sunday. But I'll of course keep watching. But I can only speak for myself.

Sorry, I have always played Switzerland in spats, so why not on a forum to?

Actually the threads have been highly amusing, and not unexpected. No matter what Joe says, good or bad, people are going to visit his blog and some will hang on his every word as gold. It was like that in the past, and I don't see why it should change in the future. Example being he says Weir will play a significant part in an arc, and when that arc, whatever it is comes around and fans percevie it as not significant, there will be ,er discussion. It'll be the same as the 'you'll see a lot of ship' remarks from seasons ago which got lots of ship fans fuming when they perceived none, or very little.

The blog is amusing to read, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          The blog is amusing to read, but that's about it.
                          Yeah and that point got way lost in all of this, at least it looks like level heads have prevailed but you know, season isn't over yet.

Comment

Yeah and that point got way lost in all of this, at least it looks like level heads have prevailed but you know, season isn't over yet.
                            As long as the show goes on AND Joe continues to blog about the show, it will be just like hte old days (which to say can be the good, the bad and ugly, as far as fandom is concerned).

Comment

it is his blog after all.
                              Exactly! It's not like he blasted people on GW, which as we know, isn't allowed and would have been modded. Not that I'd blame him if he did, the ammount of disrespectful comments thrown his way in the past. He said it on his personal blog; one that has nothing to do with the show.

We're part of an era where fandom has evolved, where TPTB/actors can and do interact with the fans. Some do more frequant than others, and I think bc of that, some fans seem to think they have this special connection with them; they think that TPTB should listen to them. Yeah, to a degree, listen to the overall opinions but at the end of the day, it's these guys who are gettin paid to produce the show. It's their profession for which they've studied. I know I get ticked off when a customer tries to tell me how to do my job, a job I've been doing for 3 years.

And on that slight tangent...
                              <snip>

I've always given props to JM for saying what's on his mind, even during his days at GW. Whilst not what one would consider professional, his comments have always been amusing imo.
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 20 January 2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Folks, if you have issues with other posters, take it to the mods. If you have issues with the mods, take it to the other mods.

But if thier actions don't break the rules, then don't sweat about it. And don't talk about them behind thier backs.

the topic here is Pro Joe's Blog...not open season on the posters here. Blurry line i know, but please try to keep it on topic
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X