Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemming Thread (spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join. I'm a bit confused by the ill-informed bit to be honest. Since the lemmings have only received information from Brad Wright and are ill-informed, is he suggesting that Brad Wright is ill-informed?

*puzzles*

Comment

psst...astro - I didn't make that sig...
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        I'll be a Carson Lemming....
        Speaking of which (by Kami):

Bless him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShoDar View Post
          Eh, I kind of agree with him. And here's one of the reasons (not trying to single out an individual here, but it's a good example of the general hysteria):

We don't know that Paul was fired at all. He has said he would love to come back but that could just as easily be in the same vein as Shanks when he asked to be written out saying that he'd love to come back if they did something better with the character. We also have absolutely no idea why Torri is going to be recurring. For all we know, she has another project that will be taking up time. The reality is that people are probably deliberately staying quiet until after the season airs in the US. You don't get huge press releases months in advance about who is going to die and why in 24 or Lost, why would you expect to for SGA? But people here are blasting the lack of info and making up their own.

I totally understand and (sometimes) agree with the dissappointment over a character leaving a show. But instead of going "Oh that's sad... I hope the show will still be good even without ____." or even "I don't have a lot of faith that the show will still be good without ____" there have been quite a few people actively attacking the producers and making statements as fact that we don't know are facts. I sure as heck don't always agree with various producers or writers but I'd consider that blog entry a hit back at the people who have been hiding behind the general "tptb" to pretend they haven't been way more mean than JM was in his blog.
          I take your point. However, as far as I'm concerned the lack of ability to write female characters is a fact.

Let me explain:

Sam - Sam worked most of the time because she was a geek. Look at the mess they made when they gave her an emotional life.

Weir - G*d only knows what they thought they were doing bringing Weir in. Perhaps they got all Oedipal at that point.

Teyla- I'd hesitate to say they even managed to write Teyla in yet.

I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
            That was my best friend actually! =D If this gets popular, I might make a banner or something. *lol* Sigs have never been so enjoyable! Save the Lemmings!
            Lemmings - the heart and soul of Stargate Atlantis!
            You should make a banner (wait, dind't I see one already?...)

Originally posted by Kami View Post
            8'D Lemming power.

Ahhhh! That is just the cutest thing on Earth. Consider yourself worshipped.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I just don't understand why some people feel that they desrerve to know the reasons for every behind the scenes decision simply because they are a fan. It seems a little pretentious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
                He's obviously gonna be the one who speaks out now because he's the head honcho on Atlantis these days.
                Well, hopefully - as Brad Wright and Robert C Cooper are still invovled with the Stargate franchise - they'll realise the damage JM's... less than careful statements are doing to all the production team of Stargate in the eyes of the fans who actually are exposed to them and do some damage control.
                Cos right now, JM's comments don't reflect well on anyone, neither on himself nor on his co-workers. - Don't get me wrong, I actually am amused by his snarkiness and did laugh when I read that comment - and that entire paragraphed, TBH. It still shoudln't've been said, tho.
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Put me on the list!!!

Anyone make any avatars yet? I need a lemming avatar to use here at GW.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by dispader View Post
                    I just don't understand why some people feel that they desrerve to know the reasons for every behind the scenes decision simply because they are a fan. It seems a little pretentious to me.
                    I don't think anyone here said they deserve to know everything - of course not.
                    ut consider this.
                    People learn form an off the hand comment that a ergular character in the show is being demoted to recurring - only several episodes after aother regular character gets the same treatment - Sunday spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    haven't yet got to see the episode, but I eralise he actually died? Grrr. More comments on that when I've seen for myself...

Obviously, said incidents don't exactly majke the fans of the show happy... so they're looking for blaming someone.
                    JM called the people who blame the production team for this "ill informed lemmings" because they don't know what's really going on. Fair enough, we don't. But if he has a problem with that, he shoudl put his money where his mouth is and enlighten us on where we're mistaken - or I don't think he can complain about people making accusations based on partial knowledge or a complete lack of.
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ShoDar View Post
                      Eh, I kind of agree with him.

We don't know that Paul was fired at all. He has said he would love to come back but that could just as easily be in the same vein as Shanks when he asked to be written out saying that he'd love to come back if they did something better with the character. We also have absolutely no idea why Torri is going to be recurring. For all we know, she has another project that will be taking up time. The reality is that people are probably deliberately staying quiet until after the season airs in the US. You don't get huge press releases months in advance about who is going to die and why in 24 or Lost, why would you expect to for SGA? But people here are blasting the lack of info and making up their own.

I totally understand and (sometimes) agree with the dissappointment over a character leaving a show. But instead of going "Oh that's sad... I hope the show will still be good even without ____." or even "I don't have a lot of faith that the show will still be good without ____" there have been quite a few people actively attacking the producers and making statements as fact that we don't know are facts. I sure as heck don't always agree with various producers or writers but I'd consider that blog entry a hit back at the people who have been hiding behind the general "tptb" to pretend they haven't been way more mean than JM was in his blog.
                      Here's the thing, if they didn't want to cause hysteria in the first place, why give up this massive spoiler without at least enough of the facts pertaining to it to let our minds at ease? Do they really truely expect to announce that since Torri's being downgraded from main to recurring cast member with barely no warning and without a reason so soon after Paul's departure that we wouldn't wonder why? We wouldn't spectulate? Toss up theories and try to ratonize why we would just say "oh, well ok then." and leave it at that? I don't think so. And posting it on Gateworld and officiallizing it ain't exactly keeping it quiet huh?

And oh, don't get us wrong about the news also being sad and heartbreaking to us as well, both of those feelings we are I'm sure expessing as well. But me and I'm sure many others on this thread are here posting cause our anger, injustice and fury at the people who are in charge in making this whole mess occur in the first place. We don't know who make the call, and to be honest, it doesn't matter who did to me, it's the fact that the call was made altogether is what ticks me and others of. When I say TPTB I mean all of them, not just the one. If he wants to call us names back, then that's his choice, but he'll just make the backlash even worse for himself for stirring up the pot even more.
                      Last edited by wannatee_1984; 16 January 2007, 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
                      A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                      sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                        While i'm not a huge Becket fan, i was still a fan, and as such i believe that i can remain rational and objective on the goings on down Atlantis way. However, that gentlemen's blog is absolutely outrageous. He really has no right to attack the fans who are demanding answers and campaigning for the character.

What a silly, silly comment to make.
                        What a silly, silly comment to make.

Do I qualify as a lemming?

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                        "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          I don't think anyone here said they deserve to know everything - of course not.
                          ut consider this.
                          People learn form an off the hand comment that a ergular character in the show is being demoted to recurring - only several episodes after aother regular character gets the same treatment - Sunday spoilers
                          Spoiler:
                          haven't yet got to see the episode, but I eralise he actually died? Grrr. More comments on that when I've seen for myself...

Obviously, said incidents don't exactly majke the fans of the show happy... so they're looking for blaming someone.
                          JM called the people who blame the production team for this "ill informed lemmings" because they don't know what's really going on. Fair enough, we don't. But if he has a problem with that, he shoudl put his money where his mouth is and enlighten us on where we're mistaken - or I don't think he can complain about people making accusations based on partial knowledge or a complete lack of.
                          Exactly Pitry. It's not the fact that he's saying we're uninformed that's the problem. It's the fact that he's deriding our questioning these issues when he and the other PTB are the one's preventing us from becoming informed - regardless of their reasoning.

Oh, and I guess I'm a lemming too. The fact that I'm blindly joining in with the uninformed and unanimous mob kind of gives it away, hey?
                          sigpic
                          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Please, add my name to the list. BTW, I was searching for lemming pics on google and look what I found:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dispader View Post
                              Not looking for a reason to every behind the scenes decision. Just sad that there seems to be an overhaul to a show I was enjoying which includes kicking off or demoting 2 good characters. It's not like we're demanding to know why in one episode artifact A was on one side of Weir's desk but in the next episode it was on the other. Changing 2 good cast members in such a short space of time as well as bringing over an SG1 character for a fair chunk of episodes (which they didn't mind giving a reason for I might add) is just concerning folks and they're saying so. Freedom of speech and all that.

But hey, if it wasn't for his blog entry, I wouldn't be getting the laughs I am today. *looks at mcbarr's post*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                                Put me on the list!!!

Anyone make any avatars yet? I need a lemming avatar to use here at GW.
                                i'll join with lemming avatar if there is one. i am on the list for sure.
                                if TPTB like to insult their viewers, then they don't deserve them.

i had less and less hope for S4 since i heard M&M are taking over, now i am convinced that SGA will be done by the end of this season and that next year there will show with that name, but it won't be same show. JF said there will be reset in finale, seems like they are really going to go for something different.

why stick with the name at all then? for what?

we should start "Save Stargate:Atlantis" topic. this is sad, totally sad.
                                i know it's against rules to say what i think of TPTB at this moment, so i won't, but i can bet you all share that feeling and think the same.

signed :

VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Working...
                                X