Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shrill and Ill-Informed Lemming Thread (spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
    The thing that makes me proud about this whole thing ... By calling us this he proves that our voices aren’t going unnoticed. We are being heard. I don't know if it means that things will change or we'll have any impact on the directions of the show, but at least we're becoming an irritant in the side of TPTB. Not sure what it means for the future or show but it fuels my want to go out and do more for the sake of my favorite characters and show!

Yes, I'm a lemming!
    The question is: How can they change things back even IF (which I doubt) they wanted to? And not make it seem totally unbelievable? That's a difficult one. XD
    sigpic

Comment

Hey, would you mind if we merged the members list into here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39566 ?
      Since we're already going on about the topic in there anyway =)
      sigpic

Comment

Sure, but then you have to edit in my first post in here with your first post over there and maintain the members list ^_^.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          Here's a lemming there's a lemming and another little lemming...

I've always loved lemmings.

And Kudos to whoever it was that created the lemming on the first page *dies*
          That was my best friend actually! =D If this gets popular, I might make a banner or something. *lol* Sigs have never been so enjoyable! Save the Lemmings!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            Sure, but then you have to edit in my first post in here with your first post over there and maintain the members list ^_^.
            Of course! =)
            sigpic

Comment

I *was* going to ***** about the 'lemming's thing (seeing as how the poor things are much maligned by the media and that stupid Disney stunt), but the picture's too cute.

Anyway, Joe M can say whatever the heck he wants in his blog; As pointed out, that's what they're for, we do the same thing. However, I don't see him needing to be protected by any fans. He can slog dirt just as well as any fan (you'd have to have seen one of his flaming letters to a critic to realize that). He does seem to enjoy toying with the fans though.

Anyway, not happy with the season 4 stuff; TPTB don't seem to realize SGA has its own SOLID fanbase who want the show to continue as Atlantis, not a diluted Sg1.

Comment

oh me! me please. I'm all shrilled out and ready to go. =3
                A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

8'D Lemming power.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                    The question is: How can they change things back even IF (which I doubt) they wanted to? And not make it seem totally unbelievable? That's a difficult one. XD
                    I don't think they can, at least with Beckett anyway. It would lose them the little credibility they have left and it's rehashing not only an overused plot device of scifi but of Stargate. And like Shadowmaat said over in, I think it was the Save Elizabeth Weir thread, it's one thing repeating sci-fi plotlines but recycling within Stargate itself is just a bad idea (although going on some recent episodes, recycling Stargate plotlines doesn't seem to be a problem). If they were to bring back Beckett, no matter how they did it, people would scream "Daniel Jackson!".

And as gutted as I am about Carson, even I think that if you've taken a course of action in a tv show (and I mean filmed and shown on tv, not just written), at least have the conviction to stick to it.

At the moment, there's still the slightest chance of changing Elizabeth's fate. Although I think I'm living in a bubble of optimism judging by Joe's latest comments.

LOL @ Lemming power. I think, at least going by this thread, Joe's surely going to wish he'd never mentioned lemmings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kami View Post
                      8'D Lemming power.

Oh gawd, that icon is soooooooooo cute.

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea. They might want, they might not. They may be able to change things and make it believable, they may not, I really have no idea. However, I don't think there is any harm in making sure they're aware that the fanbase is not happy (even if all they do is blow it off).

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Signups have been moved to: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39566

Comment

Originally posted by Kami View Post
                            8'D Lemming power.

This is beautiful. XDDD *cacklesnort*

Edit: The Member List is up. Tell me if you wanna be added!
                            sigpic

Comment

This is beautiful. XDDD *cacklesnort*

Edit: The Member List is up. Tell me if you wanna be added!
                              Please ADD ME !!!! I'm a proud lemming !!!

Comment

Joe Mallozzi...PTB...

And don't forget it
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X