X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    I've been thinking of getting this logo -

[IM//G]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Egle01/Varia/stargatelogo.jpg[/IMG]

- tattooed somewhere. I don't want it to be totally hidden, but don't want to look at it all the time either. Got any suggestions where it should be located?
    the back of your shoulder blade is a nice place too

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    As a non tattooed person, I have a couple of questions. Please, someone or a bunch of you answer, since I really want to know:

1. Why do you want to have a tattoo?

2. What will you do in a few years if/when tattoos become as fashionable as powder blue suits?
    1. I wanted it precisely for its permanence. It was a personal thing for me, a statement I wanted that wouldn't be changed.

2. if I had a 'fashionable' tattoo, I'd probably be more worried about that As it is, the tattoos I have are deeply personal and, much like I don't much care what people think of my clothes or anything else, I don't really care whether my tattooed skin falls out of fashion
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
      1. I wanted it precisely for its permanence. It was a personal thing for me, a statement I wanted that wouldn't be changed.

2. if I had a 'fashionable' tattoo, I'd probably be more worried about that As it is, the tattoos I have are deeply personal and, much like I don't much care what people think of my clothes or anything else, I don't really care whether my tattooed skin falls out of fashion
      I agree with you tattoos are personal for most people each tattoo has some sort of meaning to them. They usually get one to honor a parent/child or someone special to them who has died. Or even to celebrate the birth of their child. And then there are tattoos people get to empower them every time they look at it. I don't think tattoos are a fashion.. It's about self expression and that never goes out of style, because it's different with each and every person.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
        I agree with you tattoos are personal for most people each tattoo has some sort of meaning to them. They usually get one to honor a parent/child or someone special to them who has died. Or even to celebrate the birth of their child. And then there are tattoos people get to empower them every time they look at it. I don't think tattoos are a fashion.. It's about self expression and that never goes out of style, because it's different with each and every person.
        people get tattooed for all sorts of reasons but even when people get a "fashionable" tattoo, I still think it speaks volumes about the choices they make, whether they know they've made a choice or not
        sigpic

Comment

people get tattooed for all sorts of reasons but even when people get a "fashionable" tattoo, I still think it speaks volumes about the choices they make, whether they know they've made a choice or not
          That is true that there all sort of reasons people get tattoos. There are people that do get it just because that is what everyone else is doing and they pick a pretty butterfly or something and it has no personal meaning behind it. That is why I said "most" not all people get one for personal reasons. I used to watch Miami Ink and most of the people who went in there their tat design had a personal meaning behind it. Everyone that I know that got a tattoo has their own personal reason for it. And whenever I can afford to get a tattoo all of my tattoos are going to have a personal reason behind them. That's all I am saying. But you are right there are many reasons why people get a tattoo.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a fascination with the Ancient language and I've decided to decipher a Latin phrase into Ancient and get it on my forearm. I drew it on using a sharpie just to get an idea of what it would look like. I'll let you translate it.

Comment

Originally posted by austins View Post
              I have a fascination with the Ancient language and I've decided to decipher a Latin phrase into Ancient and get it on my forearm. I drew it on using a sharpie just to get an idea of what it would look like. I'll let you translate it.
              http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...ibletattoo.jpg
              neat!
              will it be that size? (I only ask because I remember what it felt like, especially at the crook of the elbow and the inside of the wrist. Not really a fainter...but...)
              Pics when you get it done?
              sigpic

Comment

I would like it to be that size, depending on how much it would cost. It'll be my first, so I have no reference to how it will feel getting it. Perhaps do an outline first then fill it in later?

Comment

I would like it to be that size, depending on how much it would cost. It'll be my first, so I have no reference to how it will feel getting it. Perhaps do an outline first then fill it in later?
                  You'd have to talk to an artist to get a cost but if it's going to be your first, it's always good to check out sites like BME and get familiar with things like aftercare and stuff. I've got quite a few tattoos and the inside of the wrist is the only place that made me feel like I was going to faint (I laughed at the inside of my elbow but I may not be wired right, ). I found that outlining tends to be the more painful, as the artists will likely user finer needles for this work and they can pinch a little in the corners. Depending on the size you decide on, you may want to do the outlining in one sitting, wait for that to heal, and get it coloured later (shading needles, what artists use to fill and colour, are not as fine as outlining needles so the work will likely move along quicker and with less pain but if your skin is quite sensitive, it may be pretty cranky with you from the outlining so you may not be up for both.)

Of course, pain tolerance is different for everyone. I fell asleep for a couple of mine, so it may not bother you at all. You'll know before the first half hour is done what you'll be willing to take.

I'm really excited to see how that turns out
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire_Jade View Post
                    Or even to celebrate the birth of their child.

I wanted one for a long time but never got one because I could not think of something that would mean the same thing in 30 years till....
                    After Stargate Creation Convention 2006 we brought home a souvenir, I was pregers! I can say that my son is truly a SiFi baby. I talked to a friend who does tattoos and he put the gate with Beemer's initials and his birthday inside the gate! I will never forget my little souvenir and want to keep the memories that have come from this little boy alive forever.

Comment

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2...ibletattoo.jpg
                      I also suggest doing that for a while, writing it on yourself or even printing if out, just to make sure if you want it at all. Also to know the dimensions of your tattoo.

But also keep in mind how you make your living. If you can't show tattoos, you'll have to wear long sleeves in the summer.

Also, just to triple check your double check; go to as many sites and talk to as many people as possible for your Ancient Translations. It hurts more to get a tattooed removed and scarring is always a good possibilty. So you can't go back and get it redone so easily.

Also go to the best, save up and don't go to the first shop you drive by. Check out the artists' work online and get someone who majors in what you're looking to get tattooed.

But if you go for it; please post pics and tell us about your experience.

BTW, what does it say?
                      O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Its been a while since I last posted in this thread, but I've had more added onto my arm.

I now have two Jaffa guards, a Horus and Anubis guards.

On the 9th I'm getting the top half sleeved bringing the two different designs together then getting the bottom sleeved too. Should look pretty decent when its finished!

What do you all think?
                        Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                        MSN: [email protected]
                        feel free to add me on either

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221 View Post
                          Its been a while since I last posted in this thread, but I've had more added onto my arm.

I now have two Jaffa guards, a Horus and Anubis guards.

On the 9th I'm getting the top half sleeved bringing the two different designs together then getting the bottom sleeved too. Should look pretty decent when its finished!

What do you all think?
                          that's really gorgeous!
                          What are you getting sleeve-wise to tie it all together?
                          can't wait to see pics when it's complete!
                          sigpic

Comment

that's really gorgeous!
                            What are you getting sleeve-wise to tie it all together?
                            can't wait to see pics when it's complete!
                            I'm glad you like

I'm getting more glyphs reaching from the guards up and around the earth symbol/address with shading etc.. to tie them in together. I'm getting the anubis guard symbol on my inner bicep then more glyphs and shading etc.. to sleeve the top.

Then on my forarm I'm getting the rest of the glyphs, and a few of the Goa'uld symbols all interlinked, I might get the background done like brickwork i.e. a pyramid. But thats all gotta be discussed with my tattooist.

When I get the top done I'll take pics and post them, or add me to MSN and I'll send them over that
                            Mrs Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey1221 View Post
                              I'm glad you like

I'm getting more glyphs reaching from the guards up and around the earth symbol/address with shading etc.. to tie them in together. I'm getting the anubis guard symbol on my inner bicep then more glyphs and shading etc.. to sleeve the top.

Then on my forarm I'm getting the rest of the glyphs, and a few of the Goa'uld symbols all interlinked, I might get the background done like brickwork i.e. a pyramid. But thats all gotta be discussed with my tattooist.

When I get the top done I'll take pics and post them, or add me to MSN and I'll send them over that
                              Cool beans!
                              Although the inner bicep makes me cringe; I have a 3/4 sleeve that comes from the wrist to halfway up my bicep (like a farmer's tan, LOL!) and that inner bicep was....just...yeah, ouchies! It's so cool that you're getting all the glyphs
                              I'll wait for pics here, as I don't do MSN...
                              sigpic

Comment

Cool beans!
                                Although the inner bicep makes me cringe; I have a 3/4 sleeve that comes from the wrist to halfway up my bicep (like a farmer's tan, LOL!) and that inner bicep was....just...yeah, ouchies! It's so cool that you're getting all the glyphs
                                I'll wait for pics here, as I don't do MSN...
                                Yeah, the staff weapon was the single most painful thing I've ever experienced so I'm not looking forward to the rest of the pain but I got a high tolerance
                                Mrs Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X