Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the Point of Origin is different for EVERY planet.

Comment

If anyone wants to get a Tattoo I recommend something from the link below

http://www.chevron26.com/mythology/esymbol.html

They not Points of Origin however

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
        If anyone wants to get a Tattoo I recommend something from the link below

http://www.chevron26.com/mythology/esymbol.html

They not Points of Origin however
        Pretty cool! Hmm, I would maybe get Ra's and Anubis' symbol.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          Pretty cool! Hmm, I would maybe get Ra's and Anubis' symbol.
          On your head?

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

sigpic

Comment

On your head?
            LOL! Uh, no. I do have tattoos, but not on me 'ead.

Comment

Your no Stargate Fan

sigpic

Comment

Your no Stargate Fan
                Why, "thank" you. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by AlteranTheAncient View Post
                  i think its cuz its against the religion. your not suppose to 'Defile' or 'Mutilate' your body?
                  The reason is because you are supposed to consider your body a temple, which means not putting anything disrespectful in it or upon it. That includes drugs (not the over the counter ones) and tattoos. A lot of piercings are frowned upon as well.
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                    Leviticus 19:28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Although some crazy stuff is also said alongside it such as:

9. When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest.

10. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

19. Keep my decrees.
                    " Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
                    " Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

27. Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Wonder what the farmers make of 9, 10 & 19.

What everyone makes of 19, which almost all clothing is made up more than 2 materials. While 27 has to do with haircuts & shaving.

Therfore what does it matter since we're all guilty of 19 & 27 anyhow!
                    Not to get into a religious debate. Definitely a no no. But there are two trains of thought with that. Different religions focus on different aspects of that area of the scriptures. Not that people pick and choose what they follow, but that some of it does not really apply. The farmers leaving a portion of their fields untouched, for example, is really about tithing, which is giving 10% of your income to God, which means, leaving food on the ground to help the poor. At the time of the Bible, it was just more practical for farmers to leave part of their crops in the fields for the poor. Each one of those Biblical statements can be seen in the way I just described if you consider the times in which they were written. Also, the Bible has been translated from Ancient Hebrew. There are clear examples where it has been found that certain passages in the scriptures have been translated incorrectly. So, don't assume that everything you have read is written in stone.

I hope that helps.

Comment

I thought that people who get symbols tattooed, should get them on their foreheads too. Funny how no one seems to agree with me. I bet Teal'c would. Anyway, Mama Duck, from the Creation Entertainment Conventions, has a big Ba'al symbol tattooed on her back.

You can find it here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...10101&page=197

It's about 8 posts down.
                      Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 13 May 2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                        Not to get into a religious debate. Definitely a no no. But there are two trains of thought with that. Different religions focus on different aspects of that area of the scriptures. Not that people pick and choose what they follow, but that some of it does not really apply. The farmers leaving a portion of their fields untouched, for example, is really about tithing, which is giving 10% of your income to God, which means, leaving food on the ground to help the poor. At the time of the Bible, it was just more practical for farmers to leave part of their crops in the fields for the poor. Each one of those Biblical statements can be seen in the way I just described if you consider the times in which they were written. Also, the Bible has been translated from Ancient Hebrew. There are clear examples where it has been found that certain passages in the scriptures have been translated incorrectly. So, don't assume that everything you have read is written in stone.

I hope that helps.
                        Not wanting to get into a debate, but If you feel any translations are incorrect, please go ahead & check for youself.

Here are a few others from the exact same book:

Spoiler:
                        "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." (Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him." (Leviticus 20:9)

"If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die." (Leviticus 20:10)

"If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake." (Leviticus 21:9)

"People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God." (Leviticus 21:17-18)

"Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community." (Leviticus 24:14-16)

"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." (Leviticus 20:18)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

"Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." (Leviticus 19:27)

"...do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear material woven of two kinds of material." (Leviticus 19:19)

What about the book of Deuteronomy:

"Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death." (Deuteronomy 13:5)

"If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them." (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

"If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it’s inhabitants… even the animals." (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

"Kill anyone with a different religion." (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

What happens if you get a tattoo with Mum/Dad on it. Is that not honouring thy father or thy mother? Don't possibly see how anyone can follow that one but blindly ignore all the rest.

I have 3 tats, but don't think it'd be a good idea to get one from a fictional show. Although I'm sure a few of the various Gsymbols could be tweaked to look good.

Comment

I would get a PoO, but my grndfather was in the holacaust, and out of respect i have vowed not to mutliate my body
                          like a wookie life debt
                          Originally posted by cowpants
                          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Ooooh Blue Jello to the one who gets a jaffa forehead tattoo
                            "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

Does anyone know the point of origin symbol for Atlantis? (I'm sorry, but I just can't abbreivate it... )

Cheers!
                              Em
                              Emerald
                              ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                              I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by AlteranTheAncient View Post
                                the Point of Origin is different for EVERY planet.
                                but what is it for atlantis?
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X