This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats View Post
    I would, but Christians aren't supposed to get tattoos. Guess I'm stuck with the wash-off ones.

I did, however, put Earth's address on the side pocket of my pants. My mom thought I had gone insane, but, I have to figure that if I am EVER lost in space, I just point out the address and hope I'm not on a Goa'uld occupied world.
    Why not?

Comment

i think its cuz its against the religion. your not suppose to 'Defile' or 'Mutilate' your body?

Comment

Thats so silly being bossed around by a religion. When someone tells you you can't do something to your own body theres something wrong. Whatever though ...I mean if Jesus said so...what are you gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          Thats so silly being bossed around by a religion. When someone tells you you can't do something to your own body theres something wrong. Whatever though ...I mean if Jesus said so...what are you gonna do?
          your gonna say 'so who the heck are you? i do what i want with my own body! besides wasnt it you that said to each his own?' lol not bashing anybody

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats View Post
            I would, but Christians aren't supposed to get tattoos. Guess I'm stuck with the wash-off ones.
            i'm a christian and i've never heard that one before, i think it would depend on what type of
            christian you are. Then again i don't see a tattoo as defilation or mutilation, its more like permanent art,
            but thats just me i guess

i want a tattoo but i have yet to decide what i want, i was thinking a star constellation
            like orions belt
            but the PoO is totally a cool idea
            Last edited by parisindy; 11 May 2007, 09:26 PM.
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

OffT: im christian and i have a tattoo on my chest, my dad is christian and he has 5 tattoo's.

OnT: My tattoo isnt of stargate, im not sure id want one now unless i could specificly mention that i thought stargate died on season 8, and that ben browder is the devil.

Comment

not sure if i qualifies as a stargate tattoo but i have the Eye of Ra on my left shoulder blade!
                sigpic

Comment

Never heard of Christian's not being allowed to get tatoos. I know in the Jewish religion if you have one, you can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery. (I'm remembering a hysterical "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode.)
                  sigpic

Comment

there is a quote in the bible that says that you sould not put any "picures"tatoo's on your body....
                    but it is "connected"to tatoos to honor the death...
                    ( sorry bad for the bad way of putting this, I'm not so good in explaining it in english)
                    Not sure in what part of the bible it was ( OT )
                    I'm a christian and I have a tatoo
                    sigpic

Comment

has anyone got a good pic of the PoO
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                        there is a quote in the bible that says that you sould not put any "picures"tatoo's on your body....
                        ( sorry bad for the bad way of putting this, I'm not so good in explaining it in english)
                        Cat sigs for the win!

Comment

a cookie to the first person to have a REAL jaffa forehead tattoo,

a box of cookies if they go the whole way and fill it with gold
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
                            Leviticus 19:28. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

Although some crazy stuff is also said alongside it such as:

9. When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest.

10. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

19. Keep my decrees.
                            " Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
                            " Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

27. Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

Wonder what the farmers make of 9, 10 & 19.

What everyone makes of 19, which almost all clothing is made up more than 2 materials. While 27 has to do with haircuts & shaving.

Therfore what does it matter since we're all guilty of 19 & 27 anyhow!

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                              a cookie to the first person to have a REAL jaffa forehead tattoo,

a box of cookies if they go the whole way and fill it with gold
                              LOL!, make it two boxes and we have a deal
                              Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

okay stupid question...
                                is the PoO different for atlantis then sg-1 becuase of the distance?
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X