No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah! A bus ride from where I live to Baltimore is 165.00!! Holy hannah! I could fly cheaper! Plus hotel, tickets, food....better win the lottery first!!! This is going downhill fast!!!! Can someone talk to the money fairy for me? Still gonna try to get there tho!!

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
    http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

I think we were gonna drive down, but now I'm nost sure if we're driving or flying. I'm not sure I could survive the drive from Boston stuck in a car with my mom. Then again, I can always watch DVD's.
      *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
      Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Monkey52
        What about the talks?
        The seating is not assigned. There are no "Gold" tickets or "Preferred" seating. You sit where you can, like at a movie theatre.

Originally posted by skydiver
        if you have an issue, take it up with one of the paid staff at the time you have an issue. they can't fix anything 5 months later when 'but in july this happened', but might be able to either resolve or at least know about something at the time.
        There are no paid staff at Shore Leave. It's a fan run convention.

There are, however, "committee members" who are officially in charge of different aspects of the con. You can talk to them if you have an issue.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Hey guys, was just looking over my hotel resevation. I thought I had a single but turns out it's a double. So there are two queen size beds. Plenty of room for another, if anyone wants or needs to share. Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, but I just assumed and you know what they say about a$$ume...
          In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
          so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
          Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
          Hic Comitas Regit
          Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

I want to announce that since there is to be something set up to view
            the premiere at the hotel, I am withdrawing my open invitation to watch it at my home. I made the offer before the con came up with their idea of a screen being placed in the ballroom which will obviously hold more folks than my house will I'll Pm those who have already made plans. Thanks for all of your support and I can't wait to meet all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
              The seating is not assigned. There are no "Gold" tickets or "Preferred" seating. You sit where you can, like at a movie theatre.
              I know, what I meant was, how early do you think people will start getting in line to be let in to find seats?

Originally posted by SG1Poz
              I want to announce that since there is to be something set up to view
              the premiere at the hotel, I am withdrawing my open invitation to watch it at my home. I made the offer before the con came up with their idea of a screen being placed in the ballroom which will obviously hold more folks than my house will I'll Pm those who have already made plans. Thanks for all of your support and I can't wait to meet all of you!
              Don't they need the Sci-Fi channels permission or something to show an episode like that?
              *THUNK*

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."- Adam Savage

Cassidy- "Go ahead, Munch, rain on my parade."
              Munch- "I don't just want to rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Comment

I know, what I meant was, how early do you think people will start getting in line to be let in to find seats?

Don't they need the Sci-Fi channels permission or something to show an episode like that?
                I think that if they charge for it yes, but I don't think they will...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                  Just got an e-mail back from Shore Leave programming. Marilyn said if the show airs by that time they'll see whay they can do. about taping and showing in the main ballroom. Nice big screen they use to run treasers for movies (I hope Bob Greenberger brings them this year!), Mystery trekkie Theatre...They've done it before. Soooo, let's hope it airs then!

Hard to believe SFC isn't a part of basic cable isn't it? It's not here, so I have to wait for the taped eps. Premium channel my foot!

Suse
                  grumbling about cable companies
                  Lol4jack this was the original post.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I can't help you with that. Programming starts at 10am and I'm usually either asleep or eating breakfast at that time since I'm usually not interested in the 10am (or 11am most of the time) programming. Before the first event in the 2 rooms is the only time you'd line up. The doors are open after that and you can come and go at any time.

Every con is different. It depends on the guests, if their show is really hot at the moment, if they're new or returnees to the con, or if they've appeared in an area con before. Among a whole lot of other things. And, I suppose, on the number of fans who feel they have to line up early because they have to be in the closest seat they can get to the stage.

I don't have to be in the first couple of rows to enjoy myself. But you might get depressed if you end up in row 10. It all depends what you want.

You really have to decide this on your own.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Do we know for sure that SG-1 is going premier on the 7th? I thought I remembered it being like the 15th or 16th last year? Hmmm. maybe not, don't remember. I have to admit I didn't think of that until reading it here. (NO SG = my brain shuts down)
                      I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                      Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Hi Folks and Com-traya!
                        I just scrolled through the posts for the past week as I was on vacation. Everyone sounds excited about this con and I'm right there with you!!! Thanks to the con vets who have been sharing info and tips about cons in general and Shore Leave in particular.

Thanks, Lys, for keeping the lists current. Here's an adjustment to the group photo op: SG1Poz will not be in the 3-actor group op. BTW, perhaps you should title this the "Amanda, Carmen, Corin Group Photo Op." So, should we have a "GWers Group Photo Op" list, too?

SG1Poz, Thanks for your generous invite to view the season opener at your home. Now it looks like Shore Leave's Plan B will provide us all the opportunity to see the show at the con site.

I am staying at the Courtyard Marriott. I will have my car which seats 5 so I'll be happy to shuttle folks to and from the con site.

About a way to identify each other among the crowds.....somebody suggested to make a GW badge as used successfully at another con. Works for me. Something we can easily make at home and insert in a blank badge holder or laminate, etc. For example,

Proud Member
                        of
                        GW
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi Nell! Welcome home Have a good trip?

I think just a sticky label with something Gateworld plus our names would suffice.
                          The can be picked up at any office depot type store.

Comment

I got my phot op confirmation today

- Group Photo Op, Amanda, Carmen and Corin
                            - Jamie Bamber

Ok, we need to move time forward...

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

not yet!

i need to book my air fare
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                not yet!

i need to book my air fare
                                OK I'll wait then...

But not to much... I'll give you a month and then we can speed the other two left

PS: I've just realized you are from Kansas, my sister's in laws live in Emporia, I went there twice and it's like... the middle of, well... there is no Starbucks! LOL... it was different... we also went to visit Laura Ingals or is it Ingels... ok, the Little House on the Prarie author's house.

Comment

Working...
                                X