• Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few good vids out there

Nightwish - Nemo
    Lacuna Coil - Heaven's a lie
    Meat Loaf - I'd lie for you
    Bryan Adams - everything I do I do it for you
    Bryan Adams - Diana (it's really very funny)
    Celine Dion - Everything's coming back to me
    Bon Jovi - it's my life

I see the Meat Loaf vids are very cooL!
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more ~ Oscar Wilde

S.o.a.b. sombody'd gotta teach that guy how to die" - O'Neill

"When I'm free you'll be the first I'll feed upon"
    "Okidoki, I'll go make myself a sandwich then." - Wraith and Shepperd

Comment

I have some more Sam and Jack videos in my site ..can't remember when I stopped posting them here ..but the 2 last one are :

Video 56 " the one " backstreet boys
      and video 57 " Show me the meaning of being lonely" Backstreet boys " again.

I have over 60 videos in my Stargate website ..mostly Sam and Jack videos ...but a few character ones too... and a team one too.

Most of the sam and Jack videos are Shippy but ...some are just pure Drama and action ...like "Die another day " Madonna " .... "Who wants to live forever" sarah Brightman " and "I surrender" Celine Dion .

The saddest one I have made is " Remember when it rained " Josh groban and "please remember " leanne Rimes.

The link is in my syg .

Caty

Comment

You know what I really hate? When I download a song. Say for example Eye of the Tiger and come up with a home made video of some ship of sorts. Very annying. They should place that in the title.
        Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more ~ Oscar Wilde

S.o.a.b. sombody'd gotta teach that guy how to die" - O'Neill

"When I'm free you'll be the first I'll feed upon"
        "Okidoki, I'll go make myself a sandwich then." - Wraith and Shepperd

Comment

Just to let you all know that i now have some vids up, which you can check out at:

www.muppet.shortty.co.uk

Only 2 so far, but more to come

Feedback appreciated
          Muppet's SG1 Music Video's

Kawoosh! SG1 Vidmakers Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Syrene
            You know what I really hate? When I download a song. Say for example Eye of the Tiger and come up with a home made video of some ship of sorts. Very annying. They should place that in the title.
            What's really funny is when people go to a fan site with pictures of characters everywhere, the show's title plastered at the top and short blurbs about each one of the videos and how they are just so perfect for that character/episode/ship that it had to be made, click on a link and complain about finding clips attached to the song. What's even funnier is when five people do that, AFTER reading the previous comments that its not what they wanted, and still complain.

Comment

On the way home from the Stargate Convention in Chicago, I had an epiphany of a video to do and I cant get into details just yet, but I hope it will be one that, most if not all of you, can enjoy.
              Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

If the videos are dissimiliar enough, there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't try to finish it.

Comment

Never let repetition stop you.

Comment

you know what i don't really like?

when i make a vid, and alot of other people make a vid with the same song and idea.

not saying that having the same idea as someone else is bad or anything, it's nice to compare.

see, what i mean is a while ago (during the half way mark of season 6) i made my first jonas vid. my mom had made me listen to a bunch of music and a song just jumped right out at me. Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo) by Mandferd Mann. i made the vid, put it up on the web, and for a while after appears a bunch of Jonas vids with the same song. i swear about 4 other people made the same kind of vid with the same song after i did...

but... anyways...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

that idea I can understand but if someone were to want to use a song but have a different theme to it, then I dont see the problem... Hell, I did it to myself with Josh Groban's "To Where You Are"

Comment

Well, when I requested for "Here Without You" video, I already knew there was another stargate video to that song--but it was done to Jack/Sam, so it was entirely different and not what I was searching for. I've seen multiple videos to the same song before--like with "Going Under". There's at least two versions done to Farscape and one is a J/A vid while the other is Chiana. They are completely different and because of that, its actually fun to watch them back to back. If the videos are covering different subject matter, or are taking on a *very* different view on the same character/relationship, then I think its okay to do the same song as long as the video doesn't turn out as some rearranged copy. Eight videos done to the same song is very common in the Buffyverse, but that is much larger fandom and overlap happens all the time but nevertheless, the number of stargate vidders out there is worth taking in consider. Some people think of a song and idea, and don't realize someone else has done something similiar, or don't care. I suppose if you know them, that's real annoying.

That's my two cents. Again.

Comment

i swear that the most over used song for any fandom just has to be Hero by Chad Kroger lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                            i swear that the most over used song for any fandom just has to be Hero by Chad Kroger lol.
                            Too many videos alright. "My Immortal" is probably the most overly used shippy song ever. That and "Bring Me to Life".

Another thought on this multiple song multiple vidder problem. Stargate doesn't have seem to have one giant database (i.e. FF or the buffyverse vid database) to vidders keep track and fans find what they are looking for. I noticed there are at least two floating around, but I don't know how complete either are. There's video elite's resources too but that only lists sites, not videos.

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
                              Too many videos alright. "My Immortal" is probably the most overly used shippy song ever. That and "Bring Me to Life".

Another thought on this multiple song multiple vidder problem. Stargate doesn't have seem to have one giant database (i.e. FF or the buffyverse vid database) to vidders keep track and fans find what they are looking for. I noticed there are at least two floating around, but I don't know how complete either are. There's video elite's resources too but that only lists sites, not videos.
                              i used the Hero song twice. one was a Sam/Jack, Arwen/Aragorn, Pete/Mary-Jane vid, and the other one was a Sam vid. i've used the song Bring Me To Life for an Osiris and Petra vid (Petra from Seven Days. both characters were played by Anna-Louise Plowman), and now someone wants me to make a Sam/Narim vid to the song My Immortal... and Shadow suggested Bring Me To Life for a Steve vid

there's Kawoosh: http://kawoosh.shortty.co.uk and there was http://wdyg.net but that one is gone now. Kawoosh is pretty good. not everything there.

and with the Video Elite many sites that have SG-1 vids also fit under the Multiple Fandom category. mine does. i vid for SG-1, LOTR, Gladiator, and many, many, many other fandoms. so the site is helpful, but not really specific like you said.

if anyone is interested in looking for LOTR vids, head over to Golden Temptations. like is in my signature lol. i started it a while ago. it's a reference page for LOTR vids. not really all that complete. not many people have actually submitted stuff in there. i actually haven't updated it for a while because i've been busy with computer troubles and what not... lol. off topic and pimping of one of my own sites, but hey

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
                                Stargate doesn't have seem to have one giant database (i.e. FF or the buffyverse vid database) to vidders keep track and fans find what they are looking for. I noticed there are at least two floating around, but I don't know how complete either are. There's video elite's resources too but that only lists sites, not videos.
                                The most complete before August of 2003 would have to be Whatever Dials Your Gate. The most complete since then, in my opinion, is definitely Kawoosh! Neither one is totally complete, I'm sure, because the vids won't be there if the editors don't submit them, but between the two, they're definitely the most complete listing out there.
                                ~bri~

Comment

Working...
                                X