No announcement yet.

The Wallpaper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just can't comment.....like....nothing comes to my mind...it looks good....but i'd never use it for my desktop....i need something supper dupper !!!

Comment

Oh, haha, i like only using 'blank' screen, haha..
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Hmm... I didn't even notice this thread was made into a 'big ole thread' full of creations How convienant

Comment

Yeah I like the idea of a big wallpaper thread. Maybe Gateworld should hold a wallpaper competition or something? I've got a question for SNY. I assume you use Photoshop for your wallpapers, and chance you could help me out with a problem I have?

Anyone seen the wallpapers on the scifi site? Pretty good, but the abundance of blue is a bit off putting.
          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
            Anyone seen the wallpapers on the scifi site? Pretty good, but the abundance of blue is a bit off putting.
            Off putting as in 'bad', or 'good'? I think its because they are going for the 'puddle' color look i guess, but there are some that have less blue'ish, and look great

Comment

Off putting in a bad sense, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I agree with you there that they are going for the "puddle" look but variety is the spice of life.

Comment

Theres a variety of blue, haha, but yah, i don't mind it, wallpaper made by fansites are obviously better.
                Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 23 June 2004, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Is this thread going to be ongoing for people to post wallpaper? I'm working on a new one at the moment, but I just bought Season 4 of Futurama so I'll probably be pre-occupied with that.

I think it would be a good idea if it was left sticky so people can browse the wallpapers... What about a wallpaper section on Gateworld?

Comment

Yah, thats a good idea. I am always working on wallpapers, but i am occupied with my S7 Widescreen of Buffy

Comment

This thread is stuck

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
                        I've got a question for SNY. I assume you use Photoshop for your wallpapers, and chance you could help me out with a problem I have?
                        Of course I can! Tell me the problem with photoshop and I will help you.

SNY

Comment

Basically it's to do with blending. The effect I'm after is I want one image to blend into another side by side. Do you know what I mean?

Comment

Kind of like 2 different pictures look almost like their one picture?

Comment

More like one picture trailing off into another, like a gradient except with two images. There was a good example of it on the Get In The Gate competition site with a pick of RDA and TH, exactly what I wanted.

Comment

CAn you give me a link to it? I'm not sure where that is I maybe do, but right now, i am like dead

Comment

Working...
                                X