Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateMedic View Post
    Quick question about the lines....
    How early do people normally start lining up for pre-registration?

Mama has seen them as soon as 3-4 hours in advance at Stargate, 6 hours in advance at Fangoria, and overnight at Supernatural
    and now for something really different...

Comment

Originally posted by Sa'Hut_IH' View Post
      Mama has seen them as soon as 3-4 hours in advance at Stargate, 6 hours in advance at Fangoria, and overnight at Supernatural
      Wow! Guess I need to get down there pretty early this year

Thanks!
      sigpic
      Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

my personal favorite is the person with a very real and legit disability getting preferred first seating...then saving space for her 10 nearest and dearest friends

One thing you'll learn from going to cons...immaturity and poor judgment run rampant, and there are 'fans' that will do anything, act any way and generally have no motivation but to get all they can, as often as they can, and don't care who they step on in the first place.

So, when security or organizers have some rules and limits....it's not 'you' the average con goer they're striking out against...it's these selfish few that walk into the con with the attitude that they are owed any and everything they want and that the con organizers are supposed to cater to their every whim
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sadly, the world is full of people who seem to think that, not only does the world revolve around them, but also that the sun shines out of their backside.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Why would you wait so long in advance? I don't get it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              I dunno, to be honest it all kinda escapes me

Comment

Same here! Maybe an hour, but not 3 or 4!
                sigpic
                Awesome sigs by scifan, Cazz, Luciana, elephantgirl, and GateMedic. Thanks guys!

My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GateMedic View Post
                  Same here! Maybe an hour, but not 3 or 4!
                  I suppose it's a bragging rights thing - "Oh I was first in the queue!"
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So you can get the super special seats super close to the special boyz. Duh. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42 View Post
                      So you can get the super special seats super close to the special boyz. Duh. LOL
                      Except that, if it's Creation, you already know your seat number.
                      Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I queue early to make sure I get my auto/photo tokens....that way I know I won't miss out on the opportunity to meet the guests...that and so I can get in quickly and get out quickly. I don't mess around when getting tokens and what not. I know what I need to get and get it and get out of the way to keep the queues moving. Then I go line up for the Q&A sessions way early so I know I will get a seat...coz they aren't guaranteed...it's all part of the plan!
                        In general, I tend to get to events about and hour or so early. It's also nice to know that should you miss the train or get stuck in traffic, you've allowed for more than enough time to get there!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh, right, for cons where you get your seat at registration, I can understand. I've only been to a con (and will go to one ) where your seat is assigned.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                            Except that, if it's Creation, you already know your seat number.
                            Well, this would be for the breakfast where there aren't the assigned seats. And for the SPN cons, the boys don't go around to each table, they just stand up front and talk. And ya know, if you're not at that front table, then you'll just miss everything!

Comment

I think it's a good idea to always thank the organisers once you get home, ideally on their own forum (people appreciate public votes of confidence) but by e-mail is good too.

Also, if you have any 'constructive criticism' try and find more complimentary things to say than you have nitpicks. That's for several reasons.

Madeleine

Comment

Mama gets slagged by fans (emails sent to Creation) all the time!

I was a VIP and 'insert name here' was playing guitar in the hallway... for EVERYONE, now Im not gonna go for my meet and greet, cause its not special, then Im gonna email and complain about everything Mama did, and wore for the event and threaten never to attend another con she is working

ooooor...

The actors hug Mama, and I dont like the level of friendly relationship she has with them, so Im gonna whine that its inappropriate

yeah, don't think thats a joke, it isn't

Comment

Working...
                                X