Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Oh, I dunno, might be fun...

To quote Doctor Who "Partners in Crime" - You be health, I'll be safety...
    ......you have no idea do you???...hehehehehe!!!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*Volunteers to do the strip searching*
      i say we get mike rowe from dirty jobs and let him do it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
        I'm nervous to ask... but why are there miaows?

To quote dear Daniel "I have NO idea"..........however it seemed to be Jason Mamoa related!....

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
          *is glad her poor little basic "Pay As You Go" phone from the UK didn't work AT ALL in Canada this April*....
          *completely sympathizing with you*
          Omg, I thought I was the only one... which is funny, because like I've said before, that thing is usually attached to my hip, but it just showed how much I didn't need it...
          The only time that I found that cell phones came in handy there, was when I had AG phone one of the girls to let her know that I was tagging along with them... and not missing completely... but that was after the events for the day were done...

Originally posted by BlueJello View Post
          So, since you brought it up -- did you speak to these "Drama Queens" to let them know that they were annoying?
          Ah, our not-so-beloved Drama Queens.... *resisting the urge to bring up any stories.... *

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          Actually, yes, I did talk to them. I took both of them aside in an area where there would be no one to see me talking to them, so they wouldn't feel chastised. As a therapist, I have been trained to be tactful. I know how to tell someone they are doing something inappropriate. Unfortunately, for all of us at the con, the "Drama Queens" only paid attention to me for a few hours, then completely forgot what they had heard and were at it again. I don't think they were trying to be irritating to others, but that was the effect. The point, however, is that some people will listen, not realizing they are bothering someone, and other people won't pay any attention. At least I tried.
          I have the utmost respect for you for even attempting that!
          I found it easier to sit back and *shamefully looking around like a naughty minded person* just think, "WTF are they doing now..."
          Sinfully I'm still laughing in disbelief at some of their antics...

Seriously, I have to say I'm with your opinion, they really didn't know that they were doing anything completely wrong, their minds just worked differently than ours did...

*I would like to humbly apologize if I've really offended anyone by saying these things, but I feel that they do need to be said....
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

If I'm at a convention and I'm annoying someone...I would rather they said something...tactfully though...rather then have them berate me and scowl down at me...sometimes it's not always so obvious that one is being annoying...sometimes it's not intentional and misunderstood...it's better to use tact and smile when trying to get a positive result...did that make sense???
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
              No promises you won't get strip searched at the door, though.

And where do we sign up for that???

Comment

Originally posted by shoarn View Post
                And where do we sign up for that???
                *Jerks thumb over shoulder* Back of the line you!
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

*Jerks thumb over shoulder* Back of the line you!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Vspun View Post
                    How good is the security of the hotel room?

I would hate to have to leave a cel phone (or any other thing like a camera, laptop) in a hotel room that wasn't guaranteed secured. I've heard of hotel employees ignoring the "do not distrurb" signs and going in and cleaning up anyway. Last thing I would want to replace is a cel phone. Especially when driving more than 6 hours from home, which is something I plan on doing next April.

Granted mine is basic, but I also have voice mail for the reason of there are times it should be turned off, i.e movie theater, banking, doctor's office.

There are always people who think they are exceptions.
                    I've left a laptop etc in the hotel room at conventions before and thought nothing of it... you assume your hotel room should be reasonably secure. Having said that, I've recently (not at a convention) had my hotel room burgled and my phone, Archos, cash etc taken (entirely through the hotel's fault, as it happens, as it turned out the guests from the previous night had left and taken the key with them and the hotel hadn't realised this might be a problem and had put us in that room knowing that someone out there had a key to it!!) and I admit I would be less comfortable doing so now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Well, in the past, I've left my replica weapons in my hotel room - not out on display I hasten to add, but tucked away in a bag - and not had any problems.

Within the last year or so, the two cons I went to in Glasgow (plus a night out with the gang to see a band a couple of months ago) I've left my laptop in my room and thought nothing of it.

Basically, you pays your money and you takes your chances...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        I've left a laptop etc in the hotel room at conventions before and thought nothing of it... you assume your hotel room should be reasonably secure. Having said that, I've recently (not at a convention) had my hotel room burgled and my phone, Archos, cash etc taken (entirely through the hotel's fault, as it happens, as it turned out the guests from the previous night had left and taken the key with them and the hotel hadn't realised this might be a problem and had put us in that room knowing that someone out there had a key to it!!) and I admit I would be less comfortable doing so now.
                        That situation is why most hotels have gone to the key card rather than actual keys. People can duplicate or keep keys and they can't rekey after every visitor. However with a key card all they need to do is to reset the card so that the last card no longer works.
                        Of course this system has its drawbacks too. Sometimes the card doesn't work and you need to go to Registration and have them rekey. That's fine if it's just you -- but I've had the irritation of one roommate needing a rekey and causing the other roommate's card to become useless.
                        Still, I think this system is much safer.

Comment

i would always tuck away your belongings. Don't leave the 500 dollar camera just sitting on the bed, tuck it in a drawer, out of sight.

no guarantees of course, but if it's out of sight then your average house keeper won't mess with it. and if someone is determined to break in, they will
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Try and make your baggage look like you don't have anything worth stealing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Well, in the past, I've left my replica weapons in my hotel room - not out on display I hasten to add, but tucked away in a bag - and not had any problems.

Within the last year or so, the two cons I went to in Glasgow (plus a night out with the gang to see a band a couple of months ago) I've left my laptop in my room and thought nothing of it.

Basically, you pays your money and you takes your chances...
                              About '84/85 Central Hotel Glasgow, Albacon. I was sharing a Twin with best friend Gytha and about 8 Vikings/42nd Squadron soldiers. It was a huge room.
                              We came back from breakfast to not only find that the room service lady had rolled up all the extra sleeping bags, tucked the whiskey bottles into the wardrobe but had also hung all our swords, axes, blasters and shields from the wall light fittings. It looked like a baronial hall.
                              Ah, those were the days...

FF feeling old...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                I must admit that if I'm not in the room, I lock up any valuables (camera, toys, and now laptop) in my luggage. And fortunately, or not, my luggage sorta looks like crap and is HIGHLY identifiable with a huge neon green X across it. Hey, I wanted to be able to spot it and it's not like I'm checking into the Ritz

Comment

Working...
                                X