Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a friend & i are going for the whole weekend.. can't wait!
    For SciFi news, reviews, and discussion check out:www.scifichick.com

Comment

This will be my first Stargate Con, though I have previously attended several Star Trek Conventions, and a few Dragon*Cons from year to year.

My wife and I will both be attending wearing our Stargate BDUs!
      "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
      - Master Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
        well, the restaurant I'm thinking of is literally just a mile down the road. I'll have a car and can take 3 extra people. I'm hoping there will be some others with cars. If not, I guess we can call for cabs maybe....

Kerri
        My car and I will be there, so as long as dinner doesn't conflict with the cabaret on Fri. night, I'll be happy to drive!

Comment

I got my ticket today!! Seat B26. Woo-hoo!! It's almost here!! I'm getting really excited now. 11 DAYS!!!!

OK. I just called the restaurant, I was thinking of going to (The Ram: http://www.theram.com/home.asp) and they suggested making reservations a week in advance. So, that would be this Friday. If you want to go or just think you want to go, please post here so I can start getting a headcount. Be sure to let others know that don't come on here so we can make sure we include everyone. If anyone has any objections to the restaurant, too bad. J/K. But it's a nice place. Not NICE nice, but pleasant, fun, enjoyable, etc. So, yeah. Lemme know if you're gonna come.

Kerri

Comment

Hello, I would love to go! I will be there for everything I can and a friend of mine is flying up from Florida to join me for some things, she is just not really as into the con as much as me but she would love to come to dinner, so that would be 2 of us as we are leaving the husbands at home! We will not be renting a car either as far as I know. We had just planned on taking the hotel shuttle to ohare and catching a train when we needed to.

But, for those of you who drink, I only do so very rarely so I would be more than happy to be a designated driver if anyone needs one. Friend drinks which is probably why everyone likes her more than me!

For any of you who may have stayed at this hotel last year, do you know if it has internet access in the rooms. I would assume that it does but you never know and I still have not gotten around to looking the number up and calling.

I will already be there by the time registration starts on Friday so maybe we can designate a place to meet during registration to finalize plans / sort car pools, etc.??

Another silly question, what does one wear to the dessert party. Formal, semi-formal, business, busines- casual, casual, golf-casual, you get my meaning. Absolutely do not like dressing up but if I would stand out in jeans, I am sure I could at least manage a suit or something.

I did not get my tickets today though so I have no idea where i am. I wil be stalking the mailman tomorrow though now that I know at least one person has received theirs.

Yippiee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Army-Wife
              Hello, I would love to go! I will be there for everything I can and a friend of mine is flying up from Florida to join me for some things, she is just not really as into the con as much as me but she would love to come to dinner, so that would be 2 of us as we are leaving the husbands at home! We will not be renting a car either as far as I know. We had just planned on taking the hotel shuttle to ohare and catching a train when we needed to.

But, for those of you who drink, I only do so very rarely so I would be more than happy to be a designated driver if anyone needs one. Friend drinks which is probably why everyone likes her more than me!

For any of you who may have stayed at this hotel last year, do you know if it has internet access in the rooms. I would assume that it does but you never know and I still have not gotten around to looking the number up and calling.

I will already be there by the time registration starts on Friday so maybe we can designate a place to meet during registration to finalize plans / sort car pools, etc.??

Another silly question, what does one wear to the dessert party. Formal, semi-formal, business, busines- casual, casual, golf-casual, you get my meaning. Absolutely do not like dressing up but if I would stand out in jeans, I am sure I could at least manage a suit or something.

I did not get my tickets today though so I have no idea where i am. I wil be stalking the mailman tomorrow though now that I know at least one person has received theirs.

Yippiee!!!
              Let's see:
              1) Designated driver!! Woo-hoo!!

2) I believe the hotel does have internet hook-up. Pretty sure it's not free, though. I stayed at another Wyndham earlier this year and there were hook-ups in the room. I was going to call and ask about some other things so I can find out for sure.

3) I'll be checking in Thursday evening, so I'll be there early, too. The show hours are until 6:00 on Friday. So, if we have a reservation for 7:30, that should give people enough time to change/freshen up and then we could just meet in the lobby at 7:00 ish to finalize all that stuff. It should literally take less than 5 minutes to get there, so no rush.

4) I've not been to the dessert party either, but I'm planning on doing "nice" jeans. But that's me. I just can't slum it when I'm in public. Not that anyone here is a slum or anything, but, you know what I mean. So, I'm sure whatever you want to wear will be fine. I doubt it's black tie or anything like that.

Kerri

Comment

Getting so pumped for the gig. Would love to graze with you guys (I'm orginally from WI and do reference bovines frequently )

Sorry if I'm preaching to choir here. Desert party - you'll see everymanner of dress there. After the Vancouver desert party things have changed for the better. The 'guests' will generally be in whatever they were wearing that day. The fans will wear anything - I've seen evening wear to shorts and t-shirts. The 'guests' will now come into the room and stand for a few moments so that everyone can get their pics of them. Then they 'rove' the room and go to each table. Should be pretty cool.
                sigpic
                Vancouver 2010
                Chicago 2010
                Chicago 2011
                Jack's CSM

Comment

Thank you, and thank you and thank you!!! Still learning my way around and will figure out the quote thing one of these days. I will be there Wed morning so if there is internet access I guess I could pm my room number or something or my cell phone number to anyone who need it and say something like, I saw a rather nice potted palm in the lobby, why don't we meet there at 7 before going to dinner??

I have never been good at the "rules", I must have missed that gene, I do the wrong thing here on post constantly but people here know me and tolerate me and I bake for them so they do not say anything but I am not good with situations off post.

Jeans rock, I will leave the ones with the holes in the knees for later though j/k. I wear suits to work everyday and formals to the 1/2 dozen or so balls every year so I relish any chance I can get to just be relaxed and casual.

When I bought my ticket, it seemed like it was 10 years away and now, I cannot believe it is next week! I probably should really get on scheduling the shuttle from home to the airport!

Comment

Originally posted by Army-Wife
                    Thank you, and thank you and thank you!!! Still learning my way around and will figure out the quote thing one of these days. I will be there Wed morning so if there is internet access I guess I could pm my room number or something or my cell phone number to anyone who need it and say something like, I saw a rather nice potted palm in the lobby, why don't we meet there at 7 before going to dinner??

I have never been good at the "rules", I must have missed that gene, I do the wrong thing here on post constantly but people here know me and tolerate me and I bake for them so they do not say anything but I am not good with situations off post.

Jeans rock, I will leave the ones with the holes in the knees for later though j/k. I wear suits to work everyday and formals to the 1/2 dozen or so balls every year so I relish any chance I can get to just be relaxed and casual.

When I bought my ticket, it seemed like it was 10 years away and now, I cannot believe it is next week! I probably should really get on scheduling the shuttle from home to the airport!

Well Army wife you and I have something in common. Not the rules thing, but the army thing. I too am an Army wife, I am sure we can discuss that later at the dinner. Kerri count me in (as if you hadn't already) I'll be there sometime Thursday after Kerri fetches me from the airport. I am sitting in E5 so hopefully someday will be sitting somewhat close.

As far as the dessert party goes, I'm bringing a nice pair of a jeans and a fun top. that's pretty much what I wore last time and it probably will work just fine this time around.

Can't wait to see you all there, I can't wait for next week!!!!!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                    Photobucket

Comment

You can count me and Kris in for friday night - We're always up for a good meal with friends!

As for the dessert party, I've done both extremes - dressed up wore a skirt & nice dressy top once just because I felt like it, wore some khakis (sp?) and a nice shirt last time. In Burbank we saw it all - completely dressed up to absolutely dressed down!

And I'm sad now - you guys are getting your ticket and get to fondle, love and cuddle them before the con. We don't get ours until we get there. NOT FAIR! And we don't get to know our seats for another couple of days, since the Creation Entertainment crew is still not all back from this past weekend's Las Vegas show. Guess we'll just have to be surprised, huh?

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                        I got my ticket today!! Seat B26. Woo-hoo!! It's almost here!! I'm getting really excited now. 11 DAYS!!!!

OK. I just called the restaurant, I was thinking of going to (The Ram: http://www.theram.com/home.asp) and they suggested making reservations a week in advance. So, that would be this Friday. If you want to go or just think you want to go, please post here so I can start getting a headcount. Be sure to let others know that don't come on here so we can make sure we include everyone. If anyone has any objections to the restaurant, too bad. J/K. But it's a nice place. Not NICE nice, but pleasant, fun, enjoyable, etc. So, yeah. Lemme know if you're gonna come.

Kerri

Hey there,

Just found out about this get together and would like to be included. So make it two more - for me and my son. I have a car so I can take some people, and I don't drink, so you've got another designated driver.

So, what time is this dinner?

SueS
                        Last edited by SueS; 15 August 2005, 08:21 PM.

Comment

A few quick comments:

1) If you have cell phones you could find each other that way once you arrive. PM each other your numbers beforehand.

2) The Wyndam has a courtesy shuttle which will take you anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel for free. If there's too many people for cars, you might all want to take the shuttle together so you get there and back at the same time and there's no waiting around. hmmm... unless some of you need to get back for an event that night... then maybe it'd be good to have at least one car just in case the shuttle runs late. The shuttle will also pick you up and drop you off at the airport for free.

3) Don't know if the Internet access is free but I'm pretty sure it is if you become a "Wyndam by Request" member. It's free to do so and you get all kinds of perks like free phone calls to and from your room to anywhere in the US. -Yeah, long distance too. Free! Go to their website and check it out (don't have the url handy).

Ummm... I think that's all I was going to say I'll be there but I won't be able to attend dinner. Have fun everyone!

FYI: The Vancouver Convention GateWorld Badge is here!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadette
                            A few quick comments:

1) If you have cell phones you could find each other that way once you arrive. PM each other your numbers beforehand.

2) The Wyndam has a courtesy shuttle which will take you anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel for free. If there's too many people for cars, you might all want to take the shuttle together so you get there and back at the same time and there's no waiting around. hmmm... unless some of you need to get back for an event that night... then maybe it'd be good to have at least one car just in case the shuttle runs late. The shuttle will also pick you up and drop you off at the airport for free.

3) Don't know if the Internet access is free but I'm pretty sure it is if you become a "Wyndam by Request" member. It's free to do so and you get all kinds of perks like free phone calls to and from your room to anywhere in the US. -Yeah, long distance too. Free! Go to their website and check it out (don't have the url handy).

Ummm... I think that's all I was going to say I'll be there but I won't be able to attend dinner. Have fun everyone!
                            2) Good to know. That might come in handy. Perhaps I shall ask upon check-in Thursday night and see what they say.

3) Most excellent!! Just went and signed up myself. That will come in very handy!

Thanks for the info!!
                            Kerri

Comment

I just talked to the hotel about the shuttle thing. What we need to do is talk to one of the driver's and let them know what time to be picked up and then returned. I will take care of that when I check in Thursday evening. I'm thinking right now, to make a 7:30 reservation so we can meet around 7:00 in the lobby somewhere and depart 7:20-7:25ish. So, yay!! Anyone that wants to drink can then.

I'll post definite times and stuff after I make the reservation on Friday. So, please pass this info along so no one is left out.

Thanks!
                              Kerri

Comment

I still do not have my ticket AAAGGGHHH!!! My poor mail man, I had him go through his stack of mail to make sure noone else had it in their mail pile. I am sure he will probably run and hide from me tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and information, it is really appreciated and I cannot wait to meet all of you. Switch42, I will pm you my cell phone number once I get there and make sure it works. I am sure it does but since I very rarely get signal on base here, I do not take even 2 bars for granted!

Wow, if we do the shuttle thing, maybe I will go all out and have a glass of wine or something with dinner. On second thought, I probably should not when I am meeting everyone for the first time since I very rarely drink, who knows what would happen!

Has anyone else received their tickets today or am I the only one still waiting??

Comment

Working...
                                X