This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creation Chicago Con Aug 26-28 05

I have a gold pass, is anyone else here going? Just wondering as other Cons seem to have threads but not this one and it is only 2 weeks away.

For any of you out there who happen to read this and have been to other Cons in US cities, I was just curious as to about how many people go.

Thanks!

Went to the Chicago one last year and it was standing room only! Had a good showing for the 1st one in that area. Also going to be at only Sunday for this one. They are fun. I know of at least 3-4 other folks and I'm sure it'll be packed full this time too.
    sigpic
    Vancouver 2010
    Chicago 2010
    Chicago 2011
    Jack's CSM

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I have gone to Trek conventions many years ago but this is my first SG1 Con and I was just wondering. I am pretty new here but if anyone is planning a get together, I would love to come and I will be there Wed through Tues.

Comment

I'm going to the Chicago con! *waves hand* I also know of one other person who posts on here that will be attending, we are rooming together. So if you want to get together while we are there, I know we'll be having dinner with some other people. The more, the crazier I say. This will be my second con, my first con was in Vancouver in April and I had a total blast! Am definitely looking forward to more fun and games this time around!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket

Comment

Will be attending the Chicago Con as well! I should be there all three days, but live close by so I'll be running home and back a bit. Can't wait though!

Comment

Just bought the tix for this con!!!! I'm sooo excited! My sister (Kriselassar in the GW forum) and I decided to just go for it.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the folks at Capital One Visa, whom we will be paying for forever and ever after this.

Is it November now? How 'bout NOW?! NOW?!!!?!? I want it NOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle
              Just bought the tix for this con!!!! I'm sooo excited! My sister (Kriselassar in the GW forum) and I decided to just go for it.

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the folks at Capital One Visa, whom we will be paying for forever and ever after this.
              Hey doesn't this make your third Con this year!?!

Have fun !
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                Hey doesn't this make your third Con this year!?!

Have fun !
                *bats eyes at tsaxlady*

Who, us????? We just HATE going to cons anyway. Nothing fun ever goes on, no one worth seeing, you know how it is.....

Chelle <--- still in shock over the whole last-minuteness of it

Comment

*bats eyes at tsaxlady*

Who, us????? We just HATE going to cons anyway. Nothing fun ever goes on, no one worth seeing, you know how it is.....

Chelle <--- still in shock over the whole last-minuteness of it
                  Lets see - Vancouver, Burbank, San Diego all in 2005 - yes I know how it is and your so right nothing fun ever goes on at cons especially at the dessert parties and breakfast.

Have fun and make sure you report on what a Chicago Con is like.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                    I'm going to the Chicago con! *waves hand* I also know of one other person who posts on here that will be attending, we are rooming together. So if you want to get together while we are there, I know we'll be having dinner with some other people. The more, the crazier I say. This will be my second con, my first con was in Vancouver in April and I had a total blast! Am definitely looking forward to more fun and games this time around!
                    That would be me!! I'm going, too. And apparently, I have taken on the role of organizing dinner. It looks like Friday night is going to be the night for that. So, stay tuned here and I'll let y'all know the details when I have them. We may have to do a headcount if reservations are required, so if you know anyone else that might want to come, but doesn't come here, please keep them in mind. Anyway, more details will be forthcoming.

Kerri

Comment

Dear Switch42,

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of rounding us all up for a gathering. Getting psyched and will keep checking for details.

Really enjoy getting together with fellow 'Gaters'. Nice to put names with the handles we see here. Will be good to see erin and chelle again and meet the rest of you.

Thanks again Switch. Let me know what your favorite libation is when we gather.
                      sigpic
                      Vancouver 2010
                      Chicago 2010
                      Chicago 2011
                      Jack's CSM

Comment

Originally posted by JacksCSM
                        Dear Switch42,

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of rounding us all up for a gathering. Getting psyched and will keep checking for details.

Really enjoy getting together with fellow 'Gaters'. Nice to put names with the handles we see here. Will be good to see erin and chelle again and meet the rest of you.

Thanks again Switch. Let me know what your favorite libation is when we gather.
                        Oh, it's my pleasure! Glad to do anything to help. The libation will most likely have to wait until we return to the hotel bar as I'm pretty sure I'll be driving. But I will definitely take you up on he offer. What kind of Hussy would I be if I turned down free booze?

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
                          Oh, it's my pleasure! Glad to do anything to help. The libation will most likely have to wait until we return to the hotel bar as I'm pretty sure I'll be driving. But I will definitely take you up on he offer. What kind of Hussy would I be if I turned down free booze?
                          Free booze? *looks around excitedly* Where????

My favorite libation is rum....and, um....rum....and definitely not that thing that Rainbow was drinking at the GW dinner in Vancouver. He talked me into tasting it....blegh! Nasty stuff...I'll stick to my rum thank you very much...

Can't wait to see you again JacksCSM, dinner will be a blast and cannot wait for next week....

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                            Free booze? *looks around excitedly* Where????

My favorite libation is rum....and, um....rum....and definitely not that thing that Rainbow was drinking at the GW dinner in Vancouver. He talked me into tasting it....blegh! Nasty stuff...I'll stick to my rum thank you very much...

Can't wait to see you again JacksCSM, dinner will be a blast and cannot wait for next week....
                            LMAO so that's why I saw you making that face when you were sipping that drink! I didn't even remember about that 'til just now when you mentioned it. that dinner was SO cool!

Question - How far are we going for this dinner, and how are we all getting there? I know me and the sis aren't renting a car while we're there....... *holds out thumb* anyone have two extra seats?

Can you guys believe there's only 11 days 'til we do it again?!?!?!!!

Comment

LMAO so that's why I saw you making that face when you were sipping that drink! I didn't even remember about that 'til just now when you mentioned it. that dinner was SO cool!

Question - How far are we going for this dinner, and how are we all getting there? I know me and the sis aren't renting a car while we're there....... *holds out thumb* anyone have two extra seats?

Can you guys believe there's only 11 days 'til we do it again?!?!?!!!
                              well, the restaurant I'm thinking of is literally just a mile down the road. I'll have a car and can take 3 extra people. I'm hoping there will be some others with cars. If not, I guess we can call for cabs maybe....

Kerri

Comment

Working...
                              X