Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    VCR...???

Hopefully that was a mental pause and you meant DVD player.
    No, she meant VCR. Mine will be set too. Luddites of the world unite.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the only way i'd see her canceling is if scifi said 'you gotta be there'

Heck, actors have missed the oscars due to other commitments
    Can't see Scifi (oops Syfy ) saying that. They probably don't know what a Gemini is all about.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      Sorry that you have been sick ... (((EH-T)))

I didn't know the Geminis were such a big deal as you described here. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind that she would cancel AT4 for this. But I don't think she would ... I mean .. we are pretty special But, even happier now for all the noms Sanctuary received!
      Thanks for the hugs.

I don't mean to cause concern. I'm not saying she would cancel, just that I would understand if she did.

Comment

VCR...???

You forget we're talking about Mandy........

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Yes!! Then you can pop it into your pc and upload it for those of us that otherwise woodn't get to see it

*I'm not begging, really I'm not.......... but I will if it helps *
        LOL Suse and I were already pestering her on IM last night. She'll tape it and then I convince her to record it using her camera and send the file to me so I can upload so we can see it.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        No, she meant VCR. Mine will be set too. Luddites of the world unite.
        Yes, Eh-T knows Mandy But you do realize we're slowly bringing Mandy into the modern era .
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          You forget we're talking about Mandy........

LOL Suse and I were already pestering her on IM last night. She'll tape it and then I convince her to record it using her camera and send the file to me so I can upload so we can see it.
          Oh cool! I'd love to see it

Yes, Eh-T knows Mandy But you do realize we're slowly bringing Mandy into the modern era .
          Kicking and screaming?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Yep, those they televise
            VCR...???

I think you meant DVD recorder.

Nobody has a tv card in their computer? Luddites. Geesh.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Comment

Ahem

it's a VCR *hugs my vcr, which will record the gemini's*

at least EH-T understands me

*If people aren't nice to us luddites...the tape may disappear*
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Yes!! Then you can pop it into your pc and upload it for those of us that otherwise woodn't get to see it

*I'm not begging, really I'm not.......... but I will if it helps *
                  No matter how I try, the tape wont fit into the computer slots
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    Fire up that VCR Mandy
                    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    I think you meant DVD recorder.

Well of course it has to be a combo DVD player/recorder! They do sell those you know.

If we want to get technical, I might ask if you have a PC Tuner which would make it easy peasy to save and upload for everyone who might not be able to watch live later. Gotta love the gadgets!

Comment

Well of course it has to be a combo DVD player/recorder! They do sell those you know.

If we want to get technical, I might ask if you have a PC Tuner which would make it easy peasy to save and upload for everyone who might not be able to watch live later. Gotta love the gadgets!
                      EH-T...Helllllp!

*Ooops maybe I'm calling the wrong person*
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

According to this article re the Geminis

"The silhouette statues, awarded in 99 categories, will be awarded over three nights in two cities: A pair of industry nights in Toronto Oct. 19 and 20 will be followed Nov. 14 with a gala presentation for major awards in Calgary, to be broadcast on Global and Showcase."

I'm assuming Amanda's nomination for lead actress is a major award? Hopefully something to celebrate at AT4???
                        her role will be a 'major role' award

now the sfx one might be given out in toronto, but actor/director etc ones are the glamorous televised ones
                        I'm more than happy to know that it's-- like you said a 'major role' award, and more than glad it'll be on TV, but now I'm kinda wishing that she could get in Oct so she could get it in person, assuming she wins. I just hope she'll find a way to make it work, and I'm sure her Gabit friends will help her figure something out.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        OK...if the Geminis are in October then she will be here in Oz when that happens...or is her part the one in November??? I'm confused with how they do the Geminis.
                        Either way I hope we can celebrate...I'd love to see her pick up a Gemini for Sanctuary...more validation....YAY!!!!
                        Oh bugger...I'll be on the plane when the October winners are announced...bugger!!

Ok...bad thought entered my sad little mind...Amanda wouldn't cancel AT4 to be at the Geminis would she??? We could throw a better reception/party for her than the Gemini folks and she can pick up her award later...and we can give her something to substitute it...yes...we can do this...ok...going to bed...frazzled head is what I got!
                        I highly doubt she'd cancel it altogether, but maybe postpone it a little while, if it came down to that. I know there's talk about what she should do, and I won't hide that I'd still very much like for her to go and accept it in person somehow, but on the upside I suppose, if she choose to go to AT4, I can imagine you all there with her watching the show on TV and if she did win you'd all most likely throw her a huge congrats party . I would love to be there with you all if she won, it'd be perfect for her to celebrate her first Gemini with 250 of her fans. That's one good way of looking at it I guess.

amanda's part of the awards will be nov 14

if it's laid out like the oscars, about 80 of the 99 awards will be given out in october, and they'll be the costume design, cgi, special effects, etc awards. all the behind the scenes stuff

then on nov 14 will be the glitzy and glamour awards, best actor, best show, etc

most of sancutary's noms are in the nov 14 categories.

and i don't see her cancelling at4 for the sake of an awards show. there's too much money etc involved
                        Like Chelle, I don't know much about the Geminis, and I definitely didn't know that much of the awards are given out before the actual show, but I've always known that they're the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys. To be honest, I don't know much about most award shows, the only time I got hyped up about it is when someone I like (and in this case love ) gets a nom, and this is one of those times. But like I said to Chelle, I don't see Amanda cancelling it either, but postponing it, I'm not saying it will happen, but it could.

The Geminis are the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys so this is a very big deal (at least to us ). I have often lamented the fact that Stargate did not get the recognition it deserved from the Canadian TV industry so it is wonderful to see Sanctuary getting that recognition.
                        Amanda being nominated for any award is a very big deal (at least to me ). While I wish Stargate could have gotten more from the Geminis, I'm glad it got the wins and noms it did.

Sky is right that it will be the technical awards that will be presented in Toronto and the "major" awards will be televised. That will definitely include lead actress. What unfortunate timing that it is the same weekend as AT4. I repeat, this is a very big deal in our industry and it is wonderful that AT's talent has been recognised by her peers. Very unfortunate that she would miss this and I wouldn't blame her if she rescheduled AT4. Even if she didn't win, just to be there while your name was read out as one of the nominees would be special. On the other hand, people do sometimes accept via satellite. How cool would it be to have her accepting the award from AT4? Although probably not as special for her as actually being there.
                        If the award show were like on Nov 12 or 13, than she could do both, but I don't know what will happen now with this timing. I agree, the Geminis are a very big deal, this is a big award, and it'd be a crime if she didn't win, again , I'm so happy and proud that she's gotten a nom after 1 season of Sanctuary, and it took her 4 years to get a nom for SG-1 , and yeah, even if she doesn't win, or go the ceremony, it's a big honor for her to get a nom so fast for Sanctuary . I'm sure her true fans wouldn't blame her for rescheduling either, and I hope they'd understand, sure it'd be a little bit of a setback, but again, Amanda's true fans wouldn't blame her and they'd understand.

I like already said to Chelle, if she went to AT4 and won, it'd be amazing for her to celebrate her win with her fans, I'd imagine the party would awesome, and things may get a little crazy with all the cocktails around . I know it wouldn't be as special as being at the ceremony, but it'd be special for her fans to celebrate her huge achievement with Amanda. What do you think?

Sorry that you have been sick ... (((EH-T)))

I didn't know the Geminis were such a big deal as you described here. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind that she would cancel AT4 for this. But I don't think she would ... I mean .. we are pretty special But, even happier now for all the noms Sanctuary received!
                        Knowing Amanda, she'd most likely choose her fans over an award show, she's made it clear she does what she does for us, and not the money or awards.

I can think of no network that would tell an actor the have to go the an award show or else, but I can think of lots of actors who have missed award shows for, like you said, other commitments, or some don't go because they don't want to go, like Marlon Brando.

As for the rescheduling talk, I've read on Samanda that AT1 was postponed twice, but that was for a real reason, Amanda was pregnant.

Ahem

I'll have you know Mandy, I have 2 VCR's in my house, and I'll also be recording the Gemini's on one of them, and who knows, what I'd do with the tape... *maybe I'll share it with y'all*

Anyway, rather or not Amanda goes *prays she will* I'll still record it, because they'll still be mention of her either, and that's something I really want on tape.

Comment

watching it would be tough

first, canadian tv doesn't air in the uk
                          second, lessee, vancouver is about 9 hours behind london, so when the awards are handed out what i'm guessing to be evening on the 14th, it'll be early am on the 15th in London

so the answer would be known sunday morning, probably if someone in canada e-mails it to someone in London, London will know it Sun am
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No matter how I try, the tape wont fit into the computer slots
                            Obviously you're just not trying hard enough.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

watching it would be tough

first, canadian tv doesn't air in the uk
                              second, lessee, vancouver is about 9 hours behind london, so when the awards are handed out what i'm guessing to be evening on the 14th, it'll be early am on the 15th in London

so the answer would be known sunday morning, probably if someone in canada e-mails it to someone in London, London will know it Sun am
                              You know what's amazing, that this had to happen when it did, I mean mean when the Leo awards came around, there's was no conflict because they were done fliming Sanctuary, so there was really nothing to get in the way of Amanda going to the Leo's-- to win *her* award.

Let me ask this question, who would rather Amanda go to the award ceremony than AT4? Wait, let me rephrase that, who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed a little bit so Amanda could go? Then everyone who made the arrangements to go, would go.

Comment

amanda's part of the awards will be nov 14
                                if it's laid out like the oscars, about 80 of the 99 awards will be given out in october, and they'll be the costume design, cgi, special effects, etc awards. all the behind the scenes stuff
                                then on nov 14 will be the glitzy and glamour awards, best actor, best show, etc
                                most of sancutary's noms are in the nov 14 categories.
                                and i don't see her cancelling at4 for the sake of an awards show. there's too much money etc involved
                                Yeah...and besides the money involved to cancel and reschedule...I'll be there...how could you cancel/change/reschedule when I shall be there??? And lets not forget Neep will be there too...pants off or on...who knows but c'mon...Geminis vs AT4...AT4 is clearly the winner!!
                                Sorry for the late response but I've been off sick. I'm definitely in for the tour which I now see is the London tour (fine with me).Changed the list.
                                Sky is right that it will be the technical awards that will be presented in Toronto and the "major" awards will be televised. That will definitely include lead actress. What unfortunate timing that it is the same weekend as AT4. I repeat, this is a very big deal in our industry and it is wonderful that AT's talent has been recognised by her peers. Very unfortunate that she would miss this and I wouldn't blame her if she rescheduled AT4. Even if she didn't win, just to be there while your name was read out as one of the nominees would be special. On the other hand, people do sometimes accept via satellite. How cool would it be to have her accepting the award from AT4? Although probably not as special for her as actually being there.
                                Glad to see you back on your feet and feeling better EH-T!
                                I think it would be awesome for her to accept the award at the Gabit event...I just hope and pray she doesn't cancel out on AT4.
                                And if they did that then I would be sorely tempted to go and kick someones ass for forcing her to do that.
                                Ahem
                                All hail the VCR!!
                                I have one and I only wish I could work it so I can tape Charlies Angels when I'm at work on the weekend. I only just discovered that it was on tv last Sunday...used to be my fave tv show ever...til Stargate.
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X