No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going to throw me when people don't look like their avatars. See, that's why mine is a realistic self portrait

I sent off my passport application yesterday, and it was totally painless. I found my passport from when I was a kid so I chucked that in the envelope, so I didn't need to dig out my passport or anything. The photo was easy too- my best friend works in a pharmacy right next to my work and they do them. She took the photo, printed it, sold it to me and then signed it and filled out the witness declaration form. One stop shop 2 weeks processing time, they reckon. Yay!

It's now 11pm. I have been awake for 37 hours. My head is melting into the pillow so night!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Sounds good. Has anyone booked with the other one yet? If not, we will switch to the London walks one. Thanks guys.
      Nope! Havent booked anything and I like the idea of flexibility. Are we still aiming for the Wednesday night before the Con?

Yay on the passport too Neep! One more thing to check off your to-do list.

Comment

According to this article re the Geminis

"The silhouette statues, awarded in 99 categories, will be awarded over three nights in two cities: A pair of industry nights in Toronto Oct. 19 and 20 will be followed Nov. 14 with a gala presentation for major awards in Calgary, to be broadcast on Global and Showcase."

I'm assuming Amanda's nomination for lead actress is a major award? Hopefully something to celebrate at AT4???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post

"The silhouette statues, awarded in 99 categories, will be awarded over three nights in two cities: A pair of industry nights in Toronto Oct. 19 and 20 will be followed Nov. 14 with a gala presentation for major awards in Calgary, to be broadcast on Global and Showcase."

I'm assuming Amanda's nomination for lead actress is a major award? Hopefully something to celebrate at AT4???
          Yep, those they televise
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Yep, those they televise
            Fire up that VCR Mandy
            sigpic

Comment

her role will be a 'major role' award

now the sfx one might be given out in toronto, but actor/director etc ones are the glamorous televised ones
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Nope! Havent booked anything and I like the idea of flexibility. Are we still aiming for the Wednesday night before the Con?

Yay on the passport too Neep! One more thing to check off your to-do list.
                Yep, that Wednesday. Some people are leaving right after the con.

Oh, and I'm supposed to have a list? Heh.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Postage stamps, don't forget your postage stamps

sigpic

Comment

OK...if the Geminis are in October then she will be here in Oz when that happens...or is her part the one in November??? I'm confused with how they do the Geminis.
                    Either way I hope we can celebrate...I'd love to see her pick up a Gemini for Sanctuary...more validation....YAY!!!!
                    Oh bugger...I'll be on the plane when the October winners are announced...bugger!!

Ok...bad thought entered my sad little mind...Amanda wouldn't cancel AT4 to be at the Geminis would she??? We could throw a better reception/party for her than the Gemini folks and she can pick up her award later...and we can give her something to substitute it...yes...we can do this...ok...going to bed...frazzled head is what I got!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

amanda's part of the awards will be nov 14

if it's laid out like the oscars, about 80 of the 99 awards will be given out in october, and they'll be the costume design, cgi, special effects, etc awards. all the behind the scenes stuff

then on nov 14 will be the glitzy and glamour awards, best actor, best show, etc

most of sancutary's noms are in the nov 14 categories.

and i don't see her cancelling at4 for the sake of an awards show. there's too much money etc involved

sigpic

Comment

Yay! You're going on the Jack the Ripper tour then?

Eileen ... maybe we should book one of these days?

*goes in search of the list*
                        Sorry for the late response but I've been off sick. I'm definitely in for the tour which I now see is the London tour (fine with me).

I think this is the last list ... you can still add yourself or change things

Jack the Ripper tour (wednesday, november 11, 7.30 pm, £7.00)

Definitely want to go:
                        Neep
                        Chelle
                        Annelies (SamJackShipLover)
                        Master Bray Tack
                        bikerchic1977
                        ~Sarah~
                        EH-T

Maybe:
                        Flow (Annelies' friend)
                        Ames
                        Shirt'n'Tie
                        Celandine +1
                        Changed the list.

And to spam this thread ... lol.

Badges! I think for AT3 Sky's friend made badges for Gateworld and LJ peeps, I really liked it
                        For the sam_daily community on LiveJournal we've started making badges for AT4, for everyone that is going and wants one. That way we can recognize each other. Most people just print (and laminate) it themselves.

Should we also make badges for gateworlders? What do you think? I'm more than happy to make a little design and personalise them for anyone that wants one. For LJ, we use screenname, real name and name of the comm .. for here I could use screenname, real name if you want and maybe the word "Samanda"? Or just "Gateworld"?

I know for AT3 we all got them completely laminated. I won't be able to do that, so my suggestion would be that I send everyone their badge and you take care of printing yourself (or ask someone to do it for you).

What do you think?
                        I'm fine with either re-using my badge from the Creation con last April or you doing a new badge if you'd like.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]*warns UK border security*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        her role will be a 'major role' award

now the sfx one might be given out in toronto, but actor/director etc ones are the glamorous televised ones

The Geminis are the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys so this is a very big deal (at least to us ). I have often lamented the fact that Stargate did not get the recognition it deserved from the Canadian TV industry so it is wonderful to see Sanctuary getting that recognition.

Sky is right that it will be the technical awards that will be presented in Toronto and the "major" awards will be televised. That will definitely include lead actress. What unfortunate timing that it is the same weekend as AT4. I repeat, this is a very big deal in our industry and it is wonderful that AT's talent has been recognised by her peers. Very unfortunate that she would miss this and I wouldn't blame her if she rescheduled AT4. Even if she didn't win, just to be there while your name was read out as one of the nominees would be special. On the other hand, people do sometimes accept via satellite. How cool would it be to have her accepting the award from AT4? Although probably not as special for her as actually being there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

The Geminis are the Canadian equivalent of the Emmys so this is a very big deal (at least to us ). I have often lamented the fact that Stargate did not get the recognition it deserved from the Canadian TV industry so it is wonderful to see Sanctuary getting that recognition.

Sky is right that it will be the technical awards that will be presented in Toronto and the "major" awards will be televised. That will definitely include lead actress. What unfortunate timing that it is the same weekend as AT4. I repeat, this is a very big deal in our industry and it is wonderful that AT's talent has been recognised by her peers. Very unfortunate that she would miss this and I wouldn't blame her if she rescheduled AT4. Even if she didn't win, just to be there while your name was read out as one of the nominees would be special. On the other hand, people do sometimes accept via satellite. How cool would it be to have her accepting the award from AT4? Although probably not as special for her as actually being there.
                          Sorry that you have been sick ... (((EH-T)))

I didn't know the Geminis were such a big deal as you described here. The thought hadn't even crossed my mind that she would cancel AT4 for this. But I don't think she would ... I mean .. we are pretty special But, even happier now for all the noms Sanctuary received!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                            Fire up that VCR Mandy
                            VCR...???

Hopefully that was a mental pause and you meant DVD player.

Comment

the only way i'd see her canceling is if scifi said 'you gotta be there'

Heck, actors have missed the oscars due to other commitments

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                VCR...???

Hopefully that was a mental pause and you meant DVD player.
                                Yes!! Then you can pop it into your pc and upload it for those of us that otherwise woodn't get to see it

*I'm not begging, really I'm not.......... but I will if it helps *

Comment

Working...
                                X