GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    All I mean is that it isn't booked yet Don't worry little one!
    Little one??? I haven't been called that since I was born...and I wasn't even little when I was born. Oh if only to be little...*sighs* I think you've been hanging with your little niecelet too much Neep..."little one" indeed!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      Little one??? I haven't been called that since I was born...and I wasn't even little when I was born. Oh if only to be little...*sighs* I think you've been hanging with your little niecelet too much Neep..."little one" indeed!!!
      Hmmmm... how about "wee one?"
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

OK, so Jack the Ripper tour so far:

Probably:
        Neep
        Chelle
        SamJackShipLover
        Cel
        Susanne

Maybe:
        EH-T
        Flow

Correct me if I'm wrong
        Just to clarify, we're meeting on the Wednesday (11th) at 7pm for the tour, correct? Or was that Thursday? Just asking cos I won't have check-in at the Ren till Thursday and may need to find someplace to stay for the night.

Changed my status from 'Maybe' to 'Probably/Definite' and added my friend's name as well that I'll be traveling with.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          Actually, the one we went on started at the Tower Hill tube station. The one that Neep is looking at sounds different.

This is the one we went on, I think.
          Originally posted by JanSam View Post
          I think you have the right one Antoa. PengYn would know as she was the one who looked into it for the group.
          Yep, that's the one we went on
          It runs every night of the week except for Christmas day from just outside Tower Hill station, and it always starts at 7.30pm. You also do not have to book for this one. You literally just show up and pay the guide just before the walk starts. The London Walks tours are incredibly popular so they always get good numbers which is why you don't have to book.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            Just to clarify, we're meeting on the Wednesday (11th) at 7pm for the tour, correct? Or was that Thursday? Just asking cos I won't have check-in at the Ren till Thursday and may need to find someplace to stay for the night.

Changed my status from 'Maybe' to 'Probably/Definite' and added my friend's name as well that I'll be traveling with.
            Is Susanne Su from Germany? And as far as I know .. yep, wednesday, though time I am not sure about. Chelle and I will be checking in at the Ren on thursday as well. No plans yet for the rest of the days (we have planned to go to London the monday before).

This tour sounds really cool and I look forward to starting the whole awesome weekend with a group of Samandas
            sigpic

Comment

Who wants to do the Whitechapel tour with me on the Wednesday night? It's £7.00 and starts at 7pm at Aldgate East underground station. We will pepper the poor tour guide with questions about Montague John Druitt

http://www.jack-the-ripper-tour.com/
              I am a definite maybe =P If I'm in (that part of) the country by then, I'm totally in. Unfortunately I won't know my travel plans for a little while yet, as I still need to figure out how much time I'll have off from the job that I hope plan to have by then. So yes, ames is a definite ... maybe.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Oooo, 'cause it won't be cold enough in November during the daytime we should be wandering about at night!

I haven't booked any flights yet so I'm not sure when I'm arriving. If I'm there by then I would be interested but I'll have to add myself on later if you're booking next week.
              EH-T, you're a Cdn. This is England we're talking about. They're not likely to have even had their first snow yet, trust me. Layers are good, as per usual, but I wouldn't worry about 'winter' temps in early November.

Our first winter in England, my Irish roomie used to make fun of me and my best friend relentlessly, b/c we were almost always cold in the house. (Then again, we also explained to him that we were used to, y'know, well-insulated houses.) Outside, however, we knew how to layer and never had a prob!

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
              Yes Chelle.....just like cold is relative to what your used to. RoX was under the impression that 15 C was cold; no worries Mandy and I straighten her out .
              LOL! *grins at imagined convo b/w those three*
              I remember my first class telling me that their previous winter had been reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cold - so much so, the puddles were solid! The other teacher told me it went down to 8C. I blinked and said we'd probably have our coats done up by then... so yeah, weather is definitely relative!

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
              Lol, I know what you meant.... *hugs*
              Ah excellent! I'd hate to alienate/po aforementioned roomie! lol
              *bouncy hugs*

I love seeing all the plans starting to come together ... makes me even more bouncy for November!!! Although to be fair, some of the current bounciness might possibly be due to the fact that the piece of cake I ate after church was more icing than cake ... Hey, I didn't choose it - that was the piece that was saved for me! *smiles sweetly* Hehehe....*bounce!*
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                That sounds like a plan!

And *gigglesnort* at the "clarifying for the trollops"....

Too funny....

And with that, it's been a bit of a long day... I did get to meet Peter Wingfield(Squizeeeee.... I gots a photo op with Watson....), Tom Price, Mark Sheppard, Gareth David-LLoyd (again, tiny squee for a photo op), and John Barrowman (although he was via Webcam.... however still one of the funniest men I have ever seen... haven't laughed *that* hard in a long time....)
                The best part.... My friend gave me the bday present she got me in Vancouver.... She made a *very* personalized photo for Amanda to sign, to which she put on "See you in Chicago".... It was a *very* good day
                Cool. Lovely of your friend to do that for you.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                I am a definite maybe =P If I'm in (that part of) the country by then, I'm totally in. Unfortunately I won't know my travel plans for a little while yet, as I still need to figure out how much time I'll have off from the job that I hope plan to have by then. So yes, ames is a definite ... maybe.

EH-T, you're a Cdn. This is England we're talking about. They're not likely to have even had their first snow yet, trust me. Layers are good, as per usual, but I wouldn't worry about 'winter' temps in early November.

Our first winter in England, my Irish roomie used to make fun of me and my best friend relentlessly, b/c we were almost always cold in the house. (Then again, we also explained to him that we were used to, y'know, well-insulated houses.) Outside, however, we knew how to layer and never had a prob!

LOL! *grins at imagined convo b/w those three*
                I remember my first class telling me that their previous winter had been reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly cold - so much so, the puddles were solid! The other teacher told me it went down to 8C. I blinked and said we'd probably have our coats done up by then... so yeah, weather is definitely relative!

Ah excellent! I'd hate to alienate/po aforementioned roomie! lol
                *bouncy hugs*

I love seeing all the plans starting to come together ... makes me even more bouncy for November!!! Although to be fair, some of the current bounciness might possibly be due to the fact that the piece of cake I ate after church was more icing than cake ... Hey, I didn't choose it - that was the piece that was saved for me! *smiles sweetly* Hehehe....*bounce!*
                Oh, I can handle cold but it's the damp I don't like and I don't usually travel to cold places!

In case you didn't see it in the Sam thread, Happy Brithday!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Is Susanne Su from Germany? And as far as I know .. yep, wednesday, though time I am not sure about. Chelle and I will be checking in at the Ren on thursday as well. No plans yet for the rest of the days (we have planned to go to London the monday before).

This tour sounds really cool and I look forward to starting the whole awesome weekend with a group of Samandas
                  Yes, that would be her.

Question for you then Lies. If you and Chelle are definitely going on this tour and have check-in plans for Thursday as well, would you be interested in rooming with us somewhere after the tour Wednesday evening? It would save us all money and then we could travel the last leg of the journey to the Ren on Thursday together. If your interested just shoot a PM my way and we can discuss.

Comment

Last week it snowed in central Wellington for the first time in 14 years. The photos in the newspaper were from the street I work on.

I should clarify for the trollops, the street my building is on.
                    You called?
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

We are going on the Wednesday before the con
                      I wont be able to get down until the Friday of the con. No worries

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                          I'm looking at my daughter and shaking my head saying..."158 days...that can't be possible...it can't be right" Niki is looking at me like I've just landed from Mars or something and is smiling and saying..."yeah". I wanna know what shes got planned when I'm gone. You what they say, while the cats away, the mice will play. Well this cat is gonna have to set some rat traps!!
                          Seriously...158 days!!! I swear it was still in the 160's last night.
                          On the weather front...it's pretty chilly here today...rain and hail...and by Tuesday we might have snow!!! I can't tell you how happy that make's me!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi guys!

Hey that Jack the Ripper walk sounds really good. If I am over in time, I might tag along...if that's ok? I'm still working out dates around the weekend.

Best to all

Shirt'n'Tie
                            "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                            Sara O' Neill's father;
                            COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post

Mumsey
                                Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 09 June 2009, 05:14 AM. Reason: Added a couple more :eek: s
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X