Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    Thanks for your kind words and support.

If you have an AT4 number, then you have a ticket (or tickets if you ordered more than one).

I was playing with the traffic taking Becky and her hubby to Heathrow this morning. (as I write they are somewhere over The Arctic circle heading for Whistler) Anyone who knows anything about the M25, the M11 and the M4 (all of which I had to negotiate - in the rush hour ) will appreciate just how difficult that morning was - after a big freeze and half an inch of snow (don't ask!) and will know just how much time it took. I then had to attend a clinic for my leg. So, after having fed No. 1 Son, who has just come home from work, I will get to sending out confirmation emails and emails to those of you who need to pay for your tickets.

Please be patient and hang in there. It will take me several days to get everyone sorted out.

Kay G4
    Hey Mumsey, has anyone told you lately that you rock???
    B/c you def do! *huge hugs*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    <slight snippage>
    Yup! Love supporting the local chocolate company (and feeding your chocolate habit).
    Me? Chocolate habit? Whatever could you mean? *smiles innocently* (Dang, I need an angel smilie -- someone with more know-how on here help me out, please! LOL )
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I've been attending the AT events since the very beginning. And have always found everyone nice and friendly.

When the first one was announced i was desperate to go and had a lot of help from Gabit whilst saving for my ticket. And they helped me alot. They kept in touch, telling me when they were almost sold out. Following me all the way with ways to pay, etc. They have done this for the last 3 events.

Everyone i have met during the last 3 events have made me feel at home and welcome. When ever there is a problem, they do there upmost to sort it out.

Last time in May, the photograph i had taken with Amanda came out smudged and a little scratched. And without having to ask, the photograph was reprinted without any extra cost to myself.

I will be one of the lucky ones in November. And those going for the first time who are reading this thread who feel swayed by some people's opinions. You will have an amazing time. Not only is Amanda just an amazing person. Also all the Gabit staff are too. They take their time in organising every event, so every attendee is made to feel like family.

Sam
      sigpic

Comment

So I'm going to AT4 OMG I can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          as to booze in the lobby....i think what the ren doesn't know doesn't hurt them

you're sitting there eating jello. just keep the bottles of booze in the rooms
          Hmmm, I like your style.....

Yes, please be aware that eating and drinking anything in the public areas (even bottled water) bought off the premises is very much frowned upon by the hotel. Last year an attendee was in the reception area, re-hydrating after a trans-Atlantic flight with a bottle of Tesco still water, and one of the staff came and told me about it...

Be subtle!

Kay G4
          So get a flask for hidden consumption....
          Just kidding....
          I swear I shall behave... for most of the time....
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

*bounce in*giggles*bounces out*

Yes, you were just witness to a bounce-by ames attack.
            We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming, whilst all sugar is temporarily moved far, far away...
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

If you have an AT4 number, then you have a ticket (or tickets if you ordered more than one).

I was playing with the traffic taking Becky and her hubby to Heathrow this morning. (as I write they are somewhere over The Arctic circle heading for Whistler) Anyone who knows anything about the M25, the M11 and the M4 (all of which I had to negotiate - in the rush hour ) will appreciate just how difficult that morning was - after a big freeze and half an inch of snow (don't ask!) and will know just how much time it took. I then had to attend a clinic for my leg. So, after having fed No. 1 Son, who has just come home from work, I will get to sending out confirmation emails and emails to those of you who need to pay for your tickets.

Please be patient and hang in there. It will take me several days to get everyone sorted out.

Kay G4
              *patiently waiting with credit card nearby for whenever payment is required...*
              Lol, actually this is perfect.... It gave me a few more days so that I didn't have to put it on my one credit card that I try not to use...
              Which debit/credit cards can be used correct? If not, the other one will work without a problem...actually I'll probably just use that one so that there are no problems....
              *appologizes for rambling... again*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                *bounce in*giggles*bounces out*

*runs away*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

*runs away*
                  *sitting still behaving....*

Okay enough of that....

*gigglesnort*

I tried....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                    *sitting still behaving....*

Okay enough of that....

*gigglesnort*

I tried....

*smiley by Mala*
                    sigpic

Comment

Kay G4
                      I wasn't looking for a reply but thank you for taking the time to do so. Hope you are doing something for yourself to recover after the hectic weekend (something that doesn't involve throwing oneself off a mountain ).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Just watched Sanctuary Revelations 2...

Spoiler:
                        We really need to take our pants off.
                        Spoiler:
                        Hmm. Maybe it's better I won't be at this one.

Originally posted by bikerchic1977 View Post
                        volunteering my fridge as well (if i get one this year) for any jello making.. not sure who's coming w/ me but they'll just have to deal with it.. lol..

i'm easy, we can do malibu AND vodka versions.. see i have this lovely little recipe booklet of tons of jello and pudding shots.. i usually use little 1 oz cups with labeled lids. makes deciding what you want easier.. lol..

as to alcohol in the lobby, i know it's not an issue around here unless you try to bring your drink outside.. here in NJ even then some towns don't care but some are very strict about it.. not sure about london tho.. must remember make an anonymous call to the ren when i get back to work on thursday..
                        They have patio chairs and tables outside the main door, at least they did last year, and we took our drinks out there.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        Tracy,

Thank you for this very eloquent and heartfelt piece of writing.

The statement I made on behalf of all of the G4 was the culmination of Becky and I putting our heads together and writing the piece, so I don't want to take all the thanks for it, it was a combined effort. But thank you for what you said.

I know that the GABIT family (G4 and staff) will be heartened to read it.

It's worth remembering that whilst negative voices are nearly always the loudest, the sound travels faster and with more fury and is lost to the wind in seconds. The gentle whispers in the hearts of those who are positive are slower to dissipate, sometimes remaining there forever.

Julia
                        G4
                        You always weave quite the tapestry.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Do you really want me to say it again?

Spoiler:
                        You REALLY want to take your pants off!

Yes, please be aware that eating and drinking anything in the public areas (even bottled water) bought off the premises is very much frowned upon by the hotel. Last year an attendee was in the reception area, re-hydrating after a trans-Atlantic flight with a bottle of Tesco still water, and one of the staff came and told me about it...

Be subtle!

Kay G4
                        We ate some McD's at the little patio tables. Sure hope we didn't get anyone in trouble.
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                        Anon

Comment

iirc, a group sat in the lobby during at2 with a HUGE box of cadbury's and the such and not a word was said.

I'd suggest, keeping it away from the bar and restaurant, keep it discreet and don't be 'in their face' with it.

quite often, what they don't 'know' they don't know
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know that at the Con hotel here in Burbank (formally the Hilton), they were generally fine with us drinking our own stuff in the lobby as long as we kept the bottles out of sight and were discrete about it all. Of course when they switched to the Marriott, that all changed.

Comment

it all depends on the attitude of the manager at the time
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can say the same for the Con hotel in Chicago. They're fine with us taking over their lobby,letting us set up our own little party area after hours... they even have a little open area that invites it, as long as the noise level is kept to a quiet roar....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X