Clear All

i will if i have that bottle of wine delivered first
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Haha....

*sends Julia some tequila*

This should be fun

(not that I'm betting against you or anything)
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*sends Sky some rum and coke*

Well that should even it out for Julia

Psst Mandy aren't you the royal bookie

*Sends hugs to Gabit staff for all their hard work*
        sigpic

Comment

yum rum!!!!!!!
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            I remember, five years ago, when the G4's (Julia's) dream of "Getting Amanda Back In Town" was becoming a reality ... and, just by luck or fate, my daughter and I were two of the last to get tickets.

This dream turned into quite a memorable first con, marked by professionalism and caring and Amanda's eternal gratitude.

Each time, since, the G4, all of them, have shown kindness and interest in all their guests and in preserving Amanda's privacy and her time with her fans. If you have never been an administrator or run a large event, you may not realize all the time, the hours, the planning, the logistics of it all to make everything seem so "simple" when the doors open.

Add to that, personal touches like putting together fan photos for a slideshow for Amanda or the making of the beautiful quilts or the little "gifts" at the cocktail tables which actually try to relate to the individual attendees.

I had the good fortune to win the tea raffle at AT2 and, even then, there were specially wrapped gifts for all of us and Amanda that Becks had run about to get.

So ... the event sold out this morning. It is, what it is ... I think it's grand whether I get there or not. Amanda and the G4 can know in their hearts that the event has become quite special. It's also the meeting ground for many, many of us who have become friends because of Amanda and because of the vision of GABIT!

John, the G4 photographer, is the final member of directors who really puts himself out to capture the weekend events for the fans. I was in the lobby last year when he lugged in what seemed tons of equipment, smiling all the way. The stewards and staff behind the G4 also labor to make sure that every little detail is taken care of and, overall, fans are welcomed properly and have a great time.

Stepping off my soapbox but just wanted to say that I know how hard it is to run an event (I've had some experience in this area with university responsibilities).

BE KIND PEOPLE. AMANDA'S ALL ABOUT KINDNESS. SO ARE THE G4! There will be more Amanda events, God willing. And good luck to those funny, folksy people across the pond who are working hard tonight to sort all this out!

Peace, CG
            You said it, CG--I hope you'll be able to be there; I'm really hoping the economy improves as spending the cash is not my smartest move. But I can't resist now that I know how great AT3 was. I thought for a few minutes I wasn't gonna get a ticket. sob...

I already received an answer from Becky about my situation--I signed on and after plugging in my credit card number, a message came back that it wasn't accepted! Yikes!! But she assures me I've got a ticket and will get back to me about how to pay.

10 minutes after I gave up in frustration--and before I got her email--my phone rang. A fraud alert was put on my credit card! It turned out all it was was an automatic annual payment for my email account. What timing!!!

I was surprised Becky took the time to reassure me what with all the emails I'm sure she's been receiving on probably the busiest day of the year for her. What a sweetheart!!! (((((((((((Becky)))))))))) and the rest of the G4

I LOVE you guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              I thought for a few minutes I wasn't gonna get a ticket. sob...

10 minutes after I gave up in frustration--and before I got her email--my phone rang. A fraud alert was put on my credit card! It turned out all it was was an automatic annual payment for my email account. What timing!!!
              I had the same exact problem.... stupid thing.... Don't they know that this was an important purchase.... and worse than it not going through, I feel bad because it created more work for them (and by them, I mean the g4)

*still doing the happy dance around my room*

Seriously I went to work and just looked at everyone and said, "Try to ruin my mood." That and I was dancing around while setting up silverware sets for tomorrow with my iPod and a funky pair of sunglasses on...... I'm sure that anyone who asked why I was in such a good mood regretted it just as quickly as Jack would regret asking Carter "why." My answer usually ended with slight *squeeing*....
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Haha... trying to explain it to family... There are a lot of people around right now and most of them have no idea I even like sci fi. My sister summed it up best: "she's practically wetting herself because she gets to go to this big dork convention in London. With Geeks. And stuff."

Yeah- she's totally jealous.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*spits out Kool-Aid*

That's when you casually turn, smirk, and say, "jealous much?"

HEH

OK...depends on what KIND of family...
                  Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    Haha... trying to explain it to family... There are a lot of people around right now and most of them have no idea I even like sci fi. My sister summed it up best: "she's practically wetting herself because she gets to go to this big dork convention in London. With Geeks. And stuff."

Yep. She summed it up nicely.

Comment

I know! YAY!
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

*picking self off floor and wiping away tears from laughing so hard.....*

Yeah I got nothing....

*back to some serious giggling*
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

So, who is joining Antoa and me in our No Pants Sunday?

It's going to be awesome.

And to the UK GABIT attendees, no I don't mean knickers. Although those are also optional. *eyes poms suspiciously*
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Well I'm finally home after a full day of working. Thanks to my room mate that stressed over the ticket frenzy today.

Congrats to both Amanda for a growing popularity with more folks trying for tickets and wanting to attend and also to the G4 for running a convention with such a great reputation.

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in November.
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              For any that don't get tickets, you're invited to the Samanda Convention, the same weekend...and there will be plenty of tickets to go around

Not to mention flexible times and 'come as you are' attire
                              You sure Sky? People might show up "nekkid"!
                              LOLOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary4all View Post
                                You sure Sky? People might show up "nekkid"!
                                LOLOL
                                She's counting on it
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X