X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      I'm serious (well...as serious as I ever am). A well thought out attack on a hotel breakfast can supply you with enough food to last all day.
      Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
      A "well though out attack on a hotel breakfast"? Does that translate to "eat everything they have to offer"?
      Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post

I think it translates to take a big bag and take advantage of the things you can pack away?
      This is handy especially if they have prepackaged muffins....
      I think they caught on with the cereal though.... I've started seeing it in those big plastic containers....

*thinking that what I just typed sounded just a tad bit on the dorky side....*
      The big plastic containers may just be there out of an attempt to be a bit more eco-friendly.
      Hotel breakfast is great, if you eat enough one meal keeps you going for the better half of the day.
      I'm not a big fan of those prepackaged danishes.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      That's why they make beer.
      Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      Yep I was fine during the con, and the week afterward....obviously my roommate didn't have enough...errr.....medication
      So that's what you call it?!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      I lost sleep due to roommate and beer drinking friend
      Was it the singing? *ducks and runs from JanSam*

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Think of it like this: Colds last a week. Post-con blues maybe a few weeks depending. Memories and the friends you made are forever though.
        This is very true. I think often about the con and the friends I made (or talk with these friends lol), and postconblues is long forgotten.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
          Yeah, I think they expect people to snurch food from the breakfast buffets. I walked out with a yogurt and/or fruit most every morning. The trick then for me is to remember to eat it later
          I never need to remember to eat food. Eating...thats were I'm a viking!

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
          Alcohol is a great killer of germs especially Magners Irish Cider.
          http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...neous/3369.jpg
          That was my drink of choice at AT4 Gotta love Magners hehe. Confused Cel just a bit because she wasn't used to alcoholic cider

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Do you guys have the antibacterial hand wash over there?? We have these little bottles of hand wash...in the form of a gel...that you basically squirt on your hands and it dries really quick but it cleans your skin...it's like the zero-bac we have at work...it disinfects your skin better than soap!! I'll see if I can bring that over with me!! You don't need to use water...it's really very convenient when travelling...you know if you have to use a public restroom and there's no soap...just use the hand wash!!

Oh yeah...now we're talking!!!
          Yeah we've got that. I use it when I do my expeditions off into the wild...brilliant for when there isn't any water because you don't want to waste drinking water on washing your hands. But yes we do have it lol.
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

That was my drink of choice at AT4 Gotta love Magners hehe. Confused Cel just a bit because she wasn't used to alcoholic cider
            Well over here we have what is called hard cider which is generally made from some fruit like apples. The apples are simply allowed to ferment thus making an alcoholic drink, but if not then its just a non-alcoholic cider drink which is pretty popular here in fall. When you said you were drinking cider, the hard cider we have is what came to mind though I doubt it tasted anything like apples.

Comment

Well over here we have what is called hard cider which is generally made from some fruit like apples. The apples are simply allowed to ferment thus making an alcoholic drink, but if not then its just a non-alcoholic cider drink which is pretty popular here in fall. When you said you were drinking cider, the hard cider we have is what came to mind though I doubt it tasted anything like apples.
              You really should try proper apple scrumpy some time while you're over in Blighty...I think you'd like it.
              sigpic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Well I did like that weird berry drink you and Eve told me about. I went and bought one at the corner petrol station and actually even on the way home picked one up to drink on the flight home. I guess this other oddity (cos I never heard anyone choosing cider over a beer or mixed drink here ) shouldnt be all that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                  *sends medical co-pay bills to Amanda Tapping*

Dear Amanda....

hee
                  Hahaha, I wonder what Amanda would say to that?
                  Originally posted by antoa View Post
                  I always get Con crud. Which is then amplified by 'Post Con Depression' Never a fun time.

My sickness is usually due to the whole 'forgetting to eat and not sleeping' thing.

Totally worth it though!
                  Oh yeah Con crud, I didn't know it existed until I went to AT3, I got sick too and for the next week every time someone asked me if I'd had a good time I'd burst into tears LOL, but I wouldn't change for the world.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

Was it the singing? *ducks and runs from JanSam*
                    LOL, yea it was just about as bad as that group waiting in line singing a German song
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      LOL! Well you guys might only spend the three days at the convention plus your departure day. For us plus our Staff it's a good eight days or more spent there full on preparing for and then disassembling after the Event. So yes, I guess for us it is an AT-week!

Julia
                      G4
                      Hey, if you ever need a hand, just ask. I have a feeling we would be good at disassembling.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well I did like that weird berry drink you and Eve told me about. I went and bought one at the corner petrol station and actually even on the way home picked one up to drink on the flight home. I guess this other oddity (cos I never heard anyone choosing cider over a beer or mixed drink here ) shouldnt be all that bad.
                        Its called Ribena and we're big cider drinkers here and it does taste like apples.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        Hey, if you ever need a hand, just ask. I have a feeling we would be good at disassembling.
                        ...dismantling...destroying...disarm...disagree...disarray...yeah we could do all the diss-ing (bad pun intended)
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its called Ribena and we're big cider drinkers here and it does taste like apples.
                            Question is, does it taste like alcohol?

Oh and Julia, if your in need of another body to help out that weekend in any way, just holler. I love volunteering and would be more than willing to lend a hand. Even if it's just to run get lunch, I'm your go-fer.

Comment

Question is, does it taste like alcohol?

Oh and Julia, if your in need of another body to help out that weekend in any way, just holler. I love volunteering and would be more than willing to lend a hand. Even if it's just to run get lunch, I'm your go-fer.
                              Ditto on that Julia, I know you guys probably have all the help you need, but if there's anything I can do, I'd love to help.

And Cel it does if you add Vodka.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

d'oh, i thought that read 'cel does it if you add vodka'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X