GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    I've just started walking in preparation for all the walking I'll do touring London after AT3. How many of you are going to be in London for more than the weekend?
    I intend to have the week off for the convention. Then maybe travel down on the Wednesday or Thursday. There are a few places I want to revisit. But wether permitting there is the Thames Barrier river trip and the London Duck river trip that I want to do

Comment

the london eye is worth the trip

so is the tower of london and the tower bridge
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Come on Sky. Doesn't the discussion make you want to go again?

sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i'm thinking about it.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
            As I recall Nora came into the pink disco with me to "throw a few shapes" Admitedly these were beside the bar and were minimal (most shapes were in the form of lifting a pint!) But I think Nora found the con disco "enlightening/entertaining/educational" coming from a music background LOL

Tracy
            LOL - Yes I did enjoy having a few drinks at the disco and talking with Tracy. So shall me do that again in 2008?
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              the london eye is worth the trip

so is the tower of london and the tower bridge
              Last year I tried to get a photo of HMS Belfast framed by Tower Bridge from the river tour boat. (That was when I was staying a weekend with Gategipsy in the summer) But I could not quite manage to get what I wanted.

Kew is well worth a visit. Richmond park as well if you can get there. Its free and the deer are so tame!!

Comment

354 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                  LOL - Yes I did enjoy having a few drinks at the disco and talking with Tracy. So shall me do that again in 2008?
                  You betcha! Perhaps we may even get you on the floor this time! And yes I did cut a rug when I wasn't chatting with you before you make a comment on my lack of dancing. And I had already done some Morris dancing with my fellow Musketeers earlier in the day to frighten the life out of Julia............and plans are already starting to form for AT3

Tracy

Comment

And I had already done some Morris dancing with my fellow Musketeers earlier in the day to frighten the life out of Julia............and plans are already starting to form for AT3

Tracy

Julia
                    G4
                    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Julia
                      G4
                      **strokes Julia gently**

I'm sure it will be fine. You've survived Tracy Tossing, Amanda's faux car accident and morris dancing.... you can survive anything these amateurs throw at you!
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                        I've just started walking in preparation for all the walking I'll do touring London after AT3. How many of you are going to be in London for more than the weekend?
                        *waves* hey all! I'm going to Gabit *still doing happy dance* just have to get money and buy tickets and start-a-plannin! I have never been to London for more then a lay-over, but it has been my DREAM to visit, so why not stop by when Amanda is in town too? hehe.

I'm gonna be flying from the US, any one else from the States? *looks about* I will be twisting my publisher's arm to let me off for a week or a week and a half. I was originally going to go for the weekend but then mom (oh wise mommy) reminded me that it's a LONG trip across the pond so may as well just do my dream vacation while I am at it!!

Um... there are several people I know who are probably going to Gabit, and I've been to cons over here in the States, but how does this one go? I see things like dances and eating. Only one I do in public. Sight seeing is my other thing since I will be spending extra time. And I kinda know where I want to go, but hey, I'm just a silly American!!

ANYhoo... glad to meet ya'll!! and can't wait to see ya'll in person!!!

Christine
                        Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

lol, I really need to learn all those dances, you did last year, cause I'm planning on facing the dancefloor *hoping not litteraly*

Hi Christine, looking forward to meeting you

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                            **strokes Julia gently**

I'm sure it will be fine. You've survived Tracy Tossing, Amanda's faux car accident and morris dancing.... you can survive anything these amateurs throw at you!

Yeah well they've got twelve months to plan, and believe me I can't open my mouth and make an "innocent" comment without a glint appearing in one of their eyes!!!!

Julia
                            G4
                            To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

You betcha! Perhaps we may even get you on the floor this time! And yes I did cut a rug when I wasn't chatting with you before you make a comment on my lack of dancing. And I had already done some Morris dancing with my fellow Musketeers earlier in the day to frighten the life out of Julia............and plans are already starting to form for AT3

Tracy
                              Well if I don't do a long hike for dinner and get there earlier. Pour a few more drinks in me and you might be able to get me on the floor next time.
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                                Well if I don't do a long hike for dinner and get there earlier. Pour a few more drinks in me and you might be able to get me on the floor next time.

Oh please, it was ONLY 1/4 kilometer according to the paperwork the G4 gave us! You all make it sound like you had to walk for miles to get to the restaurant! Ok, maybe we did. Muhahahaha

But it was good food. Expensive, but good and we had lots of fun right? Right?

I have to admit the pub was more fun.

So who's up for another shindig at the pub this year? I'll make sure to make reservations early this time around.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 May 2007, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X