GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
    PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB! PUB!
    Slainte.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
      Slainte.
      What a way you have with words.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
        I would have to be VERY drunk to do karaoke. But I'm definitely up for the pub experience again.
        I didn't mean it as an either/or scenario, I meant BOTH.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Slainte.

Cheers!
          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            I didn't mean it as an either/or scenario, I meant BOTH.
            Sounds like a challenge.......get mini drunk so that she'll entertain us all in the hall with a rendition of her choice/voice, that should encourage the rest of the Samandans into the disco to experience that!

Also the G4 always make a showing on the floor which is worth the price of admission alone! Oh I forgot, it's free to go to the disco....so go in and be entertained

And Nora, if you've had a skin full up the pub first, I'll expect you to perform fully choreographed LOL

Tracy

Comment

you know my only issues with pubs?????

i don't drink beer. can't stand the stuff.

it sucks to go to a place to get food and then you can't get things to drink - or if you get soda you get this tiny little thimble while everyone else has these huge cups of beer
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

it sucks to go to a place to get food and then you can't get things to drink - or if you get soda you get this tiny little thimble while everyone else has these huge cups of beer
                Try the cider instead.
                scarimor

Comment

The Pheasant had plenty of other things to drink - and in large glasses. And I would know Sky - I don't drink any type of alcohol/liquor and found it to be a great place. To me it was more of a cozy restaurant with the bar as a side attraction for those who were interested.

Just remember to call the Sprite/7-UP/Slice by its proper Brit term ---- lemonade!

(Although I will kinda miss the Christmas decorations that they had up pre-Thanksgiving.... )
                  Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 15 May 2007, 02:56 PM. Reason: restaurant does have an 's' in it. it really does!:P :D
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by t_2 View Post
                    And Nora, if you've had a skin full up the pub first, I'll expect you to perform fully choreographed LOL

Tracy
                    Now would that be tsaxlady doing the Travolta thing to the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" or a line dance to Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"?
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Try the cider instead.
                      i'm difficult. i can't stand apple cider. got sick off it once

I drink diet soft drinks or iced tea...two things that are massively rare birds in the uk

sigpic

Comment

They brought out a whole jug of iced tea last time, Kat ordered it, and glasses, and the soda was in glasses the same size as the beer.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                          The Pheasant had plenty of other things to drink - and in large glasses. And I would know Sky - I don't drink any type of alcohol/liquor and found it to be a great place. To me it was more of a cozy restaurant with the bar as a side attraction for those who were interested.

Just remember to call the Sprite/7-UP/Slice by its proper Brit term ---- lemonade!

(Although I will kinda miss the Christmas decorations that they had up pre-Thanksgiving.... )
                          Oh don't you worry about that! They had those lights up the first year we were there and that was a week before Halloween! ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                            They brought out a whole jug of iced tea last time, Kat ordered it, and glasses, and the soda was in glasses the same size as the beer.
                            Yep, just don't ask for orange juice or you'll have to sit for 20mins deciding what kind of orange juice you want. I made that mistake when I ordered a screwdriver. The bartender didn't know what I wanted so I told him just give me a couple shots of vodka and fill the rest up with orange juice and then he preceeded to question me on what type of orange juice -- fresh, frozen, bottled in a glass or in a carton. Did I want a particular brand? I've never had so many choice for orange juice in my life. lol.

And whatever you do... DO NOT under any circumstances order a Mudslide!!

Comment

But do you drink other libations? I certainly hope those of you who get plastered don't mind a few teetotalers around for the party.

I'll even sing karaoke sober. (Whatever am I getting myself into?)
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

i do drink other stuff. rum, maragaritas, long beach iced teas

I just tend not to as much in bars and the like cause...well i never go to bars and if i'm gonna drink, i'm gonna do it at home where i don't have to worry about making an ass of myself, or shelling out $5 for a teeny little glass of booze or $8 for a margarita at a restaurant

I rarely drink when we eat out cause i'm usually the driver and i won't drink when i'm driving.

anyway, it's much more fun to drink juice or soda and pretend to be drunk...you remember so much more and feel a lot better in the morning

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X