No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago is another interesting town to visit. Lots to see and do. My long time American Pen Pal was born and brought up there, and we visited several times. She has moved to sunnier climes in her retirement. I recommend a visit.

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Chicago is another interesting town to visit. Lots to see and do. My long time American Pen Pal was born and brought up there, and we visited several times. She has moved to sunnier climes in her retirement. I recommend a visit.

Mumsey
      Anything in particular you would recommend? I won't be there very long so would be interested in any highlights you could suggest.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Chicago is tempting. The only problem (besides money!) is that it is the weekend before the boyfriend's birthday.

I was in Chicago twice when I was younger and would love to visit again. I loved the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum.

I hear there is a pizza place that shouldn't be missed - Giordando's I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Anything in particular you would recommend? I won't be there very long so would be interested in any highlights you could suggest.
          glad you'll be coming, wasn't sure you were. look forward to seeing you there.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            glad you'll be coming, wasn't sure you were. look forward to seeing you there.
            I thought I sent you a pm that I was coming but maybe not. Gettin' old you know. Glad there will be a familiar face there.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Chicago is tempting. The only problem (besides money!) is that it is the weekend before the boyfriend's birthday.

I was in Chicago twice when I was younger and would love to visit again. I loved the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum.

I hear there is a pizza place that shouldn't be missed - Giordando's I think.
              Thanks, I had already done a little checking on the Shedd and the Field, they look great. I'll see where the pizza place is in relation to where I'm staying/what I'm visiting.

Comment

Thanks, I had already done a little checking on the Shedd and the Field, they look great. I'll see where the pizza place is in relation to where I'm staying/what I'm visiting.
                Not sure if it is still open to the public, but the Sears building was an adventure. The day we went there it was windy and they were thinking about closing down the public viewing floor because the lifts were prone to bang on the sides of the shaft if the top of the building flexed too much!! We went well before 911 and I think they closed it for a while because of the terrorism risks. Not sure if they ever re-opened it. The Museum of Science and Industry was also very good. As I say, it is some years now since we last went.

Mumsey

Comment

We visited The Willis (Sears) Tower in 2009 and loved it...even the slightly scary glass skydeck was so tempting that I simply had to stand on it..

The Art Institute of Chicago is also one of the most beautiful museums and galleries I've ever visited...

Enjoy Chicago...I absolutely loved it...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                  MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Thanks ladies. I'll check into those suggestions. This is getting me excited!

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                      We visited The Willis (Sears) Tower in 2009 and loved it...even the slightly scary glass skydeck was so tempting that I simply had to stand on it..

The Art Institute of Chicago is also one of the most beautiful museums and galleries I've ever visited...

Enjoy Chicago...I absolutely loved it...

Deeds xx
                      They didn't have the glass deck when we were there. My everlasting memory of that day was the fuss that was going on nearby and when we got there, there were two guys outside on a cradle cleaning the windows!! It was a hot day, but they were dressed in winter clothes complete with fur lined hats with earflaps - down. I bet they got paid well!

Mumsey
                      Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 23 May 2013, 02:53 PM. Reason: can't spell!

Comment

I thought I sent you a pm that I was coming but maybe not. Gettin' old you know. Glad there will be a familiar face there.
                        i always to forget to look at the top of the page. you did send a pm. krystal will be there as far as i know. and pat may come for one day or the other. i'll just get a day ticket for amanda's day and maybe a day ticket for the other day. depending on who's around. actually Giordano's isn't the best deep dish pizza. Gine's East is the best but that is downtown. Nancy's or Connie's is the best in the suburbs.

Comment

I'll be there. I'm actually thinking of staying the weekend; just getting day passes for all three days. Nice to see others will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            i always to forget to look at the top of the page. you did send a pm. krystal will be there as far as i know. and pat may come for one day or the other. i'll just get a day ticket for amanda's day and maybe a day ticket for the other day. depending on who's around. actually Giordano's isn't the best deep dish pizza. Gine's East is the best but that is downtown. Nancy's or Connie's is the best in the suburbs.
                            Wonderful. Glad there will be some familiar faces.

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                            I'll be there. I'm actually thinking of staying the weekend; just getting day passes for all three days. Nice to see others will be there.
                            Great!

I just bought day passes for Saturday and Sunday. Flying on points so I could only get a direct flight on Friday and I arrive Friday evening around 8 if anyone is intereted in meeting up for a late dinner.

Comment

I will be staying over Saturday night so I won't be there on Friday. I'm getting the cheap general admission day tickets. I wasn't going to do any photo-ops stuff but having one with Amanda and Chris might be fun. We'll have to get together with some of the AT folks and "do lunch" or something

Mocha what are your plans or is it still too far away? How are things with the pup?

Comment

still waiting to hear from krystal. not 100% sure she's coming. and it's still too far off to really plan. was actually thinking i would try to get a puzzle box partly done by then so i could get amanda to sign it and then i could spray varnish that. never did get the person who won the box at AT6 so i could finish spraying the thing. don't know if i'll do any photos or auto's. not sure what i'm doing. haven't checked to see if the schedule is somewhat out yet. but i will be there. just not sure when. i'm a person of strong indecision.

Comment

Working...
                                X