GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Who me - naw - just think I am mellowing out in my old(er) age!

And totally concur with EH-T on the hotel - just wait until the Gabit people tell you to make your reservations. Their prices are better and the breakfast buffet is included and quite good!
    Random but does this breakfast include bananas? I ask because pretty much everything else I can think of that would be included in a breakfast is off the menu.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

actually one table has a lot of fruit. and yes there are bananas. they really have a lot of things.

Comment

Are you vegan?

Comment

No, I just have a lot of intolerances - I'll be like McKay and lemons 'has this got this in it? has this got that in it?'

Short version the big three are, no dairy, at the moment no gluten, no or little meat.

Oh, I forgot, I can eat eggs, there must be some form of eggs to go with a hot breakfast. Yay bananas and eggs, I'm going to look like such a wierdo.
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

they have scrambled eggs and they will make omelets for you. waffles, pancakes, muffins, yougurt, cooked mushrooms, and a bunch of other stuff. i'm sure there will be something there that you'll like. O.J, milk, coffee etc.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
              No, I just have a lot of intolerances - I'll be like McKay and lemons 'has this got this in it? has this got that in it?'

Short version the big three are, no dairy, at the moment no gluten, no or little meat.

Oh, I forgot, I can eat eggs, there must be some form of eggs to go with a hot breakfast. Yay bananas and eggs, I'm going to look like such a wierdo.
              I would contact the hotel in advance about your allergies. You do not want to stand in a *very* busy breakfast room and try to find out from the coffee lady if you can eat any of the offered food.

As Mocha said, they have someone who makes eggs the way you want them. They have cooked eggs as well. Fresh fruit, also fruit salad which I figure you may want to stay away from.

Full English breakfast that you can put together any way you choose, continental breakfast as well but that may not work with your gluten intolerance. You will have a lot of choices but it really all depends on what you can eat.
              I am certain you will not go hungry.

Comment

Actually, I'm gluten intolerant and the person running the breakfast talked with me and got me squared away. They even had GF bread. I always have the hard boiled eggs then there is no chance of any cross contamination. Ate lots of fresh fruit and yogurt (sorry know you don't eat it). They are very accommodating of food allergies and quite knowledgeable. Matter of fact, I had very little problems in the UK dealing with my food issues; food people seemed to know about their products so I always knew how the food was prepared and what I could eat. For anyone who is a Celiac the UK has a great celiac society. They have a list on line of all foods and restaurants by region. You do have to be a member, best 20 GBP I ever spent.

Comment

I will just mention that while there were bananas, they were the first of the fruit that was gone and I don't think I saw them a couple of the days I was there.

Though I think they had some at the gas station up the street and the small market around the corner also (though it would suck to have to buy them vs. getting them with your breakfast).

But, like others said, letting the hotel know ahead of time is best

Comment

since i ended up getting to the Ren earlier in the week than usual, i noticed they had more things available for breakfast on the week days than on the weekends. they had more fresh fruit and more stuff on the bread/muffin type stuff table.

Comment

This was twittered out last night and if anyone is interested:

@rebeccalford If anyone wants to donate anything for #AT7 email me at
                      Thanks for everyone's generosity!
                      sigpic

Comment

This was twittered out last night and if anyone is interested:

@rebeccalford If anyone wants to donate anything for #AT7 email me at
                        Thanks for everyone's generosity!
                        Thanks for posting that. I do have something to donate and have been meaning to contact her.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Thanks for posting that. I do have something to donate and have been meaning to contact her.
                          Always glad to help!

So have you come up with a new idea for fund raising at AT7 yet!
                          sigpic

Comment

Always glad to help!

So have you come up with a new idea for fund raising at AT7 yet!
                            I'm pretty sure the last one was not my idea. Definitely someone else's turn to make a fool of....er....do something to fundraise.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I've had an idea for fundraising I just don't know if anyone would be interested. I thought I'd throw my idea out here for opinions before I put any work into it.

I was wondering about setting up a quiz including name the episode, some trivia questions, Stargate and sanctuary questions, what happened next? Or what was the next line? Those sorts of rounds.

If anyone who wanted to take part could £1/€1/$1 depending on their currency but I haven't worked out what the prize could be either.

I had thought about setting up an online 'just giving' page so anyone could take part and I could post the questions on the Gabit forums or something. As I say, just an idea bouncing around, any thoughts anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                I'm pretty sure the last one was not my idea. Definitely someone else's turn to make a fool of....er....do something to fundraise.
                                I wonder whose idea that was?

I'm dragging along a Swedish girl I found in Volunteer house in Kathmandu- I vote we embarrass her in some way.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X