GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
    I'm crying right now after listening to Amanda's interview. Amanda means everything to me and I'm so grateful I will meet her next year! She makes me a stronger and better person and there's so much beauty and love in this interview. I'm so proud to be able to call her my inspiration and hero! I love her so much xoxo
    Bless you hun *hugs* I know exactly how you feel. For the video project taking place for Amanda's birthday, I chose the word 'Strong' to describe Amanda, as I feel her strength gives me (and no doubt many others) strength of our own. She truly is an inspiration in so many ways. I can't wait to meet her at AT7 too xo
    sigpic
    Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Money is needed for shoes!
      Is there a collection of stripper shoes in your closet now?
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        OMG - are they multiplying!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          Originally posted by llp View Post
          OMG - are they multiplying!
          LOL! NO! I meant that others need money to put in certain people's shoes.

I can't tell you though how many of my friends were very sorry I didn't bring the shoes back with me. They love the dress but they really wanted to see the shoes. I wonder about them!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I can't tell you though how many of my friends were very sorry I didn't bring the shoes back with me. They love the dress but they really wanted to see the shoes. I wonder about them!
            Do we have pictures of the shoes??? And how much did you raise with them?
            sigpic
            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
              Do we have pictures of the shoes??? And how much did you raise with them?
              We ( all the lovely people at AT7 and a random stranger attending the rugby convention at the same hotel) raised over 400 GBP.

I have some pictures but am a luddite and don't know how to post them. I'm sure some of the others on this thread would be happy to assist though (keeping in mind my caveat not to post my face on the internet )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

We ( all the lovely people at AT7 and a random stranger attending the rugby convention at the same hotel) raised over 400 GBP.

I have some pictures but am a luddite and don't know how to post them. I'm sure some of the others on this thread would be happy to assist though (keeping in mind my caveat not to post my face on the internet )
                That was so awesome!
                Too bad the other random stranger looked at us you like we you were crazy

Another awesome gabitfundraiser was from Neep, who walked around at AT(errrr ... 4? 5?) whitout her pants on for most of the time. Even in an elevator with Amanda ... hehe.
                sigpic

Comment

That's a good start. Welcome.

It will definitely be more relaxed. I haven't been to an ozcc but have been to other cons where you are very rushed. Yes, there is a time schedule but everyone is given a reasonable amount of time for their photo op. In the most recent one, John had to move the light and floor covering a bit because I was doing a full length photo to get the stripper shoes in (that's a long story). At no time was anyone pressuring us to get the photo done.
                  Only Sharon could introduce herself/welcome folks and then launch into a sentence about stripper shoes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                    Only Sharon could introduce herself/welcome folks and then launch into a sentence about stripper shoes.
                    Must be nice to have such "skills"!
                    sigpic

Comment

Jakie was wearing the shoes in this pic

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                        Jakie was wearing the shoes in this pic
                        OMG how did anyone not break their neck??? But I love them and congrats on raising so much with them xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

OMG how did anyone not break their neck??? But I love them and congrats on raising so much with them xx
                          EH-T also failed to mention that she didn't want to be the one to buy the shoes either. I had to pick them up and bring them thru US and UK customs! I had the feeling they looked at the shoes and then at me and thought "More power to you!"
                          sigpic

Comment

I really can't wait for AT7 now, what mad fund raiser are you planning this time?

Has the AT event been held in this hotel before? I got the impression it has. I'm hoping if it has someone will be able to direct me from the train station nearer the time because I haven't got a clue how to get from St Pancras or Euston to the hotel.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

We are just coming into winter here, but I'm still in shorts and singlet too, but then it rarely gets cold enough here not to be able to wear shorts during the day
                              Hehe, I know all about Queensland heat! My Aunt married a guy from Toowoomba and lives in Ipswich. My cousin has even done some of her medical rotations out in Townsville.

Who wouldn't love the dress? Amaze balls.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              That was so awesome!
                              Too bad the other random stranger looked at us you like we you were crazy

Another awesome gabitfundraiser was from Neep, who walked around at AT(errrr ... 4? 5?) whitout her pants on for most of the time. Even in an elevator with Amanda ... hehe.
                              4, it was AT4! It was November but pretty warm in the hotel. Actually last November I walked down to McDonald's in flipflops and a t-shirt so I'm not the example to look to in cold weather.

And Eh-T... will this one do? Photo credit to Sammy.

As the 3 year olds in Nepal would say, "heeeeeey, sessy LADY!"
                              Last edited by NZNeep; 05 April 2013, 04:00 PM.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                                I really can't wait for AT7 now, what mad fund raiser are you planning this time?

Has the AT event been held in this hotel before? I got the impression it has. I'm hoping if it has someone will be able to direct me from the train station nearer the time because I haven't got a clue how to get from St Pancras or Euston to the hotel.
                                Yep, same hotel. St Pancras is easy, you can get on the Piccadilly tube line to Heathrow then a free bus to the Ren. I'm sure someone will jump in with the exact bus numbers.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X