No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there was only one bus that wasn't accessible. then there was one who's driver refused to open the ramp and let me on. don't know what his problem was. i know there are accessible buses here because of someone at a chicago con used one with her elec. wheel chair, but i've never used one. i really should look into it in case of car trouble. what really upsets me is the lack of handicap accessible taxis here. my mom called one company and they wanted $102 to take her 3/4 miles to a hair appt and back. absolutely ridiculous. it really is disgusting here.

Comment

44 days til AT6 Ripples!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Heee I'm feeling a wee bit sick with nerves right now to be honest!
        Big supportive hugs.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i've been a little nervous about leaving bubba for AT6. he'll be here with my handicapped mother and the lady who stays with her when i go. she is usually in bed till mid afternoon because it's a long process to get up. well i went to my church's ball games last night and left the 2 of them alone with her already back in bed. i'm happy to say they both survived. i made sure there was nothing he could reach and tear up. kept bathroom doors closed and gave him his Kong toy full of peanut butter to entertain him. she gave him some junk mail to tear up and he got on her bed very nicely and didn't try to lay on her legs. so things went well. she will just have to be sure to not leave anything she doesn't want him to play with in his reach for 12 days. the other lady will feed him and help in letting him in and out and putting treats in his treat toys. so i think things should be ok. he did cry a lot while i was gone but he knows i always come back, so he'll calm down. he behaves pretty well inside for a giant puppy. i'm sure i'll have to call home everyday for dog checks, but they should be ok. i have to keep telling myself that.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]35582[/ATTACH]i've been a little nervous about leaving bubba for AT6. he'll be here with my handicapped mother and the lady who stays with her when i go. she is usually in bed till mid afternoon because it's a long process to get up. well i went to my church's ball games last night and left the 2 of them alone with her already back in bed. i'm happy to say they both survived. i made sure there was nothing he could reach and tear up. kept bathroom doors closed and gave him his Kong toy full of peanut butter to entertain him. she gave him some junk mail to tear up and he got on her bed very nicely and didn't try to lay on her legs. so things went well. she will just have to be sure to not leave anything she doesn't want him to play with in his reach for 12 days. the other lady will feed him and help in letting him in and out and putting treats in his treat toys. so i think things should be ok. he did cry a lot while i was gone but he knows i always come back, so he'll calm down. he behaves pretty well inside for a giant puppy. i'm sure i'll have to call home everyday for dog checks, but they should be ok. i have to keep telling myself that.
            You still have some time yet as well....He is settling in and a month from now, even more. He's just a big baby and he needs reassurance!
            sigpic

Comment

and remember, he's been through some significant adjustments over the past few months with fostering and so forth. He just has to be sure that he's in his forever home.
              sigpic

Comment

well, Bubba met the lady who will be staying with him and mom while i'm at AT6. they got along fine. she was not at all intimidated by him and he felt comfy enough to sit next to her on the couch. i think they will be fine-fortunately she doesn't have to take him for walks. just let him out in the yard.

Comment

All I can say is that is one big puppy! But he does looks comforatable!
                  sigpic

Comment

I was mentioning to a friend today that Amanda is now on Supernatural - her immediate response was "oh I can so see Dean going after her..." and my brain when *thunk* Yes, please? LOL

I know she's not allowed to talk any details about her role on there yet - think she'll have any teasers for us by AT6?
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

42 days til AT6 Ripples!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Don't really have anything to say (beyond I am sooo not organized for AT6) but as it is my 6000th post and as I think I joined GW because I was planning to go to AT3, I thought this would be an appropriate place for a milestone post.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Don't really have anything to say (beyond I am sooo not organized for AT6) but as it is my 6000th post and as I think I joined GW because I was planning to go to AT3, I thought this would be an appropriate place for a milestone post.
                          And people think I talk too much Can't wait to see you in London!

Just settling into my last day of work... shouldn't really be on the internet. I fly out in 2 days!

Edit to add:

My team leader just told me that instead of a leaving gift they are going to make a donation instead, and was that ok? I teared up and said it was perfect. I'm going to miss this place so much.
                          Last edited by NZNeep; 27 September 2012, 03:58 PM.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm off to UK just three more weeks and counting. Whoopee.....

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Congrats on the milestone - sorry I couldn't green you but the fridge won't open.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

well i finally started working on the puzzle box i'm making for the AT6 auction. my Mocha's death and then Bubba's adoption have taken its toll on my time. bubba is finally at the point where he can go 5 minutes without being petted or hugged by me. so i can now start. wish i could remember the stuff the master carver told me at the carving class that i took several months ago. i think i'll be having a lot of late nights working on this box to get done on time. wish me luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X