GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
    I'm putting together my costume for the costume party, and my plastic gun arrived today. I'd been planning to spray it silver but it turns out, it's illegal to paint it to look more real. It's really heavy too. Total waste of money, think I'm either going to have to try and sell it to my brother or send it back.

Anyone got any ideas for a 'gun' for my costume? The character uses a colt commander.
    You could bring a lemon

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Please note that arms of any sort are not permitted at the event. This includes toy guns, knives or swords. This hotel is alongside Heathrow Airport and security is very strict.

Kay G4
      I wish we'd been made aware of these kinds of restrictions earlier.

Better get on amazon and sort out returning the gun - it's an airsoft one so I can easily see it could cause issues, even more so if it were grey instead of bright blue.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I wish we'd been made aware of these kinds of restrictions earlier.

Better get on amazon and sort out returning the gun - it's an airsoft one so I can easily see it could cause issues, even more so if it were grey instead of bright blue.
        Sorry about this not being clear but we had an incident where an attendee was walking across the lobby with a gun in the back of her waistband and the other hotel guests were not aware that she was "in costume" fortunately someone pointed it out to us before the armed response unit were called.

No weapons of any sort, whatever colour they might be.

As for room reservations, book what you can and send us the reservation number and we can ask to have the rate fixed. PLEASE book your rooms NOW. you can always cancel them without having to pay but as soon as the hotel is full we won't be able to help you. e-mail [email protected] with your res number and I will try and help you get it sorted.

Best becks

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
          I put in another message to her asking for either a yes or no. She seemed pretty anxious for a roommie. But thanks. I guess I should make a reservation somewhere else just in case. Never had this problem before. Still can't wait for AT7!!!
          Dona - if you haven't found a roomie yet - Nebia92 is posting on the Gabit site and is desperately looking for a room mate for the weekend. She is an Aussie - that is all I know about her and she posted today.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            Dona - if you haven't found a roomie yet - Nebia92 is posting on the Gabit site and is desperately looking for a room mate for the weekend. She is an Aussie - that is all I know about her and she posted today.
            I did find a roommate but thanks for thinking of me.

Dona

Comment

I booked my room on 29th June and requested a disabled room as my friend needs the extra space. I've just noticed that it reads.

'Special request(s):
              Mobility Accessible Room with Tub, Sold Out/Not Guaranteed'

Does this mean we didn't get the disabled room? We're a little concerned.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I booked my room on 29th June and requested a disabled room as my friend needs the extra space. I've just noticed that it reads.

'Special request(s):
                Mobility Accessible Room with Tub, Sold Out/Not Guaranteed'

Does this mean we didn't get the disabled room? We're a little concerned.
                Please direct this query to [email protected] and quote your booking number. You'll get a quicker and reliable response there.

Kay
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                  I did find a roommate but thanks for thinking of me.

Dona
                  Yay!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    Please direct this query to [email protected] and quote your booking number. You'll get a quicker and reliable response there.

Kay
                    Thanks Kay, I will

Edit: Just emailed
                    Last edited by neverendingimagination; 20 January 2014, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Got it. Becky is the one who sorts out the queries. Give her a little time to respond.

Kay
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

You guys work really hard. I only hope that someday there will be a GABiT event at a time of year that I can attend
                        sigpic

Comment

I have been experiencing far more "first world problems" than usual lately. Microwaving my dinner for too long and burning my tongue, running out of milk for my coffee, going without hot water for 24 hours after the earthquake split our cylinder. I think I'm being aclimatized back into a simpler way of life for when I get back to Nepal Just a warning for y'all in case the hotel Starbucks runs out of coffee or something
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

28 days, 20 hrs, 20 min, 15sec till AT7

22days till i fly the in the big shiny cramped plane.

Comment

Can I reserve awesomeness for the fab event team we are working with at the hotel. We know how important wi fi is to you all and the significant cost it can be in hotels so we were trying to get a reduced rate for you all. Last night they offered all our attendees FREE wi fi throughout the hotel so you can hang in the lobby or in your rooms and upload your photos, tweet and facebook to your hearts content. How awesome is that? When you register everyone will get the code in their packs. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                                Can I reserve awesomeness for the fab event team we are working with at the hotel. We know how important wi fi is to you all and the significant cost it can be in hotels so we were trying to get a reduced rate for you all. Last night they offered all our attendees FREE wi fi throughout the hotel so you can hang in the lobby or in your rooms and upload your photos, tweet and facebook to your hearts content. How awesome is that? When you register everyone will get the code in their packs. Enjoy
                                This is wonderful news, thank you, thank you, thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X