No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The date of the date announcement had been announced! WOOT!
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

You will also have to tell her how wonderful the CD is, she has a lovely voice.
      She does Hold on, I will see if my favourite song ever is online... yes. That's Christine on the right. They have a cat called Maverick, not featured in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Ra0ekP3_U
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        Excellent! Thanks for the info.

Anyone remember how long the gap usually is between date announcement and the sale of tickets? Hoping tickets won't be on sale when I'm in Italy.
        Don't worry - if you aren't going to be around I can buy your ticket. I have no plans (except for Xmas - and it won't be then) so no problems! Just let me know.
        sigpic

Comment

People of Gabit (and the WORLD)

Support would be greatly appreciated - and deserved - even though Julia would never ask for either! Lol

http://www.cokezone.co.uk/olympics/n...D40F38ECC89972

Comment

I was going to offer to cover for you if necessary, EH-T, but llp beat me to it!
            Love the feeling of comraderie on this thread!

Mayo, I followed the link, and liked Julia's nom on FB, is there anything else to do?
            ...ie do we have to keep nominating her, or is liking her nom enough to count for support?
            PS - I want pics! I got pics of the flame as it came through my hometown last year - so cool to be that close (a few feet, really) to a piece of history

In other GABITness ... just to be absolutely sure, the 23rd is when we find out the dates of the event and potentially the dates tickets go on sale, yes? It is NOT when we prereg and/or purchase anything? IIRC there's usually quite a gap between the purchase date and the event itself (which is great for those of us in the saving-up stages) -- I just want to make sure I don't miss anything! LOL

In OTness... today is my final shift at my current post, and tomorrow I start afresh in the world of the 'white badge' (permanent employee with benefits, as opposed to contract employee without, or 'yellow badge') ... new area that I've not worked in before, and a different shift (instead of 12-hrs on Fri/Sat/Sun I'll be working 10s on Mon-Thurs, although pretty much the same time of day) but I have friends who work that shift from before, so there will be familiar faces around at least! (Can you tell I'm a bit nervous? Excited too, but bummed to be leaving my current team and somewhat apprehensive about starting all over again learning a new role ... at least there'll be lots of overtime avail in the next 2 months, so I'll see my wkd team again - and save up $ more quickly for AT6! )
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
              i was going to offer to cover for you if necessary, eh-t, but llp beat me to it!
              Love the feeling of comraderie on this thread! :d

mayo, i followed the link, and liked julia's nom on fb, is there anything else to do?
              ...ie do we have to keep nominating her, or is liking her nom enough to count for support?
              Ps - i want pics! I got pics of the flame as it came through my hometown last year - so cool to be that close (a few feet, really) to a piece of history

in other gabitness ... Just to be absolutely sure, the 23rd is when we find out the dates of the event and potentially the dates tickets go on sale, yes? It is not when we prereg and/or purchase anything? Iirc there's usually quite a gap between the purchase date and the event itself (which is great for those of us in the saving-up stages) -- i just want to make sure i don't miss anything! Lol

in otness... Today is my final shift at my current post, and tomorrow i start afresh in the world of the 'white badge' (permanent employee with benefits, as opposed to contract employee without, or 'yellow badge') ... New area that i've not worked in before, and a different shift (instead of 12-hrs on fri/sat/sun i'll be working 10s on mon-thurs, although pretty much the same time of day) but i have friends who work that shift from before, so there will be familiar faces around at least! (can you tell i'm a bit nervous? Excited too, but bummed to be leaving my current team and somewhat apprehensive about starting all over again learning a new role ... At least there'll be lots of overtime avail in the next 2 months, so i'll see my wkd team again - and save up $ more quickly for at6! :d)
              i believe it is only the notice of when the event will occur and possibly when we will be able to buy the tickets......no tickets on sale yet!

That is how they have handled it before......but if you want positive info - MUMSEY??!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                Crank up the Victrola, it's time to party! (and I actually have one )
                Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I got a victrola and an edison too....dunno if they really work though.
                LOL! I don't have one but my Mom has a gramaphone. Play 78 records on it that belonged to my grandparents.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Don't worry - if you aren't going to be around I can buy your ticket. I have no plans (except for Xmas - and it won't be then) so no problems! Just let me know.
                Originally posted by ames View Post
                I was going to offer to cover for you if necessary, EH-T, but llp beat me to it!
                Love the feeling of comraderie on this thread!

Mayo, I followed the link, and liked Julia's nom on FB, is there anything else to do?
                PS - I want pics! I got pics of the flame as it came through my hometown last year - so cool to be that close (a few feet, really) to a piece of history

In other GABITness ... just to be absolutely sure, the 23rd is when we find out the dates of the event and potentially the dates tickets go on sale, yes? It is NOT when we prereg and/or purchase anything? IIRC there's usually quite a gap between the purchase date and the event itself (which is great for those of us in the saving-up stages) -- I just want to make sure I don't miss anything! LOL

In OTness... today is my final shift at my current post, and tomorrow I start afresh in the world of the 'white badge' (permanent employee with benefits, as opposed to contract employee without, or 'yellow badge') ... new area that I've not worked in before, and a different shift (instead of 12-hrs on Fri/Sat/Sun I'll be working 10s on Mon-Thurs, although pretty much the same time of day) but I have friends who work that shift from before, so there will be familiar faces around at least! (Can you tell I'm a bit nervous? Excited too, but bummed to be leaving my current team and somewhat apprehensive about starting all over again learning a new role ... at least there'll be lots of overtime avail in the next 2 months, so I'll see my wkd team again - and save up $ more quickly for AT6! )
                Thanks for the offers ladies. I'm only away two weeks so I think i will be OK but good to have options.

Congrats on the white badge. Better than getting the "That's quite enough of that" badge.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                  People of Gabit (and the WORLD)

Support would be greatly appreciated - and deserved - even though Julia would never ask for either! Lol

http://www.cokezone.co.uk/olympics/n...D40F38ECC89972
                  The link is not working for me. Is it because I'm a luddite?

Comment

Ack, I probably posted it wrong!

Try this: http://www.cokezone.co.uk/olympics/n...D40F38ECC89972

Ames - just spread the word - you can fill in the little box thingy on the coke website, but I'm not sure if they req. you to register first? - If they do it's free and pretty quick...

Comment

I'll only go and see the flame if they pick the Hague, otherwise I'll sulk and watch on TV Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                        Ack, I probably posted it wrong!

Try this: http://www.cokezone.co.uk/olympics/n...D40F38ECC89972

Ames - just spread the word - you can fill in the little box thingy on the coke website, but I'm not sure if they req. you to register first? - If they do it's free and pretty quick...
                        Still not working but I'll keep trying. May just be internet issues. I often can't get on the Gabit site for example.

Is this about carrying the Olympic torch?

Comment

yep, it's about being a torch bearer

and my understanding for the 23rd is that's the date that the date of the event will be announced, and possibly date of ticket sales, etc
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The announcement on 23rd August will be giving the date of the event and also the date when tickets will go on sale. As ever you will have plenty of time to save and make arrangements (if necessary) for somebody to get your tickets if you are away.

Mumsey (with her G4 hat on)
                            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

So no need to be glued to the computer that day as it's just an announcement. Not ticket sales.

Unless you normally are already.

Comment

for anyone who is interested...robin dunne was added to the guest list for dragon con.

Comment

Working...
                                X