GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    I just received the e-mail with information about how to pay from Mumsey. In the end she sais: 'Please notify me when the transfer has been actioned'.

What does that mean? When there is a problem? When I arranged the payment? When it's deducted from my acount?
    Hey Lies, I received the instructions yesterday early enough to get to the bank. But then the bank told me it has all the info but won't send it until Monday. So when I got home I sent G4 just that info, that I have been to the bank and set it in motion but it won't be transferred until Monday. Now they have an idea of approximately when they might receive it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Hmmm. Do think I can stay strong until Sunday (my Monday) and not register? Just because I have enough for the ticket in my bank account does not mean I can afford to fly across the world.
      You are asking the wrong people because we will encourage you not to be strong.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I got my email which I read with a heavy heart...but will keep as a reminder to keep saving for AT6!!
      So congratulations to all those pre-reggers who have successfully registered...I know you will all have a fabulous time. I'm genuinely happy for all of you who can go.
      Thanks Chelle. We are genuinely sad you can't come. But AT6 can't be far away!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      It turned up, I just finished registering for both of us

... says the girl who's last convention was meant to be AT4. I blame it on my plans for moving getting delayed... I can't still be in London and not go. I think that's a crime... somewhere in the universe.
      That was just a ploy to get a hug from AT.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      We are delighted to tell you that Robin Dunne will be joining us for the Sanctuary Experience in July.

Julia
      G4

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      With Julias update above, Our guest list for The Sanctaury Experience now stands at Amanda Tapping, Damian Kindler, Martin Wood (steady Jumble!) Christopher Heyerdahl, Ryan Robbins, Robin Dunne and Chuck Campbell. We also have some great commitments from the behind the scenes crew (details to follow) and more guests still to come!

Tickets are available through the Legends website:
      http://www.stargateprops.com/catalog...d.asp?id=21604

We also have a small number of tickets for the Richard Dean Anderson Event: Meet The Man, the following weekend, and these are for sale also on the Legends site:
      http://www.stargateprops.com/catalog...d.asp?id=21730

AT5 pre reg acknowledgements and payment details are being sent out as I type. We have, given the shut down of UK airspace here and the resulting chaos at the airports, taken the decision to hold off issuing the AT5 Hotel booking code. This is so that we don't interfere with people trying to find emergency accommodation. Once things settle down we will issue the code. Please don't worry we have been allocated a larger block of rooms this year, especially for the earlier days, so there will be plenty of rooms to be had. Can I just ask that when we do send you the code you make your bookings promptly so we can adjust the levels of rooms if required. It's far easier for us to ask for more rooms very far in advance than it is closer to the event. You don't have to pay for the rooms until you check out and the cancellation terms are very good.

As always any questions please e-mail [email protected]

Becks
      G4
      Fabulous, fabulous line up ladies. We expected nothing less, not only because you create such wonderful events but because the folks involved in Sanctuary are so giving to their fans. No doubt a big part of it is also their desire to help S4K.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
      I just received the e-mail with information about how to pay from Mumsey. In the end she sais: 'Please notify me when the transfer has been actioned'.

What does that mean? When there is a problem? When I arranged the payment? When it's deducted from my acount?
      Let her know when the money has been sent (presumably so they can look for it and will know there is a problem if it doesn't show up).

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
        With Julias update above, Our guest list for The Sanctaury Experience now stands at Amanda Tapping, Damian Kindler, Martin Wood (steady Jumble!) Christopher Heyerdahl, Ryan Robbins, Robin Dunne and Chuck Campbell. We also have some great commitments from the behind the scenes crew (details to follow) and more guests still to come!

Becks
        G4
        Hmmmmm! One woman and all those men. You definitely know how to keep AT happy! and me!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Let her know when the money has been sent (presumably so they can look for it and will know there is a problem if it doesn't show up).
          Wot she said!

Kay G4
          (skiving off for a bit.)
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

That was just a ploy to get a hug from AT.
            lol, for some reason I don't think AT minds giving out hugs!
            sigpic

Comment

You are asking the wrong people because we will encourage you not to be strong.
              Shhh! My twin sister is considering buying a house and investing in her future. I'm all "Must. See. Foreign. Lands. And. Peoples."

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              lol, for some reason I don't think AT minds giving out hugs!
              Totally easy in that regard

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Wot she said!

Kay G4
              (skiving off for a bit.)
              Skive all you like. Gotta keep your strength up for the real event (AT6 ).
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Shhh! My twin sister is considering buying a house and investing in her future. I'm all "Must. See. Foreign. Lands. And. Peoples."
                Well, can't argue with that. I must admit I am a responsible person and did the same myself.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well, can't argue with that. I must admit I am a responsible person and did the same myself.
                  Maybe it's my age, but I agree with EH-T....a little responsibility is good (occasionally), especially if it means buying yourself a house. I did many years ago and a second one for investments. Strangely, I don't live in either one of them right now. I moved away and rent them out. However, I do plan to sell them both hopefully next year and buy another place up here in Washington. Nice not to have to deal with anyone raising your rent.

What you need is a balance between the two, like saving for one and also going to AT6!
                  sigpic

Comment

Or getting my darn degree
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I have now finished sending out the methods of payment emails for AT5 pre-registrations. If you haven't received yours yet, please check with the person who made group bookings, or your spam box before contacting me.

[email protected]

Kay G4
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I'm at work right now. Just went across the road for some lunch and got back with a jar of molasses, some lip balm and a fitness magazine.

I've never bought a fitness magazine in my life.

I'm hungry.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

While buying a house is a great investment in your future, I just can't see myself living anywhere long enough that it would actually be worth the investment. Also, houses here in L.A. are ridiculously expensive and I could never afford one, especially now that I am throwing IT out the window and hoping to do what I want with my life (which means an unsteady income - eep!)

I think that there are those that don't want to feel tied down to one place and I don't think that makes them irresponsible at all.

Comment

who says 'if you don't own a house by the time you're 30 you're a waste' or other rubbish like that? not every one can and not everyone wants to. some always want to have a landlord to call and say 'fix this dude'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I quite agree. Though I did own my own home at one point in my life, I also had a period where I moved back home to live with my folks and now at the moment, am a happy renter. People are different as well as each and every one's circumstances.

Personally, I'm with Neep. I want to see every corner of this great planet before my time comes. Though I'm a slave to my job at the moment and not able to go off a'wandering the globe, my aim is to see as much of it as I can now and hopefully in the coming years I'll get to see and experience more of it.

Comment

I don't think anyone is knocking either option The Kiwi dream is supposed to be owning our own home, but that's becoming less realistic for most people as rich foreigners snap up our properties and push prices up (looking at you, American celebrities).
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X