GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    My ISP is currently distributing the set of messages, please hang inthere if yours hasn't arrived yet.

Becks
    Who has a sore throat to add to her jet lag.
    Thanks Becks!
    *hugs her pre-reg email as proof that her inbox doesn't eat all msgs from GABIT, as was my semi-irrational nail-biter of choice*

Did you have fun on the slopes while over in Canuck-land though? Even with the sore throat?
    *passes over copious amounts of lozenges and OJ ... with a blue jello chaser, of course -- what, tis good for a sore throat, really!!!*
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

My ISP is currently distributing the set of messages, please hang inthere if yours hasn't arrived yet.

Becks
      Got it!!!!! 9:04 and all registered--can't miss it!

donamac

Comment

Becks
        Got mine, thanks. Hope you are feeling better soon. On the bright side, at least you got home before the volcanic ash started shutting everything down at Heathrow! Note to G4, don't schedule future Gabit events during volcanic eruptions!

Originally posted by donamac View Post
        Got it!!!!! 9:04 and all registered--can't miss it!

donamac
        Wow, you are fast! Glad to know you are going again.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Haven't gotten my email yet *iz slightly worried*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Got mine, thanks. Hope you are feeling better soon. On the bright side, at least you got home before the volcanic ash started shutting everything down at Heathrow! Note to G4, don't schedule future Gabit events during volcanic eruptions!
            Hmmmm....do you think she knows in advance about the volcanic eruptions.....mind bogling.
            sigpic

Comment

So as not to be left in the dust by donamac, I have registered.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
              Haven't gotten my email yet *iz slightly worried*
              I'm sure it will come, you know technology.

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Hmmmm....do you think she knows in advance about the volcanic eruptions.....mind bogling.
              I thought the G4 were all-knowing.

A hug to those who weren't at AT4 and are anxiously awaiting their turn to register, just because. Also sending out a hug to those who are getting the e-mail but won't be attending, just because.

P.S. to the lovely people of Gabit, included a wee joke under my special skills to hopefully give you a smile during your busy registration time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                I had this horrible nightmare the other night where somehow my pre-reg had been lost and I had to got through the regular nerve-wracking registration process instead. Not fun.
                Come to think about it I'm actually going through it anyway since we're going to try for a ticket for hubby too, and I don't trust him to do the registration process fast enough, lol!
                Believe it or not, I had a more anxiety riddled dream about the pre-reg weekend than nightmare, but for one who sleeps like a rock (when she sleeps at all) having any sort of a dream and remembering it is monumental.

I'll also now be having a nail-biter for a week or so. I've never done a bank transfer before and until my monies reach Gabit Central with confirmation, I will be a bit on edge I think.

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                So after this weekend I guess it's a good time to start looking for a newbie to adopt, you know so we can make someone write down all the Q&A's for us. Or what do you think Annelies?

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                Hehe .. we definitely need a newbie! And I think we should make them do a memorytest beforehand

And again, I'm planning on writing at least the questions down during the Q&A's ... but during AT4 I just couldn't be bothered. You remembered a lot anyway!
                Hmm, being so gadget-minded, I had a thought about how to make it easier. Would small voice recorders be allowed into the panels? I may be wrong, but I don't think it would run interference like a cell phone would and if you had an official okay from the G4 about it and what you were going to do with it, perhaps they might allow you. I'd think you'd need to keep it discreet though as if someone found out about it, before you know it, everyone would be doing it. Then Gabit would not only have to worry about the stray video that makes it to YouTube, but also voice clips.

On second thought...not sure it's such a good idea.

Becks
                Woke up to find mine sitting in my inbox too. YAY!

Instructions on it make perfect sense too. And here I was fretting a bit about running to the bank this weekend.

Comment

Wasn't sure which email account I had written down, so I checked all of them and still no email yet With my luck I probably wrote it down wrong.

Comment

Wasn't sure which email account I had written down, so I checked all of them and still no email yet With my luck I probably wrote it down wrong.
                    I'd wait a little bit, just in case, but then contact Gabit. Maybe in the excitement of the moment you did make a mistake or maybe just an error in reading your handwriting.

Comment

I'm assuming with so many that are sent en masse, that it might take some time for all to be sent out. Crossing fingers everything on your end works out and that email lands shortly.

Comment

First of all, the email addresses used were transferred from the AT4 register. If you have changed since then and not informed me, then do so now.

Secondly. Those planning on visiting Horizons restaurant as one of your Stargate location sites (O'Malleys from the 'Upgrades' episode) news broke today that the interior was destroyed in a fire. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...s.html?ref=rss is a link to the news item.
                        It may not be restored by the time of the events.

Mumsey
                        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 15 April 2010, 10:13 AM. Reason: Wrong url - Senoir moment again!
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                          First of all, the email addresses used were transferred from the AT4 register. If you have changed since then and not informed me, then do so now.

Secondly. Those planning on visiting Horizons restaurant as one of your Stargate location sites (O'Malleys from the 'Upgrades' episode) news broke today that the interior was destroyed in a fire. http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...s.html?ref=rss is a link to the news item.

Mumsey
                          Unfortunate news about the restaurant. I've never been there but I know lots of Stargate fans like to visit. Unfortunate timing too for all the fans currently in Vancouver for the Creation Stargate convention.

Comment

Got email!! Waiting on Tittamiire to ring me with her details.....I've never been so desperate for the phone to ring!!! LOL.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              That may be so but it was tsaxlady who had us put the pre-reg slips into a trash bin!
                              Or was the bin just for Anke's and my pre-reg?
                              Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                              *High fives Tsax*

LOL glad to hear someone was there to give you a hard time in my absence.
                              LOL - Haha, I got the email, I registered. We're all set!
                              muahahahahahaha - Tsax plot failed.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Have to smile at all the angst going on about pre-registering. Almost as bad as the angst about getting tickets last time. I'm sure the G4 thought this new system might actually relieve some of that. Apparently not!

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Originally Posted by Fresh_Horse
                              That may be so but it was tsaxlady who had us put the pre-reg slips into a trash bin!
                              Or was the bin just for Anke's and my pre-reg?[/COLOR]

That's quite enough of that!
                              Hehe, it worked!
                              Well, the angst about getting tickets last time was bad. Anke and I had booked flights two days before registration opened.
                              On registration day we were notified that we weren't allocated tickets. It took a couple of days for the G4 to clear the double-/triple-registrations and that's when we were notified that we had been allocated tickets.

Man, those were some long days! We pretty much wondered what we were gonna do in November. We thought about just settling in the lobby to at least get to talk to old and new friends.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post

Mumsey
                                Oh wow. Sad news indeed. I was there a few years back and though I only stepped inside to look around briefly, I never did eat there unfortunately on this trip. Guess I might not get the chance for some time too by the sounds of it.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                Got email!! Waiting on Tittamiire to ring me with her details.....I've never been so desperate for the phone to ring!!! LOL.
                                Order separate tickets and add her as a part of a group booking, perhaps? I've done it so it is possible to do this. Might ease your anxiety a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X