GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I'd just like to say how envious I am of you. I've never met Amanda and I'm just praying that I don't embarrass myself when I finally do.
    I cried the first time I met her. And i'm not the first. Dont worry. She's a sweatheart.

Comment

93 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

3 months today its my birthday, the day before I travel to London. (or LLYNDAN as the Welsh say )

Not likly to post much today..... very tired and a bit run down.

Have fun you guys! (((((((((all))))))))))

Comment

(((((((((((((((MAL)))))))))))))) Hope you feel better very soon.
        Looks like you need some pampering,or just extra sleep !
        *Sends VR flowers and Chocs*

93 days to go till Gabit.Only 92 to your birthday...hmmmm.This could be fun...
        *Scuttles off to scheme*
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Neither,m'dear Kligs. I intend to pay the "reward" with my daughter's remaining euros left unspent since her school trip to Germany. (approx 1.5 euros= not a lot in $/£ !)
          Well....you might need them someday !
          Euros???? Is it worth it?

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          ETA : Updated Gabit Roll-Call :

Mal
          FHBAGPUSS
          Seabee
          ChopinGal
          dipsofjazz
          1speed4sam & Coley
          ForeverSg1
          Kliggins
          Sue_the_Lurker
          Polosmoothie
          GateGipsy & Baby Gipsy (Both still maybe? They are in vancouver this week)
          Rowan(maybe)
          I am on the list. *runs finger over monitor screen in disbelief*

Hope you are feeling better soon Mal!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            This is great news! Another Samandan is flying across the pond!

I'm flying across the pond not only for Amanda, now I want to hear 1speed and Coley playing the electric bass! Let's see ... banjo, bass, piano, vocals by BAGPUSS, Guinness ... Kat/Forever Sg1, do you want to be the Roadie? What the h..l is a Roadie anyhow?! (I'm a Royal Hen ... maybe my term is groupie?!)

Maybe we can set up in the lobby of the hotel - jam a little bit and bring down the cost of our hotel bills! Oops - hold the show ... I have a terrific lead vocalist who may sit in with us!

Now wouldn't that be fun!
            Are you sure about this?

Does the phrase "all the gear, no idea" mean anything to you? Well, that's me...

As for Coley, given her usual track-record, she'll probably turn out to be Jaco Pastorius, John Entwistle, Mike Mills and (insert name of your favourite bass player here) all rolled into one.

In which case, after we have our Bass-Off, I'll probably be roadie.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
              93 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

3 months today its my birthday, the day before I travel to London. (or LLYNDAN as the Welsh say )

Not likly to post much today..... very tired and a bit run down.

Have fun you guys! (((((((((all))))))))))
              Hey MAL here are some bright flowers to cheer you up! (Actually a copy of the basket our SaGC thread sent to Amanda her first week back on set!)

BTW, is the "Rowan" on this list actually "the" Rowan Darkstar of fanfic fame?! I'll be getting her autograph then too! She is a terrific Samfic writer.

And 1speed, I hear you about Coley! Our fearless mountain climber and all-around outdoorswoman is usually quite good at whatever she tackles ... Let me share with the other GABIT attendees a photo that seems to capture what you and she like to do on weekends.

PS This is just a simulation ... not actually 1speed nor Coley! However, they have been known to attempt this trick, sometimes, accidentally!

Bringing the bikes to Llyndan, guys?!

Comment

Hey MAL here are some bright flowers to cheer you up! (Actually a copy of the basket our SaGC thread sent to Amanda her first week back on set!)

BTW, is the "Rowan" on this list actually "the" Rowan Darkstar of fanfic fame?! I'll be getting her autograph then too! She is a terrific Samfic writer.
                The Rowan on the list is ROWAN GREEN. A convention regular

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins

Hope you are feeling better soon Mal!
                  Thanks for the good wishes and flowers everyone. Its was just a combination of finishing a night shift, and something else.

Its "something" thats gong to last a while. But hopefully its going to be worth it. I'm not going to go into details but its not serious .

(((((((((all))))))))))

Comment

And 1speed, I hear you about Coley! Our fearless mountain climber and all-around outdoorswoman is usually quite good at whatever she tackles ... Let me share with the other GABIT attendees a photo that seems to capture what you and she like to do on weekends.

PS This is just a simulation ... not actually 1speed nor Coley! However, they have been known to attempt this trick, sometimes, accidentally!

Bringing the bikes to Llyndan, guys?!
                    Many a true picture posted in jest, CG. This is not just a simulation, this is Crazy!Coley in action.

And no, I doubt we'll be bringing the bikes with us - far too much bickering-potential (all good-natured, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                      Many a true picture posted in jest, CG. This is not just a simulation, this is Crazy!Coley in action.

And no, I doubt we'll be bringing the bikes with us - far too much bickering-potential (all good-natured, of course).
                      Sometimes I wonder if Coley thinks she is Super Sam Carter (or Evil Knievel)! Was she planning to make the leap across the pond here? (Excuse the pun!)

Comment

Maybe it is an artistic pause?
                        sigpic

Comment

92 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Comment

Looks like we got us a drummist!!!

From the SaGC thread...

Originally posted by majorsal
                            i had another sam/amanda dream!

i can't remember much of it now, but when i woke up, i left myself a note with the basic premise.... ready....

amanda was in a rock back!

she played the drums, and all i can really remember is her doing a drum solo. she was standing up and making it all dramatic and such. the croud was going crazy! but i can't remember anything else.

oh, i had another sam/amanda dream a night or two ago, but i can't remember anything of it. (i did, but my memory's going with the wind )

sally

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if Coley thinks she is Super Sam Carter (or Evil Knievel)! Was she planning to make the leap across the pond here? (Excuse the pun!)
                              Well CG, if Coley ever did plan to make the leap across the pond, I'd be only too willing to accompany her.

Me and the Inbred, of course...

Comment

Yippee!!!! London, here I come. Time off from work is officially approved.

Lets see, I don't play an instrument and you don't want to hear me sing, so I guess I will have to be the adoring cheering section or I guess I could provide the drinks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X