No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all have to have a drink on me. I won't be paying for them, but you can think of me while you're drinking it
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I've heard it referred to as Vanctuary too. Reasons why are quite obvious I believe.

Not sure when I'll be getting in. Since I'll be on a whole other continent, I'm still plotting out that stage of my trip yet.

I have reservations at the Wall Centre too, but not sure if I'll even stay there for the duration. Along with the flight, my bro is able to set me with a room at the Hilton which I may choose instead. I loved staying in the Sheraton as it was the epicenter of all the fun, but a short walk for a free room is hard to pass up. Especially with all the fun I plan on having in New Zealand and Vancouver later on as well.
      Absolutely! And let's face, you only have to sleep there

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Y'all have to have a drink on me. I won't be paying for them, but you can think of me while you're drinking it
        I told you already that I'd smuggle you in my luggage to Vancouver.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Absolutely! And let's face, you only have to sleep there
        Sleep? What's that?

Seriously, I used to have a big insomnia problem and would be up at all hours of the night when I should have been blissfully unconscious. Lately I've been quite successful in managing it so it's not too bad of a problem anymore...or at least I believe it isn't.

Trust me though, sleep won't be on anyone's mind once your at the con. There's just to many fun things to do at night!

Speaking of which, I do hope the G4 decides to do the disco/dance for TSE. I know for the AT events there is always smaller amount of attendees, but for this one it's going to be quite a bit more and wondered if that might be a factor or not in their decision. They're tons of fun though and one of the highlights IMO. Gotta love con dancing!

Comment

i'm hoping for an abnormal's ball

i already have a costume idea if there is to be one
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Agreed. I have an idea as well and this time I'll manage somehow to take my costume regardless of what travels I'll be doing beforehand. *nodnod*

I'm trying to remember, but do you think they would have a big enough hall available for the dance? I can't seem them clearing the main hall where the Q & A will be held given the vast number of chairs they'll have to reassemble afterwards. Quite a bit more than an AT event.

Comment

Agreed. I have an idea as well and this time I'll manage somehow to take my costume regardless of what travels I'll be doing beforehand. *nodnod*

I'm trying to remember, but do you think they would have a big enough hall available for the dance? I can't seem them clearing the main hall where the Q & A will be held given the vast number of chairs they'll have to reassemble afterwards. Quite a bit more than an AT event.
              Not saying GABIT will be doing this but it is possible to move the chairs and reset them again. GateCon did it last year for the banquet. The hotel staff helps with the moving and resetting of the chairs. But the con staff will have to make sure chairs are reset properly and re-labeled.
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                Not saying GABIT will be doing this but it is possible to move the chairs and reset them again. GateCon did it last year for the banquet. The hotel staff helps with the moving and resetting of the chairs. But the con staff will have to make sure chairs are reset properly and re-labeled.
                Ah, very true. I had forgotten about that. Let's cross fingers then for another repeat abnormal ball!

Comment

I told you already that I'd smuggle you in my luggage to Vancouver.
                  Can you fit me in your luggage too?
                  Speaking of which, I do hope the G4 decides to do the disco/dance for TSE. I know for the AT events there is always smaller amount of attendees, but for this one it's going to be quite a bit more and wondered if that might be a factor or not in their decision. They're tons of fun though and one of the highlights IMO. Gotta love con dancing!
                  The abnormal ball at AT4 was amazing I had so much fun! I loved watching you all doing the con dances.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I hope there is too. I've been trying to work out how I can safely pack my Keeper costume.

It's too good not to use multiple times
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                      I hope there is too. I've been trying to work out how I can safely pack my Keeper costume.

Carry the mask on the plane
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I've heard it referred to as Vanctuary too. Reasons why are quite obvious I believe.
                        Yay!! Vanctuary!! PaganX started that one...she's awesome fun and is going to SE in July! And Amanda likes that word to btw...she commented on it on Twitter a little while back...it has a nice ring to it don't ya think!
                        Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        The abnormal ball at AT4 was amazing I had so much fun! I loved watching you all doing the con dances.
                        Julia(samcarterrules)
                        And we loved having you take center stage and doing your thing in your yet to be pimped ride!!
                        Ahhhh...the memories!
                        Didn't win the big one this weekend but will keep saving, watering, and trying to get to AT5...even though I have no idea when that will be....YET!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

Does everyone dress up for the Abnormals Ball?

Comment

Every single person. You will look out of place if you don't.

(Just kidding. Think it was about half?)
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Every single person. You will look out of place if you don't.

(Just kidding. Think it was about half?)
                              Thanks, that's a relief

Comment

Carry the mask on the plane
                                I could just wear it all the way...I can't forsee that causing any problems at all!

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                And we loved having you take center stage and doing your thing in your yet to be pimped ride!!
                                Ahhhh...the memories!
                                Yeah! Julia has moves!

As Neep said not everyone dressed up and out of those that did dress up the abnormalitys ranged from 'is there a person under there?' through, 'cool, how'd you make/do that?' to 'subtle, but clever'

There were a few visible invisible people. Eeee it was so much fun! I really hope SE does one now
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X