GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss all you guys!

Got home yesterday afternoon (though my body was thinking it was midnight). Was wide awake at 2am, but managed to get back to sleep again. I don't think I've slept that much in quite a long time.

There are just no words. This past week was so amazing and I am not wanting to go back to reality quite yet because that means some scary stuff for me right now. I am more determined than ever to make a change, but I am still apprehensive about it all. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is about the little changes and not to expect anything big right away.

*huge hugs all around* I can't wait until SE!

Comment

I have uploaded my pictures from the Q&A sessions, auction and closing ceremony.

Clicky here for pictures

As usual, please do not use the pictures for icons, banners, etc, or upload them anywhere without my permission. Thanks!

Comment

Quick question: what was the dessert at the cocktail party called?

Please don't say "dessert". ;-)

I am talking about the "sherry....whatever" that was in the bowls? Anyone remember or does someone - by any chance - have the recipe?
        I'd be most grateful!

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
          Quick question: what was the dessert at the cocktail party called?

Please don't say "dessert". ;-)

I am talking about the "sherry....whatever" that was in the bowls? Anyone remember or does someone - by any chance - have the recipe?
          I'd be most grateful!
          I wasn't at the party, but are you talking about sherry trifle?? Like sponge covered in sherry, jelly, and custard??
          The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
          Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
            I wasn't at the party, but are you talking about sherry trifle?? Like sponge covered in sherry, jelly, and custard??
            Yes! That's it! Thank you! Found like 300 recipes already.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
              Yes! That's it! Thank you! Found like 300 recipes already.

You're welcome! My Mum makes it every Christmas - everyone loves it, I can't stand it
              The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
              Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Wait, do some parts of foreign not have trifle? Wow.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hi all

EH-T : very sorry to hear about the break-in. Sign of the times. I admire your spirit. Go you!

To the rest of the gang....Thanks again Peeps for a wonderful weekend. And remember it'll happen all over again at AT5.

Hats off (hard hats even!) to GABIT.

I'm thinking of starting to say "GABIT-astic" as new word for fantastic!! What think you all?

Best to all here

S'n'T
                  "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                  Sara O' Neill's father;
                  COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

LOL! That's awesome, Neeps!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                    It was the slowest elevator ride ever.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                      First off: I'm so sorry to hear about the break in.
                      Second of all: You're assessment of the whole thing actually had me LMAO, it's priceless! Not only did they take the only DVD of value they actually upped the sales with one or two, or maybe even three copies. lol! I really admire your way of always thinking positive. Even in a situation like this.
                      And adding Tittamiire's and Neep's burglar stories makes me believe it's just not possible to efficiently steal anything from us.

Oh, and apparently Space channel is having a Sanctuary special tonight with Amanda and she's going to answer one of my questions. I guess that's what you get for being to much of a chicken to actually ask her yourself at the Q&A's *facepalm*
                      I just about fell over when I saw the question from you! Good one. Even AT said it was a good question. Some fans have posted the show on You Tube. If you haven't seen it yet, I'll find the link.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Hey guys

My con report is still pending. I'm so sorry for the delay but I've barely had a minute to myself this past week. I did, however, manage to catalogue almost all of my photos. So... the entire album is here but I've linked them individually too.

Q&A 1
                        Q&A 2
                        Q&A 3
                        Q&A 4
                        Closing Ceremony

General Con Madness Friday
                        General Con Madness Saturday
                        General Con Madness Sunday
                        The Abnormal's Ball

If you do like any of the Amanda pics and want to use them for your artisitc endevors that's absolutely fine, just please credit me as the photographer and please do not repost the actual photographs on any websites without my knowledge.

For any attendees who want to snurch some of the con madness ones, please do. My camera was very trigger happy and there are some lovely shots

sigpic

Comment

Told AT's joke at a partners' meeting the day I got back. Only got one laugh. No sense of humour these people, I thought it was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Told AT's joke at a partners' meeting the day I got back. Only got one laugh. No sense of humour these people, I thought it was hilarious.
                            What's the joke?
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              What's the joke?
                              Well, AT tells it much better than I can type it but here's the gist.

A lawyer meets St. Peter at the pearly gates and tells St. Peter it can't be his time yet. St. Peter checks his list and confirms it's the lawyer's time. The lawyer says "But I'm only 55". St. Peter says "We have you down as 82". The lawyer asks how can that be and St. Peter says "we added up your billable hours".

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Well, AT tells it much better than I can type it but here's the gist.

A lawyer meets St. Peter at the pearly gates and tells St. Peter it can't be his time yet. St. Peter checks his list and confirms it's the lawyer's time. The lawyer says "But I'm only 55". St. Peter says "We have you down as 82". The lawyer asks how can that be and St. Peter says "we added up your billable hours".

You're right, they obviously have no sense of humour

Comment

Working...
                                X