Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    All hail the VCR!!
    I have one and I only wish I could work it so I can tape Charlies Angels when I'm at work on the weekend. I only just discovered that it was on tv last Sunday...used to be my fave tv show ever...til Stargate.
    Need instructions?
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

well, i think everyone can just sit back and wait and see what happens.

No need to get fussed about the conflict. it is what it is. Let's wait until after we find out how things are going to play out, then you can get fussed

we're in danger of putting hte cart before the horse here
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        we're in danger of putting hte cart before the horse here
        Hey I'm not that bad, I do drive an automobile
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          No matter how I try, the tape wont fit into the computer slots
          Should I mail you my old video capture device so you can connect your vcr to your computer?

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          EH-T...Helllllp!

*Ooops maybe I'm calling the wrong person*
          Feeling a little surrounded by gadget geeks? Let's see, I have a VCR, a DVR, a DVD recorder and a tv tuner in my computer. Now, if only I could receive the channel that shows the Geminis. Can they move them to CBC? I get that channel!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
          Let me ask this question, who would rather Amanda go to the award ceremony than AT4? Wait, let me rephrase that, who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed a little bit so Amanda could go? Then everyone who made the arrangements to go, would go.
          A LOT of people would be put out by a minor change in AT4. She just can't be present for the award show.

Hey I'm not that bad, I do drive an automobile
          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
          Anon

Comment

77 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Message from MAL : She's been unable to get in to keep up with the thread and update the colorful countdowns,as she's been battling her IP gremlins,but she'll be back asap ...in the meantime here you go, Gabiteers !

If I got those dates wrong ,MAL will go Teal'c on my sorry butt,so I hope I did them correctly as it's been a while since I last deputised for her !
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

77 days???

*happy dance*

Guys, re the badges. I'll wait a bit to see if more people want one, now there's only a few and of that few Cel makes her own, EH-T doesn't mind using her old badge. So it seems silly to make one just for 2 or 3 persons. If you're on Sam_Daily you can request a badge here.
              sigpic

Comment

if i have the file somewhere, i can make them for folks, but i can't print, nor can i laminate, etc.

i can make and e-mail but that's about it.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Let me ask this question, who would rather Amanda go to the award ceremony than AT4? Wait, let me rephrase that, who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed a little bit so Amanda could go? Then everyone who made the arrangements to go, would go.
                  It's definitely not a case of any of us (I hope) not wanting AT to attend the Gemini's and it would be wonderful if she took home her award because she absolutely deserves a win and the recognition for all of her hard work. Trying my best to keep the cart still firmly attached to the back of the horse here because what will be will be and we've all read the fineprint that all cons are subject to work commitments, but most airfares are non-refundable and non-changeable or they carry a hefty fee if you do want to change. So whereas we'll support Amanda ce la vie and respect her decision, your question is a bit of an impossible one to answer. No one would want to keep Amanda from the Gemini's, but no one would choose to lose an international airfare either. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.
                  sigpic

Comment

if i have the file somewhere, i can make them for folks, but i can't print, nor can i laminate, etc.

That's not neccesary Sky, I can make badges, it's like 10 minute work and than 1 minute per badge to change the name. But there are only I think 2 people so far who want one. And I think the whole point of a GW badge is that more people have one and they are all similar, so you can recognize each other.

And Rocky ... I think it's a bit silly to ask in a gabit thread who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed. Because for probably a lot of people that would mean they would miss out, because they have made specific plans and costs for this date. Like Meg sais: airfares are usually nonrefundable and often non-changeable (I know mine is anyway). Also, I think saying things like: real fans wouldn't mind is just .. not sure how to say it ... mean I guess.
                    sigpic

Comment

*Coughs politely and to one side / stands firmly and with poise*

*Adjusts bow-tie of tuxedo and in a Tony-Bennet-in-Vegas moment starts to sing*:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA........HAPPY BIRTHDAY AT!

*Mops brow with snow-white handkerchief and steps quietly off stage*
                      "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                      Sara O' Neill's father;
                      COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

And in reponse to the VCR discussion:

Ya mean there's something better than Beta-Max????

*wink*

S'n'T
                        "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                        Sara O' Neill's father;
                        COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                          A LOT of people would be put out by a minor change in AT4. She just can't be present for the award show.
                          Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          It's definitely not a case of any of us (I hope) not wanting AT to attend the Gemini's and it would be wonderful if she took home her award because she absolutely deserves a win and the recognition for all of her hard work. Trying my best to keep the cart still firmly attached to the back of the horse here because what will be will be and we've all read the fineprint that all cons are subject to work commitments, but most airfares are non-refundable and non-changeable or they carry a hefty fee if you do want to change. So whereas we'll support Amanda ce la vie and respect her decision, your question is a bit of an impossible one to answer. No one would want to keep Amanda from the Gemini's, but no one would choose to lose an international airfare either. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.
                          Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          And Rocky ... I think it's a bit silly to ask in a gabit thread who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed. Because for probably a lot of people that would mean they would miss out, because they have made specific plans and costs for this date. Like Meg sais: airfares are usually nonrefundable and often non-changeable (I know mine is anyway). Also, I think saying things like: real fans wouldn't mind is just .. not sure how to say it ... mean I guess.
                          As I said on Samanda, I actually gave it some thought, and I realized that it wouldn't surprise me if Amanda choose AT4 right over the award show, I mean it would be Amanda being Amanda. She's said it herself that everything she does, she does for her fans, and she made it clear in her interview with kamil that she doesn't really care about the awards, but more of how her fans feel. So yeah, I think it'd better if she chose AT4, after all, it's the Amanda thing to do. What ever she chooses, it'll be the right choice.

And SJ, I didn't mean anything mean or nasty about it, just that I remember reading a few posts the last time Amanda had to miss a con appearance, and trust me, those posts weren't too nice. I know you ALL our true/real fans of Amanda, and you all love and respect her. So yeah, no meanness intended.
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 28 August 2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Well said, though, nowadays, its failry easy to change the date of an airline ticket. Depending on the airline, its even relatively inexpensive. Even better if you bought insurance when you bought the ticket - which I do now on any international travel tickets.

Hopefully, whatever choice Amanda makes regarding the Con and the awards show, it will be respected. I read somewhere that the last time she canceled or postponed a Con people got furious. Which is just ridiculous.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              Feeling a little surrounded by gadget geeks? Let's see, I have a VCR, a DVR, a DVD recorder and a tv tuner in my computer. Now, if only I could receive the channel that shows the Geminis. Can they move them to CBC? I get that channel!
                              Woo! Gadget geeks unite!

I've never laminated my badges. I'd simply print the badge out on good quality paper (even photo paper sometimes if I wanted it to have that 'shine') and slipped it into a plastic badge holder and then attached a lanyard, all of which is readily accessible at any office supply store.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              . And Rocky ... I think it's a bit silly to ask in a gabit thread who wouldn't mind if AT4 was postponed. Because for probably a lot of people that would mean they would miss out, because they have made specific plans and costs for this date. Like Meg sais: airfares are usually nonrefundable and often non-changeable (I know mine is anyway). Also, I think saying things like: real fans wouldn't mind is just .. not sure how to say it ... mean I guess.
                              As to Amanda postponing AT4 to attend the Gemini's...? I know my airfare is non-refundable for sure though I'd have to find out if its transferable to another date. That I'm not quite sure about. One thing that might be tricky would be work as I already took certain days off and they were officially approved last month. To try and move those days to another weekend might be difficult when there are over 1000 employees vying for days off, and that's just in the department that I'm in. I was fortunate to get all that I requested now and wouldnt want to push my luck and try and move it to a later date.

So like everyone else has stated here, I'd love to see Amanda receive her first Gemini, but I'd hope she'd not have to post-pone AT4 in any capacity to do so.

Comment

*popping in to wave hello*

Trying to catch up with everything that got away during Chicago... photo editing and such...
                                Just had to share this... finally got to meet Amanda this past weekend in Chicago, and afterwards talked to a friend. They asked: "Are you still excited to meet her in London?" To which I answered, "even more so now".
                                I knew from listening to stories that you've all told about meeting her what a doll she was, however, actually meeting her, she was that and even more...

*back to catching up*
                                Can't wait to meet her again, as well as the friends that were made in Chicago who are also going to this, and all of the people that haven't been met yet
                                sigpic
                                awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Working...
                                X