No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the chances of someone getting a ticket today is the same as someone getting one yesterday

Seriously guys, I wouldn't expect any company to announce 'oh we had 378 requests for 350 tickets, tough toodles for those last 28 people' (making up numbers here)

They're probably still sorting through the lists and making sure there's no mistakes or double bookings before they offer the tickets.

And, since i would imagine the worst thing to do, from a business standpoint, would be to announce 'all sold out!!!!!' in July, then, in October, after havinig 30% of those that said 'yeah, i want a ticket' suddenly back out, having to go back on their word and say 'umm, yeah, well, oops, anyone want a ticket????' so i really don't see them putting up the 'sold out' sign until, like Julia said, everything is bought and paid for.

IIRC, last year with the AT4 tickets, even though they cocktail tickets were all asked for, they still accepted names for the waiting list until that list just got impossibly long and there was no way in hades they'd ever get through it. I would imagine that the waiting list for the con tickets would be handled the same way.

This con is a year away, a LOT can happen in a year, so I would imagine they'd want a good and rock steady waiting list because, out of the 350 tickets, I personally expect about 30 attendees to have things happen and they have to sell them. And that doesn't take into account a lot of people that I read were going to 'try for a ticket, after all, i have until september to decide if i want it'

so....i doubt we'll ever know the real and accurate numbers of how many are waiting until after the fact. And i think the 'blind' waiting list is the fairest way to do things. everyone has a chance
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Registration Department News Update

We are about to start sending out the allocations, but it's late here in gabit chaos central and none of us can see straight anymore so you will start recieiving allocations in the monring. We are starting with Meet the Man and the whole process is likely to take a couple of days. Once everything is complete we will post that all the allocations have been done.

If you have applied for both events the allocations will come seperately and may be some time apart, so hang in there until we post that everything has gone out.

Best Wishes
      Becks & Mumsey

Comment

So we have to wait longer for SE?

*tries not to run around in circles*

*fails*

*hugs Becks and Mumsey for all their hard work*

Comment

LOL Jumble.

Well done, Reg team! And quick, too!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
            Registration Department News Update

We are about to start sending out the allocations, but it's late here in gabit chaos central and none of us can see straight anymore so you will start recieiving allocations in the monring. We are starting with Meet the Man and the whole process is likely to take a couple of days. Once everything is complete we will post that all the allocations have been done.

If you have applied for both events the allocations will come seperately and may be some time apart, so hang in there until we post that everything has gone out.

Best Wishes
            Becks & Mumsey
            Wow, that took less days than I thought. Of course I am sure that the total amount of hours spent by the four individuals is quite large.

Comment

YAY!!!!
              Lots of thanks (and cups of tea/glasses of wine, chocolate and blue jello) to all the G4 for their continued dedication and hard work!
              ***huge hugs***
              *bounces in anticipation*
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

YAY!!!!
                Lots of thanks (and cups of tea/glasses of wine, chocolate and blue jello) to all the G4 for their continued dedication and hard work!
                ***huge hugs***
                *bounces in anticipation*
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

sugar free for mumsy, galaxy for becks and coffee with carnation flavored creamers for julila
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow - that's an amazing effort! I worked unexpectedly all weekend (after staying up for registration) and I'm stuffed - so I can imagine how you must all be feeling. Hope you have a good snooze tonight (now?!)

Good luck everyone!
                    The Wraith the Wraith are a very bad race. A very bad race indeed
                    Next convention: Creation LA SG/FS/Eureka WH13 Sanctuary TriCon

Comment

Brilliant!

And blimey...that's a lot of work done in a short space of time *blink*

*takes her hat off to the G4*

Wheee allocations
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

*adjusts apron*

*takes away old sheets and dirty dishes*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                          *adjusts apron*

*takes away old sheets and dirty dishes*
                          Mum laughed when she saw the pics and says can you come and do my RL room now??

Comment

130 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                              Mum laughed when she saw the pics and says can you come and do my RL room now??
                              LOL. Sorry, I can't even make my room look that good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL) View Post
                                130 DAYS to go until AT4!!!!!

Days to go until The Sanctuary Experience!!!!!!!

Days to go until Meet the Man!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Very colourful countdown today, Mal.

Is it time to pack yet?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X