• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      In honor (or honour) of Sanctuary we can do it via 'green screen'

We'd just need a bright green back drop and we can take pictures and photoshop people into a ring of jello
      Good Grief! I go away for a weekend and the children are planning messy mayhem in the brand newly redecorated hotel reception. Which has light coloured carpet now!!!

Antoa - I like the way you think! That would be a very satisfactory way of going about things!!

Mumsey
      (Breathing a sigh of relief.)
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Just a heads up, you may already know about this, but Kamil has posted an interview with Amanda on her website, it's about 25 minutes long, really interesting - and of course mentions AT4!

All the best,

Alison

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Good Grief! I go away for a weekend and the children are planning messy mayhem in the brand newly redecorated hotel reception. Which has light coloured carpet now!!!

Antoa - I like the way you think! That would be a very satisfactory way of going about things!!

Mumsey
          (Breathing a sigh of relief.)
          well you did go away for a WHOLE weekend.. what did u expect.. hehe...

Comment

while the cat is away..........
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought this would be a good time to remind people of the stamp collection game. In case you missed it here are two of the relevant posts:

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Just a thought prompted by a conversation on another thread. One of our event charities, Hearing Dogs for the Deaf, collects postage stamps to sell on to dealers to raise funds. As there will be lots of post coming through your doors at this time, can I ask you to cut the stamps from the envelopes and save them? Don't try and separate them from the envelopes, just cut around them leaving a little edge of envelope round the outside.

If you are coming to AT4, then save them (and keep any stamps you get throughout the year) and bring them along to the event. If not, then perhaps nearer the event, you could send them to the GABIT PO box address.

Thanks in advance.

Mumsey
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              For those of you that don't dip into Samanda

We got a little 'contest' going on

Remember how the Hearing Dog folks want used postage stamps? Well, how about a contest to see who can bring the most? Those that are attending the con can bring their stamps with them, those that don't can still collect, you'll just have to mail them in.

Becks has graciously mentioned something about a prize....but i'll let her expound upon that when/if shes ready.

so, if you want to play, and it's easy...and totally voluntary

cut the stamps off the mail you receive over the next 10ish months. I understand that the preference is about a cm of space around the stamp....but don't fuss the nitty gritty....they'll take what you get them.

collect them

sort them out into two bags, UK, US (and UK = any and all UK countries)

bring them with you to the con or mail them to the con (an address will be provided later)

This is all for fun and everything, but it's a way for those that can't come to chip in along with those that do, the Hearing Dog people get the proceeds and it seems to be a win/win.

Feel free to pass the word. The more the merrier, cause the part that really matters is that the Hearing Dog folks will get a ton of stamps (ok, so maybe a pound or two if we're lucky) to help them out.

One note: please don't feel like you have to raid the family treasures to get your great granny's stamp collection. Regular old common stamps are just fine. Not to mention that there's the risk of mailing something really valulable and it getting lost...and the ever present risk of maybe someone in your family not caring for you giving away something that you might regret later.

We don't want anyone to get into trouble over this.
              I am collection stamps at work, unfortunately, we get mostly business mail with those ugly print stamps on them.
              Every once in a while I am lucky and one of our dealers uses a real stamp.

When I cleaned up my room a couple of days ago I found some old letters with stamps as well so my collection is growing.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeFraser View Post
                Just a heads up, you may already know about this, but Kamil has posted an interview with Amanda on her website, it's about 25 minutes long, really interesting - and of course mentions AT4!
                All the best,
                Alison
                Thank you Alison...that was a great interview btw!!
                Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                I thought this would be a good time to remind people of the stamp collection game.
                I am collection stamps at work, unfortunately, we get mostly business mail with those ugly print stamps on them.
                When I cleaned up my room a couple of days ago I found some old letters with stamps as well so my collection is growing.
                My collection is going slow...and one of the reasons is that people just don't seem to use real stamps much anymore. Tracy will find that when I sent her her little package last week, I asked for real stamps...and IIRC, there was at least 10 on it!! So that should help...I hope!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

THANK YOU for that

yes, please, save the stamps

and i'm in the same situation as a lot, most of what i get in the mail is bills, etc, and it's all prestamped stuff

but i was thinking, if every person on samanda brought, say 20-30 stamps each, that'd be a couple hundred for them.

every little bit should help i'd think

sigpic

Comment

a friend of mine just tried to book the ren hotel, and we got this

'Group Rate Not Available For Requested Dates
                      Please click the "Return to Previous Screen" button to remove the group code and check all availability, or alter stay information and retry your search.'

after filling in the dates and clicking next
                      what's up with that? did I do smth wrong

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                        a friend of mine just tried to book the ren hotel, and we got this

'Group Rate Not Available For Requested Dates
                        Please click the "Return to Previous Screen" button to remove the group code and check all availability, or alter stay information and retry your search.'

after filling in the dates and clicking next
                        what's up with that? did I do smth wrong
                        We had that too, is she also trying to order for thursday?? Cause it might be that.
                        I had to phone them and then got the rate for every day(including thursday), but for me the code didn't work either online... It did work if I changed it into Friday till Monday but not when I tried to include Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                          We had that too, is she also trying to order for thursday?? Cause it might be that.
                          I had to phone them and then got the rate for every day(including thursday), but for me the code didn't work either online... It did work if I changed it into Friday till Monday but not when I tried to include Thursday.
                          No check in on friday and leaving on monday..
                          very strange it doesn't work

Comment

i would suggest taht you call the 1800 number

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
                              No check in on friday and leaving on monday..
                              very strange it doesn't work
                              Have another go, may have been a one off glitch. If you still have trouble let us know at the [email protected] address. I will also check how we are doing with the hotel on the allocation... but I don't think we should be full.

Let us know how you get on.

Hugs
                              becks

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                                I thought this would be a good time to remind people of the stamp collection game. In case you missed it here are two of the relevant posts:

I have some stamps too, but like you say its difficult to find letters with real stamps on now, although I look every day just in case lol.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X