GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGipsy
    Thanks you guys, and cheers for the info Julia. I'm already bringing a big bag of minstrals for Becky, I'll bring one for you too (or perhaps a bag of Haribo if that's your poison!).

FHB it sounds like a good option to me. Baby is usually fast asleep around 7pm. I may have to miss the beginning bit of the cocktail party but that's OK. If the bar is in the foyer area then it's not going to be too smoky, and if it isn't too noisy (no blasting music) then he'll sleep OK in his pram. If he stirs then just a bit of a push back and forth soothes him down.

Unfortunately hubs has to work that weekend, otherwise I could have come along footloose and fancy free
    Mmmmmmm chocolate.......now that would definitely be something I'd love...that's if I get time to eat any...but hey a girl can try! LOL! Seriously, happy to help. The foyer isn't smoky and certainly isn't noisy, so baby should sleep okay. If they can't reach you on the mobile for any reason, and they desperately want you to come out to baby, then can I suggest that you make a point of nipping out at the beginning to tell them which specific table you are on and they can ask the door bouncers if they would go and get you if you're needed. Just a thought. Also, the food will be served at 7.30pm but Amanda won't circulate the tables until about 8.30 pm so being slightly late down only means you get your food a bit late, but do make sure you've eaten before 8.30 pm.

Julia
    Gabit
    To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FHB
      Aw..that'd be cruel.Bev's little Hyper-smilie is so cute. Maybe he can join my "orange dust bunny" brigade ?
      Will he be orange then?

Originally posted by FHB
      No way...I want to see Bev in all her happily manic glory at Gabit.
      Okay.
      Last edited by Kliggins; 19 October 2005, 05:08 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        *you can't escape*
        Darn!
        Last edited by Kliggins; 19 October 2005, 05:08 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          Gipsy,before you give up on the Cocktail Party,I'd like to offer my services as babysitter .
          I know you've only met me and Hubby once at Pages,so I won't be offended if you say no,but I'd really hate you to miss out .
          What a great idea! (((Baggie)))

Originally posted by FHB
          (Just spoken to Hubby and he's fine with that arrangement,if it's possible and permitted.We weren't planning to do more on the Con Friday than have a drink/chat in the bar with some of the Gabiteers.We can chat with them in our room instead,and fuss over babe ! )
          I promise to just watch Baby Gipsy and not touch.

Your "Orange Dust Bunnies" are waiting for you, Kliggins !
          I look forward to seeing them again.
          Last edited by Kliggins; 19 October 2005, 05:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Rune]*back on topic* yep I will probably pull my act together sometime around Friday afternoon, nothing like having your nose on a deadline to make you shift up a gear ^^[quote]

That will be something to see, you getting your act together.

Originally posted by Rune
            Ohh, not wanting to be a pain Baggie, but flipping back I think you said something about dress code for the bistro? Just wondering if smart jeans are okay (being smart/casual) or an absolute no no ... will have to go add a new pair of trousers to my list of to-dos if not, if you don't know don't worry about finding out, I'll take a chance and bring a spare set of togs

[EDIT] note to self - do not forget the cat shoes!!!
            You had better not!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Woohoo! Thanks for doing that Baggie. I'm glad that they'll accept me wearing my disco sequined cat suit!
              Is it the 28th yet???? Is it????
              Disco-sequined cat suit?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins

That will be hard.... we are talking about a child who is a natural at "cute"

Comment

9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                    That will be hard.... we are talking about a child who is a natural at "cute"
                    I know *sigh*, but I will be a stranger and don't want to scare him.
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL he was not scared of me. I met him last month.

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                        LOL he was not scared of me. I met him last month.
                        There is hope then.
                        sigpic

Comment

LOL ! Must be why I like it...I've always liked Woodwards' gripewater.
                          (Not that I'd go round robbing babies for a sip ,but somehow I always seemed to get the last few drops in every bottle when the kids were small...)
                          Maybe we can change your drink order a nice chilled glass of Woodwards then Baggie, mmm tasty.

Comment

Will he be orange then?
                            Only if I get Mr Hyper-smiley to keep still for long enough to paint him..!
                            *Ponders face-painting Bev orange instead*
                            *Ponders what she'd do in reprisal*
                            Maybe safer not to try.....
                            What a great idea! (((Baggie)))
                            Why,thank you. ((((((((((K)))))))))) I've found the Sooty Puppet,and the "Shawn The Sheep" one...but then my daughter reminded me that I lent the Wallace & Gromit ones to my friend to entertain her playgroup.I can't find Sweep so I assume he's Awol.
                            Oh well,2 glove puppets'll be sufficient ..as I only have two hands anyway !

Ha ! When Mal says he's cute..believe her !
                            I look forward to seeing them again.
                            ROTFL. You miss them,eh ? How sweet !
                            Originally posted by Rune
                            Maybe we can change your drink order a nice chilled glass of Woodwards then Baggie, mmm tasty.
                            Yum! Actually I may bring my own bottle,as I might end up with indigestion ,if I eat too many snacks !
                            *Looks innocent*
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

You scare me, so we wouldn't want to traumatize the poor wee soul!
                              sigpic

Comment

Only if I get Mr Hyper-smiley to keep still for long enough to paint him..!
                                *Ponders face-painting Bev orange instead*
                                *Ponders what she'd do in reprisal*
                                Maybe safer not to try.....
                                We're both a little red in the face from all the bouncing around! I don't think you'll be able to catch us to paint us orange!

I've found the Sooty Puppet,and the "Shawn The Sheep" one...but then my daughter reminded me that I lent the Wallace & Gromit ones to my friend to entertain her playgroup.I can't find Sweep so I assume he's Awol.
                                Oh well,2 glove puppets'll be sufficient ..as I only have two hands anyway !
                                I adore Shawn the Sheep. I used to wear a badge with him on it. *runs to search for badge*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X