GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=F.H.BAGPUSS]
    Aside from being very difficult to play it in that position...do you think we should warn the Hotel/Gabit4 to have medics on standby in case you injure yourself,or poke someone's eye out with the banjo of lurve ?

QUOTE]

way ahead of you... fully qualified paramedic on site

Becks

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie
      Mousie is getting nervous now. I've waited so long to meet Amanda, but it's going to be great!
      ((((((((((Mousie)))))))))))) *Sends VR Herbal tea* You'll be fine,I think .
      *Squeaks* Yep.Gonna be great !
      Originally posted by flippy18
      Baggie - [re: polaroid] no worries, I knew it was a long time since I'd bought a film for it but I couldn't believe the price of them. Can see why digital technology is taking over
      (((((((((Flippy))))))) Thanks again,anyway.The price was a wee bit shocking,so digital it is....though I'm still getting used to all the new tech.
      I bought a new mobile last Saturday and I'm having great fun working out how to operate it.Hilarious really atm.Mobile in one coat pocket...instruction manual in the other !
      My ticket successfully arrived at one of my email addy's this morning so Am on Row K.
      Woo-Hoo ! All set then !
      Just had a meeting with the boss about proposed staff pay schemes, etc. so Gabit and fun can't come soon enough!!!!
      Hear,hear ! So say all of us !
      (Oops..BSG moment there...)

I must say,it'll be great to go meet Amanda,meet loads of other AT/Sam fans,and have fun together with the GW Gabiteers,without the phone ringing perpetually,Hubby's customers whining,my kids' thrills and spills dominating my waking and hibernating thoughts,and the cat being an attention-seeking pain in the mik'ta .

Hooray for a few days of just being "me"...
      Originally posted by becky_preen

Becks
      ROTFL ! We'll feel SO much safer around Bev now !
      *Takes cover from Bev-bopping anyway*
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
        Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        Aside from being very difficult to play it in that position...do you think we should warn the Hotel/Gabit4 to have medics on standby in case you injure yourself,or poke someone's eye out with the banjo of lurve ?

Becks
        It's okay guys. If anyone actually hears me play my banjo I'm sure they'll give me a wide bearth, therefore remaining very safe! Perhaps the paramedic will have to deal with a mass bout of earache!
        sigpic

Comment

ROTFL ! We'll feel SO much safer around Bev now !
          *Takes cover from Bev-bopping anyway*
          *you can't escape*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/happydance.gif It's okay guys. If anyone actually hears me play my banjo I'm sure they'll give me a wide bearth, therefore remaining very safe! Perhaps the paramedic will have to deal with a mass bout of earache!
            I'm sure you play very well.....and I look forward to "accompanying" you.
            Imagine the scene : Bev plunking it up a storm...then to righteous jeers,Baggie appears to do a bit of warbling and crooning....ten seconds later,the first rotten tomato is hurled.Suddenly someone yells out : "Scat,cat !".
            I then oblige with this......
            "Doo bop a doodly-doo,woopy doopy doo....".

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/dipsofjazz/odds/icon95.gif *you can't escape*
            Don't want to escape !

On a slightly more serious note : I'm currently paring down my list of possible questions for Amanda at the Q/A's.(Should I actually be lucky or daring enough to ask her of course.)

After consultation with the Gatelets,I'm now down to about 15 possible q's,but if I hear a similar question or her answer to someone else covers the topics I wanted to know about...then I'll have to go to plan B.
            Plan B is the list of questions my son provided....and it's actually rather a good list,imo.Of course,should I need to use one of his questions he expects payment.Hmmm....maybe,maybe not.
            (It depends on whether AT actually wants to discuss which SG aircraft are best in her opinion,and exactly how to build a particle accelerator,zpm, etc......)
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 October 2005, 03:15 AM.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm sure you play very well.....and I look forward to "accompanying" you.
              Imagine the scene : Bev plunking it up a storm...then to righteous jeers,Baggie appears to do a bit of warbling and crooning....ten seconds later,the first rotten tomato is hurled.Suddenly someone yells out : "Scat,cat !".
              I then oblige with this......
              "Doo bop a doodly-doo,woopy doopy doo....".
              I think the band's back together!

....then I'll have to go to plan B.
              Plan B is the list of questions my son provided....and it's actually rather a good list,imo.Of course,should I need to use one of his questions he expects payment.Hmmm....maybe,maybe not.
              (It depends on whether AT actually wants to discuss which SG aircraft are best in her opinion,and exactly how to build a particle accelerator,zpm, etc......)
              Isn't 'magnets' the answer to everything?
              sigpic

Comment

For those looking to save a bit of cash, the 'normal' buses that go past the hotels on the Bath Road are free for those going to the hotels. To find out which bus you need, ask one of the guards at the exit from the undergound station, or at the bus station.

The only downside is that the hoppa will drop you at the door to the hotel, whereas you have to walk from the bus stop.

However it is well worth keeping this in mind for the trip back from the hotel at the end of the con, and for use if you need to pop into Heathrow at all over the weekend.

Edited to say: I don't know if this has been posted already, but there are a number of Hoppa buses. You need to make sure you are in the right queue for the right bus! The one for the Renaissance Hotel is, according to the internet, the Hoppa 3. I will double check that with the hotel when I get the chance to call them.
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 18 October 2005, 03:33 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, the hotel doesn't do a baby sitting service, so it looks like one of you lucky folks can get to go to the cocktail party in my place
                  sigpic

Comment

Rune: [rerange] I haven't found anything orange to wear either. Have decided I'm just going to stack my arms up with 30 orange glowstick bracelets!! I've got loads so you can always have some to do the same if you fail to find anything else orange
                    Awww thank you (((Flippy))), I think you might just have saved my bacon there

Comment

Cool thoughts are becoming slightly less possible....
                      *runs off to make herbal tea.*
                      *sends herbal tea to all who need it *
                      (Tastes like soap...but hey,it's organically grown,according to the sachet ! )
                      I haven't any cool thoughts left at all! Still got stuff to organise before NEXT WEEK *squee*but seem to be mostly procrastinating and getting wound up about it rather than doing anything.

Herbal tea, herbal tea, *oh( I have some echinecea stuff round here somewhere so, it has a pink flower on the box, so it's very me, hmmm oh go on then Baggie, ... *sips and makes a face* ohhhkay, that's me officially back on the coffee thank you *hopes there's a ready supply of that at the hotel too otherwise ... *gulp*

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                        Well, the hotel doesn't do a baby sitting service, so it looks like one of you lucky folks can get to go to the cocktail party in my place
                        Ohhh what a bummer I'm not there on the Friday night otherwise I'd happily volunteer my services, maybe something can be worked out though? There's still time to organise it

Comment

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                            Ohhh what a bummer I'm not there on the Friday night otherwise I'd happily volunteer my services, maybe something can be worked out though? There's still time to organise it
                            Can't expect folks I've not met before to babysit! and unfortunately all the folks that I do already know are going to be at the party.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a shame you didn't know this ... as last year my daughter and I had to travel over with her baby and were told that there would be no babies or children at the cocktail party. We then found out early that hotel didn't have this service. Luckily, my daughter had a friend who lived in Sussex and was willing to come up to watch baby whilst we went to the party. However, as everyone knows, Amanda, herself, got preggers and last year's event got rescheduled.

But you and the little guy should be enjoying the other events I'm sure!

Comment

Ah well, when Gabit was first proposed I don't think I knew I was pregnant, and if it had gone ahead with the first date I would have been 8 months pregnant at the time (baby gipsy was born on the 7th of April this year, after waiting an extra two weeks and two days to come out), so no worries! Is baby coming to this con?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X