• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
    *is not laughing about Tracy grunting like an ape *
    Why not? I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      there were two auctions i though, a 'main' one and a little one if stuff didn't make it the night before.

It could be after the cocktail party you know, or start during and last after. as a way to get to know each other. give those that don't get tickets something to do, but last long enough to have dessert for those that do get tickets.

might be a little late though. i seem to recall the cocktail party lasting until 7 ior 8 or something, or maybe later

saturday could be good

maybe if becks or julia has a second to confirm what's what day, then people can go from there and find a time that works in with the G4 schedule.
      Pretty sure that at previous events the only thing that has happened on the Friday has been the cocktail party, then on the Saturday during the day it is photos, auction in the evening followed by the disco and then autos on the Sunday.

Just to add a suggestion you may find it easier, if people have arrived, to have the chocolate party on the Friday afternoon - as someone has said that is probably the first chance to introduce yourself to everyone before the weekend "officially" starts. Of course depending on how messy things get, the last thing you want is to find that you have a nice big chocolate stain down the front of your clothes for your photo with Amanda....!

Elaine

Comment

I was so sad I missed the chocolate party It just seemed the timing was off and things were running late...and Jan was pulling me away to go get some real food (b/c I was already feeling ill )

So I hope you guys can arrange a time which will be good for everyone
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by The Kit Kat Lady View Post
          Pretty sure that at previous events the only thing that has happened on the Friday has been the cocktail party, then on the Saturday during the day it is photos, auction in the evening followed by the disco and then autos on the Sunday.

Just to add a suggestion you may find it easier, if people have arrived, to have the chocolate party on the Friday afternoon - as someone has said that is probably the first chance to introduce yourself to everyone before the weekend "officially" starts. Of course depending on how messy things get, the last thing you want is to find that you have a nice big chocolate stain down the front of your clothes for your photo with Amanda....!

Elaine
          Saying that, there are some people, particularly people who live in the UK that won't arrive until the Friday evening itself as they can't get the time off work for whatever reason.
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            I was so sad I missed the chocolate party It just seemed the timing was off and things were running late...and Jan was pulling me away to go get some real food (b/c I was already feeling ill )

So I hope you guys can arrange a time which will be good for everyone
            yea I also really wanted to go,..
            I did go to the jello party, had some jello in pretty much all colors, quite a unique experience
            would be fun to redo that too, since they don't sell them over here

Comment

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
              I missed the chocolate party last year too. Having a drink with dipsofjazz probably
              Wha.....?????

I'm sure I had to be dragged to the bar, for a soupçon of liquid refreshment.

Yes, that's right...dragged!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                whacks no1 son
                Hark at you miss... Taritor to the devine galaxzy chocolate Do you not want the little treat I usually leave on your chair????
                eh???

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  Hark at you miss... Taritor to the devine galaxzy chocolate Do you not want the little treat I usually leave on your chair????
                  eh???
                  Oooh Becky's come up for air

Let's see, no drinks for Becky...no nuts for Becky

Oh I know what to give Becky

Spoiler:

the Canadian one of course
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Oooh Becky's come up for air

Let's see, no drinks for Becky...no nuts for Becky

Oh I know what to give Becky

Spoiler:

the Canadian one of course
                    Nestle crunch bars were my choccy of choice when I was at uni for a year in Ohio. Until No1son smuggled in a supply of galaxy at spring break.

No if I have a choice is HAS to be chocolate covered macaedemias.... One of the auzzies who goes to gatecon got me some one year and they are the BEST. I have a peanut intollerance, but macademias I LOVE. mmmmnnnnn yummmy... hey no fair guys late at nigt and no chocolate in the house

I still haven't found my goggles... Passport is safely in the hand of the husband along with passes and tickets, I just need to find the goggles... mmmnnnnn

beckszzzzzzzzzzzz
                    Last edited by becky_preen; 04 January 2009, 03:22 PM. Reason: I can't spell.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      I agree with that time And maybe people from Gateworld, who are attending the chocolateparty can get an altered time for their autogrpah or photo if they are seated in the rows that are up around the same time? Surely it won't be a lot of people. We would have to take that up with Julia I guess. But no rush for sure.

I dunno, I go down to watch one programme with the family (who barely recognise me from Friday when they last saw me properly) and come back to a complete chocolate thread!! Yum!

It would be too complicated to alter the autograph/photos for anyone officially. Things are done to precision timing and I doubt everyone from Gateworld would be in near enough rows.

However, I do have a plan formulating so you might have a time slot for your chocolate party. So leave me to talk to Becks after her skiing trip to coordinate this and I'll get back to the group, probably via Skydiver. Hmmm...it might work.

However, one caveat!! If it falls during the autograph session and I can get it to work for you all, one person brings chocolates to the autograph table to see us through the day! Deal? Mines caramel centred chocolate - I love it.

Oh and the schedule is being revamped so don't go on last year's. I've got to dissect it apart and rebuild it from scratch so things might move. That won't be for a while, but I might be able to sort out the chocolate thingie.

I'm off to bed now. Work tomorrow (no, the day job).

Julia
                      G4
                      To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Nestle crunch bars were my choccy of choice when I was at uni for a year in Ohio. Until No1son smuggled in a supply of galaxy at spring break.
                        You should have seen the look on the security blokes faces when they picked him for a snap search of his luggage. It was full of chocolate! One of them saw us looking anxious and came over to explain what was happening to him, and we told him about Becky's aversion to American chocolate. He went back and explained to his colleagues and all was well.

I still haven't found my goggles... Pasprt is safely inthe hand of the husband along with passes and tickets, I just need to find the goggles... mmmnnnnn

beckszzzzzzzzzzzz
                        (pokes sleepy offspring and chairperson) Oi! no dozing there!

Mumsey
                        (Just getting her second wind, at 25 minutes past midnight)
                        Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 04 January 2009, 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling and seeing Julia's going to bed too.
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Ooh I've just noticed that all three online G4 directors have posted in a row. Doubt that will happen again soon. Like an eclipse...

Definitely going to bed now.

Julia
                          G4
                          To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            (pokes sleepy offspring) Oi! no dozing there!

Mumsey
                            (Just getting her second wind, at 25 minutes past midnight)
                            Mmmwwwah! I'm awake, e-mails all answered, packing ( well prepacking) check.... goggles... still MIAzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

no good I am off to bed. Nite nite.

beckzzzzzzzz

Comment

As we're having a GABIT surge...

Comment

Night, night you've earned it...

Now everyone together "Rock a bye baby in the tree top ........

Comment

Working...
                                X