GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    you used to have winter and summer olympics every 4 years - and they were leap years. but a few years ago they decided to break it up a bit. summer olympics in leap years, winter olympics two years later, so each game is every 4 years, but the olympics take place every 2 years...if that makes sense
    Ah...got ya...so the summer Olympics are every leap year while the winter Olympics are every other second year...I knew that...but I wasn't counting the winter Olympics in on that...whoops!
    Technically speaking...my count down to AT4 is a day ahead...so it's officially one whole year tomorrow to AT4...well the cocktail party at least!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

well, also with 18 time zones, 'tomorrow' will come faster to the aussies than it will to us yanks
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When I was a kid someone taught me to figure out how many days in a month each month had was to simply count across the knuckles and indentations or valleys of both clenched fists.

Every 'knuckle' month would have 31 days and every 'indent' or 'valley' 30...all except February of course which seems to end up the odd month any way you figure it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
          When I was a kid someone taught me to figure out how many days in a month each month had was to simply count across the knuckles and indentations or valleys of both clenched fists.

Every 'knuckle' month would have 31 days and every 'indent' or 'valley' 30...all except February of course which seems to end up the odd month any way you figure it.
          Yep, that's how we are thought as well. I don't know of any songs about it.
          sigpic

Comment

It works but it's wierd!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              <Suffers a bout of coughing> Small glass, big bottle....

Mumsey
              G4

MUMSEY!!!!!

Loyalty to your fellow G4 members!!!!! <cough>

Tut tut!!!

Julia
              G4
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                It works but it's wierd!
                Yeah well I never said it's something I use daily. Just one of those random things you learn that make you a rock star amongst many in trivial pursuit type games.

Comment

Yeah well I never said it's something I use daily. Just one of those random things you learn that make you a rock star amongst many in trivial pursuit type games.
                  Lol.
                  When I first started work 11 years ago, I had to frequently know the days of the month, because I also calculated payslips etc. so I used it all the time. Seriously. Now I just know the days.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    Lol.
                    When I first started work 11 years ago, I had to frequently know the days of the month, because I also calculated payslips etc. so I used it all the time. Seriously. Now I just know the days.
                    LOL..well I guess it would come in handy in lieu of a wall calendar to gaze at above your desk.

Don't try and fool us though. We know you still use it all the time...hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                      MUMSEY!!!!!

Loyalty to your fellow G4 members!!!!! <cough>

Tut tut!!!

Julia
                      G4
                      <Looks around innocently> What????

Mumsey <tiptoes out of thread before the Chairperson smacks her one>
                      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Having been away I was puzzled by the dubious math being used to calculate days in a year and hours in a day, then I noticed the talk turned to drink. All is explained.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Oh wow...that's cool...I'm gonna have to show the kids...it's hard trying to show them something they don't already know!!
                          ...exactly!!
                          Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                          Having been away I was puzzled by the dubious math being used to calculate days in a year and hours in a day, then I noticed the talk turned to drink. All is explained.
                          I can pretty much attribute a lot of my conversational topics to drink!!!
                          It's going to be interesting to listen to the chatter at AT4!!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

LOL..well I guess it would come in handy in lieu of a wall calendar to gaze at above your desk.

Don't try and fool us though. We know you still use it all the time...hehe.
                            I use my Stargate calendar.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Rub it in!! I no have one of those.
                              I hope they release a Sanctuary one next year!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Days to go until AT4!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X