No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies, I think two birthdays and a half term (Somewhere round then) trumps it. Gabit is the 23rd-25th October 2009.

*snorts with laughter*

Can you imagine Julia's face when she gets back and reads this "announcement"? I'm dead meat. Start planning my funeral now.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Start planning my funeral now.
      I'm picking out a headstone.

Would you like stone, or marble?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        The Olympics are the only sporting event I watch. LOVE THEM! And as much as I love to see the Americans do well, and get goosebumpy when the anthem plays, I cheer for everyone there. I love to see the countries that have never won, get a medal. Or to watch the parade and see a lone representative from some country I've never even heard of. For me, the greatest moment of all time was the last summer games: There was a guy from an African nation (don't remember which one now). He had trained in the pool at the hotel he worked at. He was obviously totally out of his league and there was serious concern he might drown, he was so out of condition and his "style" was so poor. But he refused to quit. He was going to finish the race. The other athletes had already left the pool, but all of them stayed to cheer him on. The entire audience was on their feet cheering. I'm getting teary-eyed just writing this. It's the moments when everyone forgets where they're from, or what differences we may have, and simply supports a fellow human being.

If only the world could live as if the Olympics were occuring every day.

And actually, this isn't that far OT. Isn't that what GABIT is all about? Bringing together people from around the world with a shared passion?

Chicago would rock!
        If you inserted 'Canadians', those words could have been snatched directly from me I totally agree. I love the Olympics for so many reasons, but the main one would be the sportsmanship bringing together disparate nations, seemingly leaving global politics at the door. Competitiveness, definitely, but *usually* not nastiness.

And well done on bringing it back on-topic The comparison is def true though - bringing people from all over to one spot to relish together a common appreciation!

....I'd be cool with Chicago too ... although knowing my luck, I'll have moved away from the general area (and by general area, I mean 'could drive there fairly comfortably' ... by Cdn standards, of course!) ...

As for AT4 ... well I've already mentioned my AT5 date announcement prediction I'm thinking late Autumn of 2009 for AT4. Gives it a good spread between the GABITs (for recovery of highly depleted funds, among other things!), keeps it in the off-peak season for flights and accomodations, is after the wrap-up for filming projects (I believe) ... although I'll be happy with anytime, so long as I can afford to go and am given the time off!
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Ladies, I think two birthdays and a half term (Somewhere round then) trumps it. Gabit is the 23rd-25th October 2009.

*snorts with laughter*

Can you imagine Julia's face when she gets back and reads this "announcement"? I'm dead meat. Start planning my funeral now.
          Yea, especially since she told me to try and keep everyone calm...
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Welll... hmmmm..... According to the Moh's scale of hardness, marble can be scratched with a fingernail. I think I could do with something a bit more heavy duty. Then again, if you were all planning on visiting, something soft and cushioned would be a good idea, given the accident prone tendencies of the thread!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Pengyn, looks like you might have a joint funeral to plan!

Comment

*Sighing*

PengYn, I love your story... that pretty much sums up how I think I'll feel when I meet her... I was supposed to meet her in Vancouver this next year, and it fell through... so if I make it to AT4, that would just be the icing on a yet to be made cake....
              sigpic
              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Please provide their names and addresses in order that we may write them each a polite letter inquiring as to why.
                LOL SO not worth the time, trust me! HEH
                Jenni

Comment

*snorts with laughter*

We'll all wear blond wigs.

You're in charge of keeping us calm? Yeah....that's a good plan.

Welll... hmmmm..... According to the Moh's scale of hardness, marble can be scratched with a fingernail. I think I could do with something a bit more heavy duty. Then again, if you were all planning on visiting, something soft and cushioned would be a good idea, given the accident prone tendencies of the thread!

Pengyn, looks like you might have a joint funeral to plan!
                  Foam rubber?
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    We'll all wear blond wigs.
                    I told you about my greeting in San Diego, right? Raven and Kirfect had both gone out and bought blond wigs and stood at the airport entrance wearing them with big signs saying "TROLLOP" on them! LOL

And you'd all do that for me? I'm touched!

You're in charge of keeping us calm? Yeah....that's a good plan.
                    Perhaps they MISSED that Mandy's other name is Royal Fertiliser Agitator!

Foam rubber?
                    Sounds good. Can I have it draped in something shiny and pink with stars on?

Comment

*snorts with laughter*

Uh-oh, you are indeed dead meat. ;-)

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Shall we set up a paypal account for donations?

FAIL!

Last edited by Fresh_Horse; 14 August 2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

*snorts with laughter*
                        Uh oh...uhm Tracy...how fast can you run???
                        You're a lot braver than me!!
                        Welll... hmmmm..... According to the Moh's scale of hardness, marble can be scratched with a fingernail. I think I could do with something a bit more heavy duty.
                        I'd like my hubby to make my headstone...he works with concrete so I'm thinking some fancy exposed aggregate headstone with coloured pebbles...and sea shells!!!
                        I told you about my greeting in San Diego, right? Raven and Kirfect had both gone out and bought blond wigs and stood at the airport entrance wearing them with big signs saying "TROLLOP" on them! LOL
                        First time I heard of it...but how sweet is that!!! Did anyone take any pictures??? I would have loved to have seen other airport patrons' faces...what a classic!!!

I hope that AT4 is in off peak season...I'm just looking at my AT4 account and I am thinking I may have to seriously top it up somewhat!!!
                        Either way...I can't wait!!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

*practices her organ skills for the funerals*

What songs do you want to go out to?

Bear in mind that I've only ever had one organ lesson in my life and it was a long time ago....
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

*starts on speech*

What?? I'm guessing Julia won't want to, being responsible for her death and all.
                            sigpic

Comment

You know what would be totally hilarious...if Julia came in said that the dates that Tracy mentioned were indeed correct...how cool would that be!!!??!!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey Tracy, just wondered do you want the trollop outfit buried with you?

*runs from Tracy*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X