No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we may just have to stick Cel in the corner next time....

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    PengYn next year we should get together for breakfast one morning.
    Let's! Although you will probably have to tell reception to ring and wake me up This penguin is not an early bird. I skipped breakfast the second morning because I wasn't feeling terribly human... that and any roommate will tell ya I'm a bathroom hog! But that last morning was great. So relaxing. And sad. But content. *happy sigh*

sigpic

Comment

You know, Julia... you've got the right idea... planning for breakfast with Pengyn a year in advance might just work.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        They are quite delish!!! Not sure if I should bring the big ones or the smaller ones.
        What kind of quesion is that???

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        Breakfast the next morning was lovely too. I remember we sat there at the round table smiling and reminiscing. Comfortable with each other. As if we'd always been there.
        *sigh* Yep

Let's! Although you will probably have to tell reception to ring and wake me up This penguin is not an early bird. I skipped breakfast the second morning because I wasn't feeling terribly human... that and any roommate will tell ya I'm a bathroom hog! But that last morning was great. So relaxing. And sad. But content. *happy sigh*
        You tell me know???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          You tell me know???

Oh. Um yeah. Hey Annelies... I hog the bathroom.

Did I not mention this?

Huh.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
            You know, Julia... you've got the right idea... planning for breakfast with Pengyn a year in advance might just work.
            LOL, is she really that bad?

((((((((PengYn))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Huh. And I was just about to invite you up to London for Thai food on the 22nd.

*crosses Tracy Jane off Christmas card list*

sigpic

Comment

Huh. And I was just about to invite you up to London for Thai food on the 22nd.

*crosses Tracy Jane off Christmas card list*

Wow! Less than a month's notice?

For those of you that don't know the background... Pengyn and I live fairly close these days and it only takes me about 20/30 mins to meet up with her. However, despite our multiple attempts to get together for lunch / dinner / something, the world seems to be conspiring against us!

Comment

For those of you that don't know the background... Pengyn and I live fairly close these days and it only takes me about 20/30 mins to meet up with her. However, despite our multiple attempts to get together for lunch / dinner / something, the world seems to be conspiring against us!
                  Aww..how cool! Did you know each other before GW or just met through the forums and cons you've both attended?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    Aww..how cool! Did you know each other before GW or just met through the forums and cons you've both attended?
                    Nope. Just met through GW and then at London Expo. And then we saw each other at Gabit and the Jack the Ripper walk and stuff. I'm sure there's a lot of geeks who live near enough to meet up, but real life gets in the way, sadly. We may have to do a London and Area Sanctuary Premiere Party when we get schedule details, though.

Comment

And yeah... the last time we tried was the week I managed to hairline fracture my skull. For the second time in my life. *sigh*

Hey I don't do anything by half measures!
                      sigpic

Comment

And yeah... the last time we tried was the week I managed to hairline fracture my skull. For the second time in my life. *sigh*

Hey I don't do anything by half measures!
                        I deleted the last line of my previous post. It originally read "The world seems to be conspiring against us.... fractured skulls, attacks, trips to south africa". Between us we have pretty awful luck. LOL.

Note to everyone: Don't choose our numbers for the lottery!

I actually tried a couple of times before realising you weren't ignoring my calls, you were just in South Africa *rolls eyes*

Comment

Note to everyone: Don't choose our numbers for the lottery!
                          I don't know why not

Yeah, I'm a hazard. I was born a clutz... which makes no sense because I grew up dancing... but man do I have a knack for getting hurt. 2 skull fractures says it all dunnit?

I walked straight into the television cabinet door in my hotel room at AT3... because hey, who *can* see a big giant door sticking open right in front of you as you cross the room... and managed a bruise from that one. Television is evil.
                          sigpic

Comment

Despite my excessive number of accidents I can proudly say I have never broken any bones *touches wood* except fingers...and they don't count.

Looking at my shins currently I think I can rival Pengyn's clutz level lol.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                              Despite my excessive number of accidents I can proudly say I have never broken any bones *touches wood* except fingers...and they don't count.

Looking at my shins currently I think I can rival Pengyn's clutz level lol.
                              I've never broken any bones either. INCLUDING fingers.

But yes... I've managed to sand off the end of my thumb in an electric sander, engrave my thumbnail with an engraving tool (done last week and it looks quite pretty), put a knife all the way through my hand (I still have the scars to prove it), burn my hand in the oven, acquire track marks on my arm from a hot chip basket and various other owies.

I'm pretty much a walking disaster area.

So imagine my surprise when I was asked to teach resistant materials next year at school. :blink:

Comment

Hehe...I do risk assessments in one of my jobs for the various activities the young person in my care wants to do....I always think I should put 'being within six foot of a walking disaster area' as one of the risks.

Oh dear, how did I get a responsible job?

I've had concussion more times than I can count, been knocked unconscious more times than I can count, broken four fingers, dislocated my thumb, staple gunned the end of my finger, been impaled in my arm with a stick, gouged the skin off my shin, sprained my ankle numerous times, sprained my co-laterals, sprained both wrists multiple times, had whiplash, scalded the whole of the back of my right hand, torn the side of my hand open on a door, had my hand stood on by someone in studs, nearly drowned, had someone try to gouge my eye out and take a hunk of skin off the side of my face, fallen down a cliff....wow...it looks much worse when I try and write it all in one list.

Engraving your fingernail actually sounds kind of cool lol.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X