Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT4 is definitely going to happen.

Levels of passes....

There's a charmed pass, which gives you access to the cocktail party. It's called a charmed pass because everyone gets these wine charms based on themselves - like a hobby or job or something - and those are limited to 80 or 90, I think. You also get a lovely group photo of your table with Amanda at the cocktail party. You also get all the other features of the weekend pass included.

Then there's the normal weekend pass which includes all of the Q&A sessions, your photo, autographs, discos and all the other weird and wonderful bits that are put on by the G4.

There's also a day pass, which gives you entry to either the saturday or the sunday. This means you either get the photo or the autographs, depending on what day you go, and you'll get to see two Q&A sessions.

Of course, that's just based on the last two events and could seriously change next year... doubt it but it might.

As for when to book... it depends what sort of passes you want. The charmed passes went really quickly both times that I've been. I remember for AT2, I bought my ticket a few hours after they had gone on sale and was put on a waiting list for the cocktail party. As for the weekend tickets, you can usually get those pretty late on.

But they've not given us a date for the event yet, so we don't know when tickets will go on sale! Usually you know a little in advance for ticket sales.

At the moment Julia (the chair) is involved in her production of Me So Lovely in Toronto. Then I know at least Mumsey is going to Vancouver for Gatecon (and I would guess Becky as well), so I don't think anything will be announced for a good few weeks yet.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
      Okay so I have a question... AT4 is definately a go... correct?

If the answer to that is yes, then my next question is, How far in advance do you have to book tickets? Also, are there different levels of tickets? .ie such as Creation's Gold, and preferred passes....
      I would really like to make it if it is in the works, but I need to start saving and planning...
      Yes, it's a go. We're just waiting on a date, so far.

Last time tickets went on sale in August 2007 for the May 2008 event date. There are two major ticket levels...the Charmed Pass, and the Weekend Pass. The Charmed Pass encompasses a Weekend Pass (two days of convention, including 4 Q&A sessions, a live auction, a silent auction, a photo op with Amanda, and two signatures, one of which can be personalized) plus a cocktail/dinner party the night before.

There is also a disco/dance/get together for both ticket holders.

After a while they then open it up to single day tickets, either the Saturday with the Photo Op, or the Sunday with the Signatures.

We should hear more soon, but for more in depth information check out Gabit's site:

http://gabitevents.co.uk/

EDIT: What Tracy said. LMAO
      Jenni

Comment

Julia is involved with Me So Lovely as stated.
        Becky and Mumsy are part of the Legends Crew that's coordinating the Rick aspect of gatecon...so i sincerely doubt they'll be doing anything about AT4 until September or so, largely because gatecon isn't over until the 25th and i don't know how much more time they're spending in canada before they get home.

As to a date, there's a couple of possibilities

They already have it picked and booked with the hotel and Amanda and are just waiting until after Gatecon to deal with it

They have some possibilities but are waiting to see what works out for Amanda before declaring a date

They just know it'll be in 2009 (and a likely time of year - my personal money is on late summer/early fall) but haven't officially booked anything yet

Needless to say, keep an eye on this thread, or on any of the amanda centric threads, or head over to the yahoo groups and join the gabit group http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gabitevents/

OR head over to the gabit site itself and join and keep an eye on their forum

When a date is announced and tickets go on sale, there will likely be a week+ from the announcement to the sales opening date.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you so very much for the help...
          I will definately keep an eye on it... I'm hoping and praying that the stars align and everything will turn out the way that I need it to in order for this to work as the two event that I had planned after the Chicago convention are not going to be possible for me... and especially after Amanda was announced for Vancouver next year...
          Sorry to rant, just trying to make everything work and find another way to meet her...
          Thanks for the links, definately gotta check those out...
          sigpic
          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Becky and Mumsy are part of the Legends Crew that's coordinating the Rick aspect of gatecon...so i sincerely doubt they'll be doing anything about AT4 until September or so, largely because gatecon isn't over until the 25th and i don't know how much more time they're spending in canada before they get home.

They already have it picked and booked with the hotel and Amanda and are just waiting until after Gatecon to deal with it

They have some possibilities but are waiting to see what works out for Amanda before declaring a date

They just know it'll be in 2009 (and a likely time of year - my personal money is on late summer/early fall) but haven't officially booked anything yet

Needless to say, keep an eye on this thread, or on any of the amanda centric threads, or head over to the yahoo groups and join the gabit group http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gabitevents/

When a date is announced and tickets go on sale, there will likely be a week+ from the announcement to the sales opening date.
            I joined the Yahoo group!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Ok, bought my tickets from the Gabit thread numbers plus a few quick picks

...and tomorrow I'm off to Toronto (will be helping out with the play ) and looking forward to meeting everyone!
              Have fun!! We want details when you return.
              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
              Anon

Comment

...and tomorrow I'm off to Toronto (will be helping out with the play ) and looking forward to meeting everyone!
                Good luck, save travels and woohoo!

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                Safe flight, Mumsey!

And who all am I meeting in Vancouver? Did I mention here I got a ticket to Gatecon? *scratches head*
                ME! but you knew that....well not meet so much as 'get attacked by'

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Um ... not so sure about the SUNNY portion of that (seeing as we're currently in one of the stormiest summers on record), but pleasant journey, and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing y'all next weekend (fingers currently X'd that I can get the time off!!!)

Y'know Titti, we have mountains in need of ski lift operators here in Canada too ... if you're looking to come to NA, that is
                Have fun in Vancouver (am so jealous...)

Cool Fingers X'd for Mandy's tickets too!!!
                (Y'know, this finger x'ing sure does make typing challenging )
                Unfortunately I have missed the recruitment fairs for most resorts in the UK...though I am looking at going to Canada instead.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Trust me chelle, most of us don't need assistance in making that dirty
                  ...and how do the rest of us get in on chelle's generosity, eh? *ponders*
                  Would you like some Jaffa's too Ames???
                  I don't know about generous...I just like to share a bit...and it's fun when I can give something small to someone else on the other side of the world.
                  Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  I've never heard from people who got in the hospital or go to the doctors that have to pay anything themselves. For the dentist, sometimes you do though. Depends on what you got insured. And of course for plastic surgery and stuff.
                  If I choose to not get insurance but I need medical care I get cared for for free in a public hospital...
                  Spoiler:
                  all expenses paid...or at least MOST expenses paid...but for that I don't get to choose my doctor or hospital per se...and this does not include any elective surgery like cosmetic surgeries etc...although there is a waiting list for these things where you can get elective care but the waiting lists are years long!! That's why we have private health insurance...so if our kids need anything, like grommets...which is elective...and that's kinda nuts as Tom was effectively deaf before he got his first set of grommets which saw his speech and social skills adversely affected prior to receiving the grommets...we can jump the queue and get it done immediately...but for that, we have to pay $170 a month...sometimes it's almost not worth it but then there have been times where it's been a godsend...like when I had my gall bladder removed...I got a private room in a private hospital...my own bathroom and an extended stay as in the public hospital system they kick you out real quick...whether you are ready or not...as it was, a little snag in my recovery saw me in hospital for 5 days...not too bad though...my own room with tv and ensuite...like a little holiday really!!...except for the pain!!!
                  Oh and now, the government lets you claim your health insurance on your tax return...so we get a little something back.
                  I'm actually quite happy with our health system...both public and private...it's not perfect but it's a lot better than some of the horror stories I've read from the US and UK.
                  Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                  Well folks, I am in the last stages of leaving for the airport hotel for our early flight to Toronto tomorrow.
                  Three and a half weeks in sunny Canada! Woo Hoo!
                  Got my Hug Magnet shirt packed, so I'll see those of you going to Me So Lovely in Toronto and those going to Gatecon in Groovy!
                  Safe journeys and happy landings.
                  Those of you keeping the home fires burning, play nice together.
                  Huggles
                  Mumsey
                  Bye bye Mumsey!! Have fun!!! Watch out for those pesky mozzies!!
                  Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Give RDA a big hug from me!
                  And from me too!!!!
                  Bye Mandy...have fun...don't work too hard!!
                  Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  AT4 is definitely going to happen.
                  Spoiler:

Levels of passes....
                  There's a charmed pass, which gives you access to the cocktail party. It's called a charmed pass because everyone gets these wine charms based on themselves - like a hobby or job or something - and those are limited to 80 or 90, I think. You also get a lovely group photo of your table with Amanda at the cocktail party. You also get all the other features of the weekend pass included.
                  Then there's the normal weekend pass which includes all of the Q&A sessions, your photo, autographs, discos and all the other weird and wonderful bits that are put on by the G4.
                  There's also a day pass, which gives you entry to either the saturday or the sunday. This means you either get the photo or the autographs, depending on what day you go, and you'll get to see two Q&A sessions.
                  Of course, that's just based on the last two events and could seriously change next year... doubt it but it might.
                  As for when to book... it depends what sort of passes you want. The charmed passes went really quickly both times that I've been. I remember for AT2, I bought my ticket a few hours after they had gone on sale and was put on a waiting list for the cocktail party. As for the weekend tickets, you can usually get those pretty late on.
                  But they've not given us a date for the event yet, so we don't know when tickets will go on sale! Usually you know a little in advance for ticket sales.
                  At the moment Julia (the chair) is involved in her production of Me So Lovely in Toronto. Then I know at least Mumsey is going to Vancouver for Gatecon (and I would guess Becky as well), so I don't think anything will be announced for a good few weeks yet.
                  Thank you Tracy!!
                  There's a charmed pass, which gives you access to the cocktail party. It's called a charmed pass because everyone gets these wine charms based on themselves - like a hobby or job or something
                  I just had to laugh...can just imagine it now...should I be one of the fortunate to get a charmed pass...a little washing machine or dryer charm for my wine glass...oh yeah...it's bad enough I dream of work almost every week...but to be reminded of it on my holidays...oh joy!!
                  Spoiler:
                  Although...when we went on our house boat holiday 2 years ago, I had several nightmares that had me in tears and I dreamed about work as well...although I guess you could also call those dreams nightmares too!!!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I just joined the Gabit yahoo group...not sure how that works but I do pop into the Gabit forums a lot...now!!!
                  So, late summer/early fall is around what time of year??...coz our late summer/early fall/autumn is April/May...I'm assuming you mean August/September...that would be so cool to have it around Amanda's birthday...coz mine would be just around the corner too!!!
                  My feeling is it will be around November-ish.
                  My concern now is that we have to purchase our plane tickets in January/February and if they haven't announced a date by then...I shall be somewhat concerned!! BUT...I'm not going to hound anyone for any dates or what not...just going to enjoy chatting about AT4!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Amy doesn't like jaffa cakes. That's what she told me (And then proceeded to eat half a packet of the things!).

We get them in the Uk too and I'm slightly obsessed with them. Ever since I was a little girl, I was addicted!

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      I'm actually quite happy with our health system...both public and private...it's not perfect but it's a lot better than some of the horror stories I've read from the US and UK.

I just joined the Gabit yahoo group...not sure how that works but I do pop into the Gabit forums a lot...now!!!
                      So, late summer/early fall is around what time of year??...coz our late summer/early fall/autumn is April/May...I'm assuming you mean August/September...that would be so cool to have it around Amanda's birthday...coz mine would be just around the corner too!!!
                      My feeling is it will be around November-ish.
                      My concern now is that we have to purchase our plane tickets in January/February and if they haven't announced a date by then...I shall be somewhat concerned!! BUT...I'm not going to hound anyone for any dates or what not...just going to enjoy chatting about AT4!!!
                      I know there are horror stories about hospitals here, but I've never received anything but good stuff during my own personal forays into the health service so it can't be all bad.

And I am hoping for September personally because I like september and I will be here. If it's November I'm stuffed...thought I thought I wouldn't be able to make AT3 because I wasn't suppossed to be back in the UK until after the 10th of May. Who knew that the US government being mean to me could work out so well?

Amy doesn't like jaffa cakes. That's what she told me (And then proceeded to eat half a packet of the things!).

We get them in the Uk too and I'm slightly obsessed with them. Ever since I was a little girl, I was addicted!
                      Did I ever tell you about the giant foot wide Jaffa cake I made? It was a work of awesomeness.
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Tittamire.... to quote Ashley: "Stop it! You're turning me on!"

Comment

Tittamire.... to quote Ashley: "Stop it! You're turning me on!"
                          Size is everything....when it comes to cakes...

And I'm going home now...*waves*
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Would you like some Jaffa's too Ames???
                            I don't know about generous...I just like to share a bit...and it's fun when I can give something small to someone else on the other side of the world.
                            I seriously appreciate the offer chelle, but Jaffa's aren't my fav dessert. I mean, I'll gladly eat them if they're around, but ... now if you felt the need to send some penguins on journeys around the world, that'd be another story! LOL =D They looked so good at the chocolate tasting at AT3!!! You got pics of those being intro'd and muchly appreciated, right? If not, PM me and I'll send some (more) along... I really hope we get to do the international choc tasting again at AT4! Yum....
                            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                            ames on facebook
                            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

I seriously appreciate the offer chelle, but Jaffa's aren't my fav dessert. I mean, I'll gladly eat them if they're around, but ... now if you felt the need to send some penguins on journeys around the world, that'd be another story! LOL =D They looked so good at the chocolate tasting at AT3!!! You got pics of those being intro'd and muchly appreciated, right? If not, PM me and I'll send some (more) along... I really hope we get to do the international choc tasting again at AT4! Yum....
                              We don't even have a hint of a date and already we're planning the chocolate tasting. I love this thread! My only suggestion along those lines is maybe we each bring a little less chocolate. There was too much for even us to handle last time. (Although it was then shared with others at AT3)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

yeah, like limit yourselves to one bag of kisses, or one box of chocolates or something less.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X