GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Oooooh. Where in France are you thinking of going, Ambermoon?
    No firm plans yet but I'll probably head into Paris to meet up with a friend of mine and then go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
      Hey EH-T....keeping a low profile. Saving $$$ for AT4 and a side trip to France next year.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my sig. *sigh* The MAN just makes it so easy to enjoy his hawtness.
      Yes he does!

I went to France after AT3 so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Speaking of saving money for AT4, do I recall correctly something about Amanda grabbing your credit card at some previous AT event? Would love to hear the story.

Originally posted by suse View Post
      /me is depressed.

I wanna go somewhere. Nearly anywhere. (Though AT4 is a pipe dream. I'll need a new to mecar by then.)

Just did kayak www.kayak.com and found I could visit the brother for $315. (That's actually better than what I paid in 2007.) But...just got a pay cut at work and am still paying off AT3. And have at least 4 more doctor appointments this month because the pay cut is accompanied by a loss of benefits so need to check things out now. And no one seems to be hiring (what a shock) for benefit positions.

Great Maker, I need a drink <<channels Londo>>. That's not on the change in diet either.

/cranky

suse
      Sorry to hear all that.
      Hope things improve soon.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
        Hehehe...well just so you all know...we're all gonna be sucking Jaffa's at AT4...you know...I could really make this dirty but I won't!!

Ooooh!!!! Hehehe...well each to their own!!!

Well I'm easy...just don't tell my hubby that ...if they change it then super...if not then I'm going to be hoping and crossing fingers that you, Mandy, and Jan can still make it. I play the lottery here and if I win the big one...I'll buy the three of you a ticket! If that's ok???
        Trust me chelle, most of us don't need assistance in making that dirty
        ...and how do the rest of us get in on chelle's generosity, eh? *ponders*

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        Hey, Suse, our bears are infamous.

And Mandy, can we get in on that action?
        Actually it's funny that we're talking about this - I had a dream a few weeks ago where there was a bunch of us sitting at a table at the cocktail party of AT4, and the centrepiece was a horseshoe. When AT came to sit with us, she asked about the centrepiece and someone replied that this was ames' table b/c I had won the Cash for Life lottery and bought everyone's tickets and flights. I won't name names (don't want anyone to feel my subconsciousness was leaving them out!) but it was all friends/fam who have told me they couldn't afford to come to the next one ... I suppose maybe I should try buying one of those tickets, eh?

/me is depressed.

I wanna go somewhere. Nearly anywhere. (Though AT4 is a pipe dream. I'll need a new to mecar by then.)

Just did kayak www.kayak.com and found I could visit the brother for $315. (That's actually better than what I paid in 2007.) But...just got a pay cut at work and am still paying off AT3. And have at least 4 more doctor appointments this month because the pay cut is accompanied by a loss of benefits so need to check things out now. And no one seems to be hiring (what a shock) for benefit positions.

Great Maker, I need a drink <<channels Londo>>. That's not on the change in diet either.

/cranky

suse
        *hugs* to suse
        I know the feeling. I've got the f/t job now (still no benefits, but at least it's a steady paycheque) ... but it's being tempered by unexpected complications. And while I'm not quite the lowest on the seniority totem pole, I am there through a temp agency, so we're the first to get laid off if work stays slow ... but I try to not think about that.
        *more hugs and happy vibes*
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

(((Suse)))

Sometimes it's weird how things like health insurance and jobs are so different around the world. Here, everyone has to have health insurance, it doesn't matter if you have a job. You do have to pay around 100 euro's a month for it (it starts at 80 I think, depends on the insurance company and the extras you want to insure). And if your income is really low, the goverment will give you an "allowance" for it, so you can pay.
          Not everyone pays, but if you don't, you are, how do you say it, not following the law and you can get in trouble.
          I've never heard from people who got in the hospital or go to the doctors that have to pay anything themselves. For the dentist, sometimes you do though. Depends on what you got insured. And of course for plastic surgery and stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

Well folks, I am in the last stages of leaving for the airport hotel for our early flight to Toronto tomorrow.

Three and a half weeks in sunny Canada! Woo Hoo!

Got my Hug Magnet shirt packed, so I'll see those of you going to Me So Lovely in Toronto and those going to Gatecon in Groovy!

Safe journeys and happy landings.

Those of you keeping the home fires burning, play nice together.

Huggles

Mumsey
            For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              Well folks, I am in the last stages of leaving for the airport hotel for our early flight to Toronto tomorrow.

Got my Hug Magnet shirt packed, so I'll see those of you going to Me So Lovely in Toronto and those going to Gatecon in Groovy!

Huggles

Mumsey
              Bon voyage Mumsy!

As for the sunny Canada thing, I'm sure we'll provide sun for you being the gracious hosts that we are. However, you are heading for Toronto which set a record for rainfall in July and Vancouver which is in a rainforest!

Give RDA a big hug from me!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

/me is depressed.

/cranky

suse
                *hugs cranky suse* I hope things improve for you...a pay cute bites.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                Trust me chelle, most of us don't need assistance in making that dirty
                ...and how do the rest of us get in on chelle's generosity, eh? *ponders*

Actually it's funny that we're talking about this - I had a dream a few weeks ago where there was a bunch of us sitting at a table at the cocktail party of AT4, and the centrepiece was a horseshoe. When AT came to sit with us, she asked about the centrepiece and someone replied that this was ames' table b/c I had won the Cash for Life lottery and bought everyone's tickets and flights. I won't name names (don't want anyone to feel my subconsciousness was leaving them out!) but it was all friends/fam who have told me they couldn't afford to come to the next one ... I suppose maybe I should try buying one of those tickets, eh?

*hugs* to suse
                I know the feeling. I've got the f/t job now (still no benefits, but at least it's a steady paycheque) ... but it's being tempered by unexpected complications. And while I'm not quite the lowest on the seniority totem pole, I am there through a temp agency, so we're the first to get laid off if work stays slow ... but I try to not think about that.
                *more hugs and happy vibes*
                That is a very cool dream! Buy one of those tickets! And I hope work stays busy for you.

Its kinda sad, but while I am currently a temp I do have great job security in this line of work because domestic violence and child abuse isn't really affected by the economy.

Though my winter job is and currently while I have a job I can't get a visa because the US government hasn't passed the usual returnee exemption and the H2B cap has been reached. I might have to stay in Blighty this winter!

Huggles

Mumsey
                See you in Vancouver...have a safe flight!
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!

Wish I could go... Would love to see Me So Lovely

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey
                    Have a safe flight Mumsey and have fun!

And

((((((suse))))) hope things get better soon.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Ok, bought my tickets from the Gabit thread numbers plus a few quick picks

...and tomorrow I'm off to Toronto (will be helping out with the play ) and looking forward to meeting everyone!
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Safe flight, Mumsey!

And who all am I meeting in Vancouver? Did I mention here I got a ticket to Gatecon? *scratches head*
                        Jenni

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey
                          Um ... not so sure about the SUNNY portion of that (seeing as we're currently in one of the stormiest summers on record), but pleasant journey, and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing y'all next weekend (fingers currently X'd that I can get the time off!!!)

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          *hugs cranky suse* I hope things improve for you...a pay cute bites.

That is a very cool dream! Buy one of those tickets! And I hope work stays busy for you.

Its kinda sad, but while I am currently a temp I do have great job security in this line of work because domestic violence and child abuse isn't really affected by the economy.

Though my winter job is and currently while I have a job I can't get a visa because the US government hasn't passed the usual returnee exemption and the H2B cap has been reached. I might have to stay in Blighty this winter!

See you in Vancouver...have a safe flight!
                          Y'know Titti, we have mountains in need of ski lift operators here in Canada too ... if you're looking to come to NA, that is
                          Have fun in Vancouver (am so jealous...)

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Ok, bought my tickets from the Gabit thread numbers plus a few quick picks

...and tomorrow I'm off to Toronto (will be helping out with the play ) and looking forward to meeting everyone!
                          Cool Fingers X'd for Mandy's tickets too!!!
                          (Y'know, this finger x'ing sure does make typing challenging )

ames on facebook

Comment

More challenging than a cat in the lap?

*blinks*

Ok...that didn't come out right...
                            Jenni

Comment

Okay so I have a question... AT4 is definately a go... correct?

If the answer to that is yes, then my next question is, How far in advance do you have to book tickets? Also, are there different levels of tickets? .ie such as Creation's Gold, and preferred passes....
                              I would really like to make it if it is in the works, but I need to start saving and planning...
                              sigpic
                              awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                                More challenging than a cat in the lap?

*blinks*

Ok...that didn't come out right...
                                S'ok, I know what you meant
                                Cat on lap isn't too bad - it's cat sprawled across arms that causes some consternation... good thing I love my cats, eh?

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X