GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Next year perhaps we'll just cut to the chase and divvy up the food on the plate and split the cost.
    But then I won't be able to eat all the food on my plate and half of the food on yours too.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
      I usually collect some coins...at least one of each type. The only thing I didn't manage was the Croatian money...just didn't have enough funds left by that time to bring back much coinage. I got a few though. And I got Euros (from Italy) and of course, pounds from Engyland. No money from Slovenia (Euros again) or Austria (same)...and I was only in the airport in The Netherlands, so no monies there either.

HEE

And that was just from MAY!
      I've brought home coins from The UK, Italy, Vatican City, and Germany. The coins from Germany are from before reunification. Not only do I have West German coins, I also was able to bring home coins from East Germany. In order to travel to East Berlin, you were required to exchange a certain amount of money, and you were supposed to return any you hadn't spent when you left. I asked to keep my change to make jewelry, and the border guard let me. I had a pair of earrings and a pendant made, but they got lost in a move.
      sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
      May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Next year perhaps we'll just cut to the chase and divvy up the food on the plate and split the cost.
        Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        But then I won't be able to eat all the food on my plate and half of the food on yours too.
        Its OK girls when we go out to dinner, Titi you can eat the half of my dinner that I can't finish.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          Less than £3??? Oh is that all??? ...that's like over $6AUD...that's like 2 cups of coffee down here!!! Oh yeah...£3 only indeed!!!! Holy hannah...I'm going to have to take out a bank loan just to eat in the UK!!!! OMG...how do I tell hubby he was right??? Dang!
          Nah..no loan needed and bread and water only if it's some crazy diet you insist on sticking to whilst on holiday.

Chelle, just remember when saving that everything for you will cost double when in London but generally I found things really not that expensive it that makes sense because what your buying is very generous...least outside the hotel.

If I can remember right, down the road at the Magpie I bought the fish and chips dinner at least twice and it cost about six pounds ($12 US). The amount of food given though was enough for two people imo. I never finished a whole plate and both times had others share with me cos I hated to waste it.

Now *inside* the hotel, liquor was *very* expensive. I bought numerous beers over the weekend and that cost me four pounds each ($8 US!) and once I paid one pound for a tea bag fcol in the side room set up in the afternoon with sandwiches and such. I could of (and should of) brought my own from home and probably will next time.

On that note, do try and bring granola bars, cereal, peanut butter...whatever from home to save money. You can always head down to the petrol station about a block away from the hotel and pick up milk and bread and stash it in your room as they have mini-fridges for your convenience.
          I brought a bunch of food with me, and deliberately booked a room with a fridge for the week after AT3. Even the meals we ate in the room were expensive compared to what I would have paid at home. I found it pretty accurate to expect to pay in pounds what I would pay for in dollars at home.
          London is an expensive city anyway, and the exchange rate is awful right now. I do wish I had eaten out more. I had days when I ate all my meals in, and it really not nearly as much fun as eating out.

The Ren does have some rooms with fridges. Make sure to ask for one when you make your reservation to guarantee you get one. The first thing I would do when you get to the room is to check for it in case you need a room change.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
            For someone as tiny as you are, I've *no* idea where you put it all. It's gotta be one of the great mysteries of the world. Seriously.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Its OK girls when we go out to dinner, Titi you can eat the half of my dinner that I can't finish.

Julia(samcarterrules)
            See Titi, more food for you!

Comment

For someone as tiny as you are, I've *no* idea where you put it all. It's gotta be one of the great mysteries of the world. Seriously.
              I have a theory...the smaller they are...the more they eat!!! My son eats like a horse...and more!! And there's nothing of him. Yes, I know he's a growing boy but he's a weed...I mean he's all legs...stilts...the boy has hollow legs.
              I don't think I will be able to bring any food with me from home...I mean, I'll be in Germany before I get to the UK...so bringing my muesli bars from home won't be practical.
              I think I'll just live on the very basics...like water and maybe a sandwich for lunch...I'll figure it out later.
              But thanks for the tips!!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

One month?! What business got you continent hopping then? That's amazing!
                Well actually it was two weeks...and AT3 was the culprit.
                Jenni

Comment

Just checking to see if the countdown has started yet.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    You and a whole of slough of Gabiteers wish!

Comment

You and a whole of slough of Gabiteers wish!
                      A slough of Gabiteers. hmmmm. I prefer gaggle. Or maybe a pod.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

As long as it's not a murder!!!

So...we're all still waiting for the count down?? I'm going to have to figure out how to set up one of those tinker factory thingys!
                        I can't wait!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

one thing to consider guys....the gabit folks are working heavily with Gatecon and Legends...so you might not get any updates until after Gatecon is over in August.

One thing at a time, and right now Becky has her hands full helping Legends out.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            one thing to consider guys....the gabit folks are working heavily with Gatecon and Legends...so you might not get any updates until after Gatecon is over in August.

One thing at a time, and right now Becky has her hands full helping Legends out.
                            I was only joking Sky. I know they are busy with that and the Me So Lovely show. No one had posted here in a while and it was all I could come up with!

A big THANKS to the kind and generous Chelle as I received an Australian care package today. My office is now a wee bit of Australia. There were TimTams (loved by all), Jaffas (the edible kind) and many other goodies including, what else, a penguin. May have to bring that to AT4 to counteract Jan and Mandy'd polar bears!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Lilferret gave me a panda bear mask at Comic Con... so now I can represent MY ship preference!
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                If only lol. It just has been 3 months (how time flies), I'm sure we have to wait some time yet.

I had the weirdest dream the other night. I'm maybe/probably going to creation con in Vancouver next year. Amanda will be there too. I dreamt we (me and Megyn) were at a Sanctuary panel (I watched the Comic Con vid the night before lol) and the room was all ... how do you say it ... cosy? A bit dark, and people were sitting on the floor. And Amanda and Thomasina (yeah ... huh?) were doing the panel and it was so much fun everyone was laughing so hard. Meg was litteraly rolling on the floor and Amanda came to help her up.

Yeah ... fun dream. Funny how your mind mixes stuff.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X