Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Nice! When do you work?
    Lately, all the time.. It's usually M-F 40 hours a week, but as a supervisor, I definitely put in a lot more than that, and when it's time to do everyone's annual performance evaluations and get the next year's plans ready (like right now) --- having a personal life and "play" time becomes non-existent.

*grins* Wouldn't've been so bad if all these cons and things had been spaced much further apart. But beggars can't be choosers. I'm blessed to have the opportunity to get together with some very cool friends in some very cool places, so it's worth it to run on stress overload for the next two weeks!

How can you "sort of" go to Canada?
    ...well, y'see y'stand on this side o'the invisible line an' y'stick a big toe into the pine needles on d'other side and then... *runs*

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    Oh lets see Summer Plans;

Comic Con - Yes
    GateCon - Yes
    Show ShimmeringStar around CA
    Remodel two bathrooms
    Paint living room and entry room
    Remodel Kitchen
    Emtpy C-Train
    Remodel Room 207 for new Storage room

Busy summer not at all
    Not one bit busy, no sirree.

LOL! And why do I see helping to paint a living room and entry room in my not so distant future....?
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      We are? Oh yea, right reserved, yes we are
      *plans to test that theory in a few weeks*
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

There are always exceptions to the rule.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          It's funny, cause over here it's very uncommon to hug. I never hug my friends. We kiss on the cheeks (three times ) and if someone is not really close I'll just shake their hand. I do hug my husband (a lot) and my mom and sis too sometimes, but that's about it. Hugging seems very personal to me, but I think in other countries it's so normal that it's not especially personal. I like it though and I'm in for Hugcon
          To me, kissing is WAY too personal. I don't fancy someone's lips, directly or indirectly, on my face, unless I'm KISSING, kissing them. Too close for comfort.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          I have an exciting holiday coming. I will be spending three weeks in Canada!

I fly out with Becky to Toronto for Me So Lovely, and then we are taking the train across to Vancouver where No.1 Son will be joining us for Gatecon. Becky's flying home after and Tim and I will spend another week doing the touristy bit before flying home together.

As some of you will remember, I did the train trip Feb 2007 in the snow, and now I will be seeing it 'in glorious technicolour'. Can't wait!

Huggles

Mumsey
          So much fun!

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          Amanda does rather redefine the concept, doesn't she?
          Yes, thank God.
          Jenni

Comment

I fly out with Becky to Toronto for Me So Lovely, and then we are taking the train across to Vancouver where No.1 Son will be joining us for Gatecon. Becky's flying home after and Tim and I will spend another week doing the touristy bit before flying home together.

As some of you will remember, I did the train trip Feb 2007 in the snow, and now I will be seeing it 'in glorious technicolour'. Can't wait!

Huggles

Mumsey
            Mumsey, The train trip sounds fabulous. I've always wanted to take that trip. Maybe one of these days.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

And no, not going to give you a date for AT4 yet folks....patience...

Julia
            G4
            Dang!

Vacation plans...I had AT3 in May and will be attending Gatecon in August. Gatecon finishes up my vacation time.

Too many things on the vacation wish list and not enough actual vacation days...*sigh* I wish I had some time to squeeze Me So Lovely in there. I'd love to see it. Best wishes, Julia.

Thanks, sueKay!

Thanks, Mala!

Comment

It's funny, cause over here it's very uncommon to hug. I never hug my friends. We kiss on the cheeks (three times ) and if someone is not really close I'll just shake their hand. I do hug my husband (a lot) and my mom and sis too sometimes, but that's about it. Hugging seems very personal to me, but I think in other countries it's so normal that it's not especially personal. I like it though and I'm in for Hugcon
              I have male friends over in Colorado who *still* go to give me a kiss on the cheek in greeting whenever I see them and every time I go 'woah, no' and shake hands instead...it's a fun confusion that we repeat endlessly.

Apart from that I just go with whatever feels right, there are some friends I will hug every time I see them, but in comparison I have never hugged my best friend because we just don't do that *shrugs*

I don't think I ever hug as much as I do at conventions though lol.

Huggles

Mumsey
              I originally had plans of going to Toronto before heading over to Gatecon (YAY Gatecon) because I have a very good friend who lives in Mississauga....but it's just financially impossible....but oh well, the way I look at it I *have* to have another trip to Canada sometime in the future to go see her again. Enjoy your three week trip, the train ride sounds a cool way of getting across the country
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Huggles

Mumsey
                I loved that journey. I went in January. In the snow! I'm hoping to do it again sometime.

My vacation plan for this end of the year (I went to Canada in january) is 5 nights in a B&B in the Brecon Beacons (wales) in October! its a photography workshop. Quite a few members of the club i'm in are going.

It's costing me £265 for 4 nights B&B, daily pack lunch and evening meal. included in that price is tuition on landscape photography! Not a bad deal
                Last edited by SEREN LWCH (MAL); 26 June 2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I heard about RDA @ Gatecon way too late to even consider it (Thomasina told me about it at AT3).
                  My team will be playing in Austria on the same weekend. I'll probably go there for either Saturday or Sunday.

I do have vacation time in August. I've been thinking about going to the sea for a couple of days. I wanted to do that last year and we had great weather ...until my vacation came up.
                  So I stayed at home and postponed my plans for a year.

The next trip I have planned is in September. I'm going to see Patrick Stewart in Hamlet.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    And no, not going to give you a date for AT4 yet folks....patience...
                    Julia
                    G4
                    Awwww...c'mon Julia...we've been good...how patient must we be???
                    Hope you still have your job!
                    On that note...my meeting went ok...still have my job...with luck things will be on the improve but when I say luck...I mean LUCK!!!!
                    Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                    Yes...there are...and we all no that Mandy knows no rules!!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Sounds like everybody is going to have a great summer. I would loved to have made it out to Canada for Me So Lovely in Toronto, and Gatecon in Vancouver, but couldn't get the time off work, unfortunately.

So instead, I'm hiring a horse and doing Kelso Civic week. It's a traditional festival held every year in the Scottish Borders, each town has thier own. As I'd already done the Jedburgh one (the Jethart Callant's festival) about three times, I decided to do Kelso this year. The whole thing harks back to when the locals had to ride the bounds of the parish to make sure the English weren't sneaking up to attack or steal sheep (to be fair, the Scots were doing the same thing to the English lands, lol).

There are 7 rideouts, varying from 3 to about 8 hours in the saddle, and I'm doing the mounted paramedic cover, so my horse has to carry special gear behind the saddle- He's a big lad, which is good cause he can carry the extra weight, but bad cause if I have to get off to see to someone it's a sod to get back on.

If anyone is interested, the site for it is Here.

I've done one rideout already, it was great, and I'm looking forward to the rest. Just keeping fingers crossed that I don't come off- that would be terribly embarrassing, LOL.

Really disappointed that I can't make Toronto though.

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

How can you "sort of" go to Canada?

Well I don't know if I'm allowed to say, Julia can I tell everyone?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Well I don't know if I'm allowed to say, Julia can I tell everyone?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          After this you certainly have to!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

After this you certainly have to!!!
                            Oh I concur...you must tell us now Julia...how can you leave us hanging like this??
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                              That's our Mandy. So exceptional. And special.
                              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Well I'm going across to Toronto to also see Me So Lovely with most of my fellow Gabit staff to support Julia and the good cause that it is in aid of. And then I'm flying onto Vancouver for a week for more holiday time! Not doing Gatecon though, I'll be flying back as it starts.

Really looking forward to it as I've never been to Canada before and my brother moved to Toronto 3 years ago and I haven't seen him since. So it'll be reunions with him and reunions with the staff and by the sounds of things a few of you Gabiteers too!

Roll on August!!

Tracy

Comment

Working...
                                X