• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to keep the momentum going ...

Green for GABIT!!

Credit to Grapevine Event Management Ltd. 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
      *wipes away a tear* Baggie will look so beautiful, like a walking tombola stall
      Baggie will look beautiful, whatever she wears, but especially with all her orange decorations.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
        Firewalk survived!! There is no photo of me doing the walk itself - my Mother commented 'I think I've got you on there' but she'd just got the edge of my t-shirt and someone elses back
        Anyway, there's a photo of me+sooty soles+certificate here. It was a real buzz and it feels a bit like walking on snow. Sort of crunchy beneath your toes! No burns/blisters or otherwise, though I do have a sore throat from all the shouting and cheering people on Just want to say a huge thanks for all your support. [[hugs]] all round

The glowsticks I tried this morning are still glowing!! We could be glowing all weekend at Gabit the way they're lasting Will investigate getting a new film for the Polaroid camera next weekend in town *makes note to remind self*

Am off to have a drink and rest my tingly feet for a bit!

Well done Flippy!!!
        I love the pic of you and your certificate, hope those feet stop tingling soon

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Baggie will look beautiful, whatever she wears, but especially with all her orange decorations.
          I shall start my collection of satsuma peels in her honour right now.

Hmmm, what else is orange ... *blink* oooohh Kliggs, how about bringing some Circus Peanuts, we can fix them on with thread, they'd make lovely ornaments too!

Comment

Hmmm, what else is orange ... *blink* oooohh Kliggs, how about bringing some Circus Peanuts, we can fix them on with thread, they'd make lovely ornaments too!
            Orange you getting a bit carried away?!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Comment

Owwwww! *twitches on floor* What was that for?
              For nothing,actually ! Just wait till you try "pinning the decoration on the Baggie " !
              I refer you to these posts,M'Lud !
              I think that is a wonderful idea. *starts thinking about what to attach to Baggie.
              *wipes away a tear* Baggie will look so beautiful, like a walking tombola stall
              Originally posted by Coley
              Oh my gosh I'm gonna need my glacier goggles at the disco!!
              That's possible ! I notice that the Twins seem to be a little reluctant to wear the Orange wigs,though...
              Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Er ... I don't know ... wearing the goggles may be more noticeable than the orange wigs and glowsticks!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ierGoggles.jpg

CG
              ROTFL ! Loved your "SNF" banner too..and I laughed at the Orange joke.
              (No hope for me,obviously,as if anyone needed proof...*Cough* ) (Edited to add :Thought I'd better mention that atm,the above link doesn't work..but it prob will later ,depending on the vagaries of the net!)
              You won't get round me with fine words and blandishments !
              (However,for PB Twixes,I'll consider anything short of a freefall parachute drop !)
              What ! I have to go as a Pot Pourri ??
              Hmmm, what else is orange ... *blink* oooohh Kliggs, how about bringing some Circus Peanuts, we can fix them on with thread, they'd make lovely ornaments too! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/...y/eyebrows.gif
              You intend to festoon me with all this ,too ? Have you given any thought to how I'm supposed to move around wearing that load of excess cargo ?

*Glares at daughter for suggesting I "carry enough cargo as it is,Mum"*
              She and my son think this is completely hilarious,btw...and they give you permission to wind me up as much as possible.
              Humph ! I give myself permission to ban allowances and treats at any time of my choosing ,so to my bratlings !
              Firewalk survived!! There is no photo of me doing the walk itself - my Mother commented 'I think I've got you on there' but she'd just got the edge of my t-shirt and someone elses back
              Anyway, there's a photo of me+sooty soles+certificate here. It was a real buzz and it feels a bit like walking on snow. Sort of crunchy beneath your toes! No burns/blisters or otherwise, though I do have a sore throat from all the shouting and cheering people on Just want to say a huge thanks for all your support. [[hugs]] all round
              Congratulations and Well Done, Flippy !

The glowsticks I tried this morning are still glowing!! We could be glowing all weekend at Gabit the way they're lasting Will investigate getting a new film for the Polaroid camera next weekend in town *makes note to remind self*
              Righto !
              Am off to have a drink and rest my tingly feet for a bit!
              Pamper yourself well...you'll need all your energy for Gabit !
              (I know,work's closer,but who cares about Monday when you can have a proud day of celebration,today ?)
              ((((((((((((Flippy)))))))))))
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 October 2005, 11:28 PM.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Wow you guys are busy!

FLIPPY Well done on the walk!

Baggie I've got the wigs! £2:30 each. They'll need some shaping with our hands. They look flat when they come out of the bags.

Becky Some great quotes! Cant wait to see this quilt.

and in keeping with the ORANGE theme

20 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                  Baggie I've got the wigs! £2:30 each. They'll need some shaping with our hands. They look flat when they come out of the bags.
                  Righto ! I'll pay you back at Gabit...hmm, that makes only 3 of us Wiggies so far,unless I missed a "Yes,please !" somewhere.

Do we bill ourselves as the Three Stooges ? Or the "Three Blindingly Orange Mice "?

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    Righto ! I'll pay you back at Gabit...hmm, that makes only 3 of us Wiggies so far,unless I missed a "Yes,please !" somewhere.

Do we bill ourselves as the Three Stooges ? Or the "Three Blindingly Orange Mice "?
                    If the shoe fits ...
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 October 2005, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Nobody's meddling with my shoes.
                      I draw the line at wearing silly footwear,everyone,...the last thing I need is a pratfall.
                      (Still having leg problems from the last one ! )

Comment

For nothing,actually ! Just wait till you try "pinning the decoration on the Baggie " !
                        I refer you to these posts,M'Lud !
                        *whines* you know it was Rune doing most of the talking about festooning you with orange things.

Originally posted by FHB
                        That's possible ! I notice that the Twins seem to be a little reluctant to wear the Orange wigs,though...
                        Who are the twins?

Originally posted by FHB
                        You won't get round me with fine words and blandishments !
                        (However,for PB Twixes,I'll consider anything short of a freefall parachute drop !)
                        *makes note, bring more PB Twix*

Originally posted by FHB
                        You intend to festoon me with all this ,too ? Have you given any thought to how I'm supposed to move around wearing that load of excess cargo ?
                        Hey! That was Rune.

Originally posted by FHB
                        *Glares at daughter for suggesting I "carry enough cargo as it is,Mum"*
                        She and my son think this is completely hilarious,btw...and they give you permission to wind me up as much as possible.
                        Humph ! I give myself permission to ban allowances and treats at any time of my choosing ,so to my bratlings !
                        Woohoo for kids! Tell them I will do my best.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                          Wow you guys are busy!

FLIPPY Well done on the walk!

Becky Some great quotes! Cant wait to see this quilt.

and in keeping with the ORANGE theme

20 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!
                          I'm sorry Mal, couldn't quite read that; how many days are left?
                          sigpic

Comment

To answer or not to answer; that is the question.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nobody's meddling with my shoes.
                              I draw the line at wearing silly footwear,everyone,...the last thing I need is a pratfall.
                              (Still having leg problems from the last one ! )
                              You're my kinda gal ... somewhere between Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett and Geeky Sam!

Comment

I'm sorry Mal, couldn't quite read that; how many days are left?
                                LOL are you refering to the 3 posts? That was an error. Deleted the first 2

Comment

Working...
                                X