No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B11 - uh... and i don't even have a camera. hahahaha - seat for sale !!!! bids on eBay!!! No, no, I value my life.

(it'll be a silent auction friday night... shhh....)

-geek-
    who me?

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

MG are you B11?
      heheeh
      guess who i getta whack across the aisle ?
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        B11 - uh... and i don't even have a camera. hahahaha - seat for sale !!!! bids on eBay!!! No, no, I value my life.

-geek-
        who me?
        *hands camera forward to Mini*

mind you...I broke the LCD screen so it's 'point and hope' photography

I have bought my bus tickets and got somewhere to sleep for one night sussed. I've also managed to pack all my worldly possessions and am doing one last bedding wash...woo!

Look out Blighty
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
          When we talked about the seating plan we agreed it's better to have less seats in a room but happier attendees without cricked necks, and able to see everything.

Julia
          G4
          As a vertically challenged person with chronic neck problems

THANK YOU

(((((G4)))))

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post

-geek-
            who me?
            I have a very gorgeous camera with brand new lenses that will be great for an aisle seat.

I am the only one that can operate said camera though

And good news! My cocktail outfit is done! I did the math and discovered I hemmed about 10 feet worth of material. By hand.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              I have a very gorgeous camera with brand new lenses that will be great for an aisle seat.

I am the only one that can operate said camera though

And good news! My cocktail outfit is done! I did the math and discovered I hemmed about 10 feet worth of material. By hand.
              Warning: This request contains a technical sewing description...

Mumsey and I are seeking a couple of volenteers...

We are in the process of finishing off the Quilt of Many Hugs quilt which will be presented to Amanda At AT3. We are completeling it in a "quilt-as-you-go" method which involves rather a lot of hand sewing on the back. We need to put a hanging sleeve on the top back so it can be displayed, but we have to get it done and off to the cleaners for the fluffing washing toot sweet. I was going to sew the sleeve into the top boarder attachement seam and the binding but it gives a better finish and the quilt will be under less stress if the sleeve is attached seperately.

Could we bother a couple of people (must be competant hand sewers) to stitch the sleeve on. It's a rather eerrmm large quilt... ( hence having to take to cleaners for washing ) so there is a significnat bit of sewing to do, about 24-36 foot. It's not that difficult if you can sew/ embroider as it's done with a blind hemming/ invisible applique type stitch.

Work needs to be done on thursday at the hotel. needles, pins and thread provided.

any takers???

Becks & Mumsey
              QOMH Project

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                Warning: This request contains a technical sewing description...

Mumsey and I are seeking a couple of volenteers...

We are in the process of finishing off the Quilt of Many Hugs quilt which will be presented to Amanda At AT3. We are completeling it in a "quilt-as-you-go" method which involves rather a lot of hand sewing on the back. We need to put a hanging sleeve on the top back so it can be displayed, but we have to get it done and off to the cleaners for the fluffing washing toot sweet. I was going to sew the sleeve into the top boarder attachement seam and the binding but it gives a better finish and the quilt will be under less stress if the sleeve is attached seperately.

Could we bother a couple of people (must be competant hand sewers) to stitch the sleeve on. It's a rather eerrmm large quilt... ( hence having to take to cleaners for washing ) so there is a significnat bit of sewing to do, about 24-36 foot. It's not that difficult if you can sew/ embroider as it's done with a blind hemming/ invisible applique type stitch.

Work needs to be done on thursday at the hotel. needles, pins and thread provided.

any takers???

Becks & Mumsey
                QOMH Project
                I don't know what my roomie and I have planned yet for Thursday evening, but my flight lands at 3pm.

I have done a bit of hand sewing and embroidery (thanks to Irish Dance!), though I've never actually been taught proper (so I have no clue about the names of the stitches), but I catch on quick.

So barring any other plans for the evening, I am sure I can help out a bit.

Comment

"Spiffy" - becky_preen (G4)
                  "Cool" - SamJackShipLover
                  "Pain In The Arse" - Me

Here is version four of the AT3 seating chart....

Spoiler:
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post

Spoiler:
                    While you're changing things I should tell ya that G7 is mine too. Well.. not mine literally, but my friend from Germany. We met through at.com many moons ago. Wow Amanda is awesome. How many people has she just.. brought together.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Very cool
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                        That means you are beside scifithinker and me. We are across the aisle!

suse
                        Unfortunately not. I'm in the row behind Mandy and Jan but not directly behind them, I'm on the outside aisle.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Bring it on!! Do your worst!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          OK, after all this talk of spitballs and peashooters and so on, I'd simply like to remind you that I teach at a middle school.
                          DON'T MAKE ME USE MY TEACHER VOICE!
                          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

* quickly crawls under desk and cowers*
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                            Anon

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              OK, after all this talk of spitballs and peashooters and so on, I'd simply like to remind you that I teach at a middle school.
                              DON'T MAKE ME USE MY TEACHER VOICE!
                              aww SFT, don't worry, we'll not aim at the teacher, unless someone is bad at dirrections you will not have trouble with us...err...yeah no trouble none what so ever

*adjust halo*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                There you go, the I row will be for our Imaginary Attendees

So strix can be IA10 (a lovely aisle seat, you'll love it)
                                Can we give chelle a seat in this row too because she'd love to be there and this way she can be with us in spirit (and any other GW'ders who can't join us this year )

Spoiler:
                                Nice Tracy I just realised I'm sitting in the same row as Antoa and Mousie YAY!

*bounce* only 14 days *bounce*

Oh-oh Busted! *hides from scifithinker*
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Working...
                                X