GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dreamingofstargate View Post
    Hi, just been lurking, but want to mention that I talked my niece into going to AT4 with me. I am so excited that I can hardly sit still. Not quite counting the days down – (need a date a to do that). I tend to be pretty quiet until I get to know you. An exception is when I get “good vibes” from someone. My family knows that I am just a wee bit crazy over Stargate and especially Amanda. I went to the con in Vancouver 2006 and have a couple of t-shirts, a baseball cap and a picture of Amanda and me that I had transferred to a t-shirt. There is a Stargate meet up group here in Dallas Texas (for thoses of you who live in Oregon), so there are some folks here that I can talk about Stargate and Amanda with. It is still nice to have you guys here on line.
    Welcome to the thread! Mandy was correct, we are a little unsure of where the exit is, partially through lacking of looking.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Me too. I asked her during the photo shoot how she was holding up since she was on the go all day and she said she was just fine. Amazing energy. I think that weekend must set a record for hugs by one woman as she must have hugged everyone once and some multiple times. Another entry in Guiness for Amanda!
    Gotta love hugs...they come in unlimited supply, they can be passed on, they never go out of date or fashion and they travel really well

Hehe...Geese I was once visiting a friend in Mississauga and we walked down to the Lake from her house at which point she proudly introduced, "and these are our geese!" I was like, "I know, we have them too." bless her.

Ooh and tim tams, (like penguins) are best eaten by biting off opposite corners and sucking hot chocolate through them until they disintegrate.
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
      *closes eyes and SO pretends she didn't read that*
      Ahhh...but you did ...BUT, it was totally innocent...you've just slipped into the gutter...have you ever had a Jaffa before???
      I believe the Canucks to be superior warriors.
      Just because it's you(and for all the shippers out there): GO PENGUINS!
      Hehe...on one odd occassion we were chatting about sports and what not, and somewhere along the way the Canucks were mentioned...I think we might have been watching it on dad's telly...anyhoo, I cheered and said "Go Canucks!!"...my family looked at me asked how I knew what the Canucks were...I just said..."I'm smart is why!!"
      I'm a Collingwood supporter down here (Australian Rules Football)...Go the Pies!!! (Collingwood's mascot or symbol if you will is the magpie...hence the Pies!!)
      If there were a penguin team then I;d drop the pies in a heart beat...or maybe barrack for both teams at th very least!!
      Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      Welcome to the thread! Mandy was correct, we are a little unsure of where the exit is, partially through lacking of looking.
      Ooh and tim tams, (like penguins) are best eaten by biting off opposite corners and sucking hot chocolate through them until they disintegrate.
      I'm still searching for that elusive exit.
      Tim Tams are great when you suck hot coffee through them too...my favourite flavour is Latte...very yummy!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        So, is everyone still there in Canada? The fog is so thick here that Windsor has disappeared. Quick, send up a loon so I know you're okay!
        Hey, isn't there some sort of acting school in Windsor?
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I believe the Canucks to be superior warriors.

Agreed. LOL. Hope this pic works....

AT4- coming in 2009

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.' - General MacArthur

Comment

I'm an SG penguin. But I must cheer for the Wings. And the Wings won! Woo hoo. We'll get to wear Red Wings garb to work on Friday for the big parade.
            OK, I wish I didn't have to say this but: Congrats to the Wings!

Guess experience beat youth.

@ Kel: that is sooo wrong!

Aren't there any hockey fans with good taste on this thread? sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

Maple Leafs!
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_horse
                Originally Posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Maple Leafs!
                *hurls*

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. ;-)

Comment

I have a soft spot for the red wings cos I learned my hockey in Toledo Ohio which has strong connections to detroit. I have actually smuggled a squid into an arena It was during the Toledo Storms play off run in 1994. We were on the road and I was in with the fan club whom were well known for smuggling in squids and so were pratically strip searched when they entered the arena, so I put it in the bottom of my bag and did the lovely polite english girl with the cute accent thing. They never batted an eyelid at the contents of my bag.

I remember very well that year Chris osgood sitting on the bench after a playoff game where he had messed up and it cost them the run to the cup. he was crying poor thing. [hugs chris]

Anyway I also have a soft spot for the penguins as one of the storm players Alex Hicks played a couple of seasons for them and hubby and I went over to pittsburgh for the weekend to watch a couple of games. I had a pres pass ( long story) but was allowed to take pictures down by the ice. during one of the periods, jagr did this spiffy snowy stop that showered my bit of glass with spray. during the break I managed to talk the rink guy into letting me wipe off the glass. so I shuffled out onto the ice

Did I mention that for two weeks at the begining of this regular season my Husband was the only logged officail scorer for the NHL??? He did both the games in London... which also gives me a further soft spot of the Ducks ( whom Alex also played for later on/before) as the stats guys were just soo nice when they were here...

ahhhh... so does that qualify.
                  I used to play too... every position including goalie.
                  Hugs
                  Becks

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                    *closes eyes and SO pretends she didn't read that*
                    LOL - yes, you did just read that!!!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

<snip>

...were we *supposed* to be looking for a way out of here?
                    ...has someone been snurching my memos again? (Not that I'd want to leave - it's so warm and cozy in here )

Right, and what do you call that trick? I ask, b/c I had the wonderful experience of standing in the grocery store with my friend and her mom, who yelled out:
                    Spoiler:
                    What do you mean, you've never had a chocolate orgasm? We'll fix that when we get home, luv.
                    Then again, these are the same pair who would go into the Peter Kay biscuit impressions in the middle of the store aisles as well, so I suppose I should have been used to getting funny looks by then We do ours with hot tea instead though.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    Ahhh...but you did ...BUT, it was totally innocent...you've just slipped into the gutter...have you ever had a Jaffa before???

Hehe...on one odd occassion we were chatting about sports and what not, and somewhere along the way the Canucks were mentioned...I think we might have been watching it on dad's telly...anyhoo, I cheered and said "Go Canucks!!"...my family looked at me asked how I knew what the Canucks were...I just said..."I'm smart is why!!"
                    I'm a Collingwood supporter down here (Australian Rules Football)...Go the Pies!!! (Collingwood's mascot or symbol if you will is the magpie...hence the Pies!!)
                    If there were a penguin team then I;d drop the pies in a heart beat...or maybe barrack for both teams at th very least!!

I'm still searching for that elusive exit.
                    Tim Tams are great when you suck hot coffee through them too...my favourite flavour is Latte...very yummy!!
                    But why??? Why is it everyone seems to want to leave?
                    Or is it just knowing that you *can* exit if you so wish, as opposed to people *wanting* to exit? Hmmmmm....

*hurls*

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse. ;-)
                    LOL - I'm with you
                    Of course, I'm a Sens fan, so ...yeah.
                    (Hockey season gets very interesting in our household - Grandpa is a life-long Canadiens fan, Dad is a die-fard Leafs fan, and I'm a Sens girl ... Mom'll watch anybody really - as long as it's live, she can't stand watching hockey on television )

...and Becks, I'm thinking you definitely count as a true hockey gal! lol
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                      Anyway I also have a soft spot for the penguins as one of the storm players Alex Hicks played a couple of seasons for them and hubby and I went over to pittsburgh for the weekend to watch a couple of games. I had a pres pass ( long story) but was allowed to take pictures down by the ice. during one of the periods, jagr did this spiffy snowy stop that showered my bit of glass with spray. during the break I managed to talk the rink guy into letting me wipe off the glass. so I shuffled out onto the ice

Did I mention that for two weeks at the begining of this regular season my Husband was the only logged officail scorer for the NHL??? He did both the games in London... which also gives me a further soft spot of the Ducks ( whom Alex also played for later on/before) as the stats guys were just soo nice when they were here...

ahhhh... so does that qualify.
                      I used to play too... every position including goalie.
                      Hugs
                      Becks

HICKS, HICKS, ALEX HICKS!

Alex is still loved in my hometown! He played 5 seasons for the Kölner Haie.
                      Founded the Alex Hicks Initiative. They still do toy runs around Christmas for children in hospital. :-)

He was one of the players who was hated by other teams but he was invaluable on your own team.
                      Then when you talked to him off the ice he was like the nicest family man.

...and to make this somewhat on topic: his gameworn jersey from the last championship year hangs very close to my Sam Carter costume (AT's clothes from the set).

Way to go Beck's hubby! Several of my friends went to London. I don't really care about either team so I stayed at home.

As for the Ducks vs. Sens finals. Yeah, the *American* team won, however, they had more Canadian players than the Canadian team.
                      Now, what does that tell you?
                      Last edited by Fresh_Horse; 05 June 2008, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Next year, look out, Colorado Avalanche is comin back!!!! I hope....
                        sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          Hey, isn't there some sort of acting school in Windsor?
                          Ya know, I think there just may be. It seems I've heard an actress discuss it before. (I often wonder if I may have crossed paths with someone and didn't know it)

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                          I have a soft spot for the red wings cos I learned my hockey in Toledo Ohio which has strong connections to detroit.
                          It's called rivalry. We drive through Toledo on the way to Cedar Point. I kid. They've got some cool stuff there. Though get out of the way when UofM plays Ohio State. THAT'S a rivalry.

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                          Next year, look out, Colorado Avalanche is comin back!!!! I hope....
                          My brother once had a pet rat named Claude Lemieux.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

My brother once had a pet rat named Claude Lemieux.
                            sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by dreamingofstargate View Post
                              Hi, just been lurking, but want to mention that I talked my niece into going to AT4 with me. I am so excited that I can hardly sit still. Not quite counting the days down – (need a date a to do that). I tend to be pretty quiet until I get to know you. An exception is when I get “good vibes” from someone. My family knows that I am just a wee bit crazy over Stargate and especially Amanda. I went to the con in Vancouver 2006 and have a couple of t-shirts, a baseball cap and a picture of Amanda and me that I had transferred to a t-shirt. There is a Stargate meet up group here in Dallas Texas (for thoses of you who live in Oregon), so there are some folks here that I can talk about Stargate and Amanda with. It is still nice to have you guys here on line.
                              Welcome to thread!

and I would join in with the rest of the thread conversation but I have no idea what your all talking about what sport are you talking about?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I love how this thread has AT4 as a tag
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X