GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Chelle, it's so totally not selfish of you to want something like this. Live your dreams and make your memories cos life is way to short to keep saying 'maybe some day.' Family is important, but it sounds like you have a pretty awesome hubby that will let you 'fly' a bit without feeling the need to rattle that chain. Have fun without guilt too. Thats key.
    You know, I unfortunately know how short life can be...I fully intend to have fun when I get to AT4...and i know that hubby is a little concerned about doing it all on his own next year but...I've done a lot of the hard work on my own too...In don't feel guilty...yet...I do understand what he's saying...but I'm just too darn deliriously happy about going to AT4 to be worrying about that right now!!
    Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    And chelle, a mother who doesn't take care of herself ends up not being able to take care of her family well either.
    I absolutely agree with you...which is why I shall be there with bells on next year...you gonna be there too scifithinker??? I'd love to meet you too!!

Thank you all for the positive comments...unfortunately not everyone shares the same point of view...but such is life!!
    Last edited by Chelle DB; 01 June 2008, 05:24 AM.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Chelle I think it's wonderful that you want to make the journey here. And you're blessed to have a hubby who, although concerned about managing without you, is still happy to let you come out here and have some fun. You absolutely deserve it.

Whatever some folks might think, I think it's important for every gal to travel. Not necessarily alone, but also with friends. And that is what you'd be doing. It's not like you'll get here and wander around by yourself. It's like taking a vacation with friends. Okay so you're going a leeetle bit further than say - an outback safari - but you know we have a zoo here *waggles eyebrows* I'm sure we can find something that eats eucalyptus.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        Chelle I think it's wonderful that you want to make the journey here. And you're blessed to have a hubby who, although concerned about managing without you, is still happy to let you come out here and have some fun. You absolutely deserve it.
        Whatever some folks might think, I think it's important for every gal to travel. Not necessarily alone, but also with friends. And that is what you'd be doing. It's not like you'll get here and wander around by yourself. It's like taking a vacation with friends. Okay so you're going a leeetle bit further than say - an outback safari - but you know we have a zoo here *waggles eyebrows* I'm sure we can find something that eats eucalyptus.
        Oh good god...I do not like the outback and won't be going on any safaris anytime in the foreseeable future.......and as for hubby being happy to let me roam the globe...well that depends on the time of day!!
        It's so exciting though...I seriously can't wait!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
          Thank you all for the positive comments...unfortunately not everyone shares the same point of view...but such is life!!
          They don't? Grr...where are they...I'll go argue with them until they submit...ask Cel I'm a pain in the backside for a good discussion/argument (unless I get bored too quickly, which also happens)
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
            They don't? Grr...where are they...I'll go argue with them until they submit...ask Cel I'm a pain in the backside for a good discussion/argument (unless I get bored too quickly, which also happens)
            I'd be more worried about you picking me up and literally removing me
            (We didn't talk nearly enough - have to do that more over bluey goodness next time around! LOL )
            ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
            ames on facebook
            ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
              I'd be more worried about you picking me up and literally removing me
              (We didn't talk nearly enough - have to do that more over bluey goodness next time around! LOL )
              you can't have too much blue jello (or talking or affectionate pick ups)....though Julia has requested my pond water jelly too
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                WHAT?! I never got that warning
                Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                You're obviously not getting all your memos.
                It's a conspiracy.

ETA:
                Originally Posted by PengYn
                I intercept them.
                Well, maybe a conpirsacy of one...

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  It's a conspiracy.

ETA:

Suse

GAH! PENGYN! Your new name!

PenGyn - A conspiracy of one.

I LOVE IT!

And as for traveling alone...my hubby still hasn't decided if he will come to London at all next year. He really wants us to take our two week trip to Vancouver as planned, which means he'll be out of vacation. He's kind of got it down to whether or not we have enough money for both of us to also fly to London. If not, we will take two weeks in Vancouver and I will take a week in England as well. If we do have enough, we will go to Vancouver for only a week, and both go to London.

Part of me wants to go alone (only because I'd like to just hang with my friends, for once)...but the other part of me is worried I will be alone more than with friends. And that part sucks.
                  Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
                    And as for traveling alone...my hubby still hasn't decided if he will come to London at all next year. He really wants us to take our two week trip to Vancouver as planned, which means he'll be out of vacation. He's kind of got it down to whether or not we have enough money for both of us to also fly to London. If not, we will take two weeks in Vancouver and I will take a week in England as well. If we do have enough, we will go to Vancouver for only a week, and both go to London.

Part of me wants to go alone (only because I'd like to just hang with my friends, for once)...but the other part of me is worried I will be alone more than with friends. And that part sucks.
                    Jenni, at an AT convention I think it's impossible to be alone. There's always someone you can hook up with, but I'm sure you'll be just fine with your friends (I know I was this year, with the same group ).
                    sigpic

Comment

I went to AT3 alone AND didn't know anyone. I met so many wonderful people to spend time chatting with. The hotel construction I guess made it more difficult this year (people told me) so I did spend some time by myself but I enjoy that to. I go alot of places by myself (not married). If I always waited for a time when my friends could also go, I'd miss out on alot of my trips. And my family/friends, lets just say, don't share my love of all things Amanda or Stargate, heh.

So Chelle, you go girl! And DON'T let those who are trying to make you feel guilty about going get you down. You tell them this is for your mental health and in the long run will be better foryou and your family. It will teach your children that everyone deserves time for themselves, Moms and Dads included. It's also a good lesson for your daughter that she to is entitled to think of herself first. You can't always put others before yourself. If you do, eventually, there won't be anything left of YOU to give.
                      sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Jenni, at an AT convention I think it's impossible to be alone. There's always someone you can hook up with, but I'm sure you'll be just fine with your friends (I know I was this year, with the same group ).
                        That remains to be seen. Most of the time I feel like an outsider.

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                        And my family/friends, lets just say, don't share my love of all things Amanda or Stargate, heh.
                        My friends and family here don't share the interest, that's for sure.
                        Jenni

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          GAH! PENGYN! Your new name!

PenGyn - A conspiracy of one.

I LOVE IT!
                          I do it out of love.

And for the simple fact that poking fun at Mandy is rather entertaining.

Jenni: I went to AT2 alone. I wasn't on gateworld at the time. I knew absolutely no one else who was going, not even a solitary online folk. I was so nervous, so totally afraid that I wasn't going to have a good time, and so scared that no one would talk to me. By Avalon I was bouncing around in other people's rooms watching stargate with the people I'd met. Amanda fans seem to be really wonderful in giving out the hand of friendship. I did write all my experience down in my con report (which you can find in the links on my LJ since you know where that is) and you can see that being alone didn't last for very long. I was so overwhelmed by that experience. Then AT3 came, and the friendships formed just blew me out of the water. They definitely strengthened over the weekend. Samandans just seem to stick like jello. And they taste good too. *LICK*

EDIT: woo hoo 5000!!
                          Last edited by PengYn; 01 June 2008, 12:45 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            You know, I unfortunately know how short life can be...I fully intend to have fun when I get to AT4...and i know that hubby is a little concerned about doing it all on his own next year but...I've done a lot of the hard work on my own too...In don't feel guilty...yet...I do understand what he's saying...but I'm just too darn deliriously happy about going to AT4 to be worrying about that right now!!
                            Chelle, trust me. You definitely need this for yourself so don't feel guilty for taking this trip. I know the hubby might argue it (depending on the time of day or his mood) but keep at it. You need a time with the gals so be very strong on this one. *hugs*

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                            Awe, your not a pain in the arse...much. I love our little discussions too hon. Most times, I have to admit, you do win though. Gah! I hate losing to you. lol

Don't say that! You won't be alone at all! When I went to AT3, I knew a grand total of one person as she was the only one I had met beforehand. Everyone else was just a name without a face, but it wasnt long before I started connecting with those from GW. After meeting up with Titi, I ran into Eve (replicartertje) at check-in and then as I was walking her up to her room we came across Lies (SamJackShipLover) and my roommate Flow (Idefix44) on the stairs. Then we caught up with Julia (samcarterrules) and after that it was like falling down a stairwell. So dang easy! I met tons of people and so will you. Hey, if I do go next year I'll definitely be looking for you so you can join our crazy little group. You won't be alone so put that one worry out of your mind.

Originally posted by Erin13 View Post
                            I went to AT3 alone AND didn't know anyone. I met so many wonderful people to spend time chatting with. The hotel construction I guess made it more difficult this year (people told me) so I did spend some time by myself but I enjoy that to. I go alot of places by myself (not married). If I always waited for a time when my friends could also go, I'd miss out on alot of my trips. And my family/friends, lets just say, don't share my love of all things Amanda or Stargate, heh.

So Chelle, you go girl! And DON'T let those who are trying to make you feel guilty about going get you down. You tell them this is for your mental health and in the long run will be better foryou and your family. It will teach your children that everyone deserves time for themselves, Moms and Dads included. It's also a good lesson for your daughter that she to is entitled to think of herself first. You can't always put others before yourself. If you do, eventually, there won't be anything left of YOU to give.
                            Gah..we talked before the con but I never did run into you at all. Glad you had fun though and next year (if I go) I'll definitely make sure I find you.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

EDIT: woo hoo 5000!!
                            Yay! Congrats on your big 5-0-0-0!!

OT spoilers up and blinking!!
                            Spoiler:
                            I've been feeling a bit down for quite a few days. Some rl cr..p happened recently and changed everything for me. Been a hard crawl upwards and I know I'm not there yet, but the dirt 'neath my nails is proof I havent given up.

Yesterday I watched 'Fragile Balance' again. I sooo love that ep. Michael Welch did such a great job with getting Jack's mannerisms and expressions down pat. I laughed my way throughout the whole thing which was cool since I havent cracked a smile in a long time. I love Stargate.

Went out mt. biking today with some friends to Starved Rock and had an awesome time. We biked and climbed some of the boulders and just laid around being bums. I'm exhausted now, but in the best way possible. I'm off now to re-watch the rest of S7 and just chill. *sigh*
                            Last edited by Celandine; 01 June 2008, 11:53 PM.

Comment

YAY! That's another reason why I branched out, took the plunge, and started playing over here. I figured I was really narrowing my opportunities to meet cool new people if I only posted in one place.
                              Jenni

Comment

YAY! That's another reason why I branched out, took the plunge, and started playing over here. I figured I was really narrowing my opportunities to meet cool new people if I only posted in one place.
                                Well as you know Samandans have a certain reputation

Spoiler:

Ooops, wrong smiley

Here's the correct one

Spoiler:

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X